tripletschiee

42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - MODs and Improvements

1 hour ago, chlego said:

Looks a bit unnatural to me but still way better than the gap

Unnatural in what way? To be clear they’re not attached to the bonnet, they stay exactly where the are when the bonnet is opened.

I have built Porsche 911 GT3 RS and applied fixes from community-driven errata by @Didumos69. But I was lacking the visibility into the gearbox. Inspired with the Lamborghini Sián set, I have decided to modify the chassis to make the gearbox visible at the bottom of the car. Moreover, the goal was to not use any additional bricks that are not included in the set.

My modification to expose gearbox can be applied to the original set as well as to the variant with the community-driven errata.

Download PDF instruction

chassis-bottom.jpg

chassis-bottom-zoom.jpg

20210403_172838 (Small).jpg

Edited by Piotr Mocko
PDF instruction attached

My first very minor mod - I like to eliminate stickers wherever possible so I purchased from Bricklink a genuine printed "RS" wheel centre to replace the Porsche stickered round tile in the centre of the steering wheel. Very happy with the result.

Edited by williamyzfr1

On 8/12/2016 at 11:45 PM, nerdsforprez said:

This method:

14710377601_DISPLAY.jpg

Pretty much the same method used by others here in this thread. I used different pieces just because I am away from my collection and have a limited amount right now.

I don't think closing the gap that I did had been proposed yet. But this thread is so long; I haven't read the whole thing or followed it the whole time. I would not be surprised if someone else had proposed it. But I have not seen it.

Sorry for quoting a very old post... but since moc-pages is down, can you share details on how you covered up the hole under the headlamps? Or maybe someone else knows?

I've been looking at attaching the smaller panels with friction pins using either 42003 or 6536. But I'm worried it will feel "unfinished" since it will not be completely fixed in place and can be rotated around two axles. Maybe there's a better solution? Or if it's the only way, would 42003 or 6536 be best?

16 hours ago, Slinger said:

Sorry for quoting a very old post... but since moc-pages is down, can you share details on how you covered up the hole under the headlamps? Or maybe someone else knows?

I've been looking at attaching the smaller panels with friction pins using either 42003 or 6536. But I'm worried it will feel "unfinished" since it will not be completely fixed in place and can be rotated around two axles. Maybe there's a better solution? Or if it's the only way, would 42003 or 6536 be best?

Mocpages is not down.  It is dead :pir-murder:

I have the original photos and LDD file somewhere, but it's so simple really no need to look for them.  Take a look at the video if you need to: 

Right at the end, minute at around minute 1:41, you can see it.  This part 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15100#T=C

between both 1 x 11.5 bent liftarms and you are set...

Many, many thanks nerdsforprez!:classic:

Is this is the way it's attached? Looking at this solution, it can still be tilted a bit, but I'll settle for it since it's for display, not playing.

tmp-fs8.png

Don't have the set but I noticed I had (almost) every part, just not in the right color. Result is a Porsche with an identity crisis:

51776450653_6e110ac487_k.jpg

Edited by m00se

Bought some rims from a guy on ebay "kleinanzeigen" (which is a smaller german version of the regular ebay) who is making these occasionally. https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-bestandsliste.html?userId=9663494

They look similar to the BBS LM rims. The star inside is 3d printed and the ring outside is polished aluminium, and glued together.

He offers them in silver, gold or black. Also a different design (BBS RE) is available.

The Lego tyres don't fit 100% but its close enough.

KKtD8fX.jpg

3v9U5Ti.jpg

sb6L8be.jpg

rzfGCGj.jpg

XLrUaEo.jpg

DOnJHzj.jpg

QZW4i8T.jpg

4tz4xjL.jpg

KPzMGgQ.jpg

Edited by Polarlicht

Those honestly might not cost much more than the crazy expensive original rims these days!

I never realized that those rims were so expensive and rare: only 5 shops are selling it on BL!

I found a full 42056 at 200€ last year: it feels strange to think that only those rims cover this price today *huh*

Bit of a random question but I’m hoping someone will know.

Do we know what the actual scale of the Porsche is?

I know it’s quoted as 1:8 but I’m also aware that this could mean 1:7.8 or 1:8.4 as examples.

To quote Brickset's review:

These dimensions make the Technic model 1:8, 1:7.6 and 1:8.7 scale respectively when compared to the real car's length, width and height.

Thanks @LvdH so the answer is it’s all approximate then. I wanted to use the Porsche as a bit of a guide for comparing against my own “1:8” project

So, does anyone have pictures of the GT3 RS on Sian wheels or even Ferrari Daytona wheels? Very curious to see what that looks like. Also, any pictures of the GT3 with the newer, rounder fender pieces? Are those panels available in LDD?

zoo:- “does anyone have pictures of the GT3 RS on Sian wheels or even Ferrari Daytona wheels? Very curious to see what that looks like”.

Porsche 911 GT2 RS/GT3 RS with genuine LEGO Lamborghini Sian wheels.

51906075526_444a1b0927_c_d.jpg

21 hours ago, LegoHoops said:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS/GT3 RS with genuine LEGO Lamborghini Sian wheels.

Nice one! Thank you! I didn't expect the gold wheels to go so well with the orange of the porsche. Looks neat! :)