Sign in to follow this  
DraikNova

Lord of Skull Spiders [MOC]

Ahh, the magnificent Lord of Skull Spiders. Many thought he was a rather weak set, sacrificing playability and some aesthetic appeal for fairly boring function. Recently, I've been playing around with system-based action figures, and, after seeing all these skull army creations pop up again, I decided to make my own version of him. I decided to make him more spiderlike, with the face of a jumping spider, the horns of a jewelled spider and of course, all eight legs, two spinnerets and two pedipalps. I made the pedipalps the smaller, female morph because I figured that, if they're too small to even be depicted in the actual set, they shouldn't actually be bulky in my MOC. Features string-shooting stud blaster spinnerets, 41 points of articulation and a stand which is supposed to hold the golden mask of skull spiders, although LDD lacks it. As far as I can tell, he's fully buildable.

27326436771_411e140e09.jpg

A better look at the stud shooter spinnerets and back.

27326437451_a574cdc85e.jpg

Ventral view of the big spider and his shiny.

26790462113_d772e2c106.jpg

Comments and criticism appreciated!

Edited by DraikNova

Yeah, it's rather difficult to try and make a realistic spider face and not make it look huggable to some extent. Any suggestions?