snaillad

MOC: Top Slice Bakery

Hello fellow EB members!

My latest project is more of a novelty building rather than my usual MOC's with lots of architectural details. I thought it'd be pretty fun to make a more 'quirky' building. I've seen plenty of novelty buildings online but not so much in person, I don't think its something seen much here in the UK.

A toaster seemed an obvious shape to make with what bricks I have so turning it into a bakery sold itself! :laugh:

All manner of pastries, loaves and much more are available to purchase all freshly baked onsite in the 'flour' tower. Grab a coffee to go at the cup kiosk!

On with the pics - only 3 of them;

26791737153_e0ecdc06f2_c.jpg

27300685712_58e52e269e_c.jpg

27327673121_a0c6d6a928_c.jpg

You can view them on my flickrstream if you prefer here: https://www.flickr.c...s/52656812@N04/

Comments welcome!

looks great, and building like toaster is perfect :laugh: and coffe cup and 'flour' tower with smoke is nice .

will try to copy coffe cup for my park !!

Wonderfully clever bakery :wub: The toaster with such realistic bread looks great :thumbup:

Very pleasant seating area too :classic:

Very funny and well done. I like the combination of buildings, works well together in styles and colors. The cyclist clearly indicates the country ;-)

Lovely creation. And what a great idea ! :laugh:

Could easily fit onty every city layout.

Great build! I need a toaster like that for my kitchen. :classic:

Excellent job getting the shape of the bread right, it looks spot on.

One thing that could be improved would be the tree, it looks a bit flat. Adding some more leaves to the top would really improve it.

looks great, and building like toaster is perfect :laugh: and coffe cup and 'flour' tower with smoke is nice .

will try to copy coffe cup for my park !!

OMG, I love this! The coffee-cup kiosk takes it over the top. Lively minifig posing too.

Thanks Romanos and murphy_slaw! Originally I never intended to make a coffee cup it was going to be a jar of Jam but couldn't get the a look I was happy with, the coffee cup was a quick change, glad you like it!

Wonderfully clever bakery :wub: The toaster with such realistic bread looks great :thumbup:

Very pleasant seating area too :classic:

Haha this is very cool!

Cheers soccerkid6 and peedeejay!

Very funny and well done. I like the combination of buildings, works well together in styles and colors. The cyclist clearly indicates the country ;-)

Thanks polarstein, I'm finding things look better in 3's. Well I didn't intend to hint at any country with the bicycle, I just thought it might be wise to work off some of those calories from those pastries! :classic:

Somehow this brings to my mind an alternate story about minifigures who utilize our household appliances and materials while we are away...or is that The Borrowers?

Great build

I love novelty buildings! There used to be a lot of them here in LA in 30s/40s, but most are gone now.

Wonderful, fun scene... your designs seem like perfect little worlds.

This is absolutely lovely and a pretty unique idea too. Highly apprechiated! :classic::thumbup: Its good to see a happy and creative build like yours!

Nice work Snaillad!

Have your really seen such a bakery in real? I mean, it looks so funny that would be great!^^

I like the general look of this creation. Like your other mocs, it's really smooth and clean, with nice used with curved bricks, which gives a not so cubic feeling.

I can smell some coffee and toasted bread just looking at your pictures!

Great job, funny and cool, with your nice and recognizing way to build!

Totally wonderful creation that has popped up here on EB, congrats on being front paged 'snaillad', Brick On !

Great building designs!! I especially like the coffee cup coffee shop!! (And the toast!!)

Excellent stuff!!

It's so smooth and rounded, as is your style, it's lovely. It's a great idea, really well executed, especially the angling of the bread in the 'toaster' and the toast sign. As others have said, the rest of the scene is also really nicely done, making it vibrant and bringing your buildings to life. Really lovely. :wub: