tripletschiee

42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - MODs and Improvements

22 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

@Didumos69 How do you manage in adding the missing flat pannel in my LXF ? I tried many times, and I cannot position it !

I had to reposition quite a lot too. Here it is.

32 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

OK, thanks @Didumos69 !

Can I replace my LXF file by yours on my server ?

Of course you can.

Well initial testing of this version of my indicator mod looks promising, can't manage (yet?) to get a gear grind on the steering mechanism.

2217a74d6a0a8b2cbc773f00cf7d400c.jpg

The idea of this mod was to have in indicator below the speed-o-meter. I know from a playability perspective this mod is freakin useless since you have to be in the driving seat looking through your steeringwheel to actually see it (edit: and even then you can't see it lol, mod didn't make it to the final build, other attempts to get it closer to the steering wheel failed) , but I liked the idea of having it close to where one would be on the real car. I didn't want to use stickers, though at one point I did mess with the numbers that label the stickers on the stickersheet :laugh: to put them on a part. Anyway, white=1st gear, grey 2nd, orange 3rd and blue 4th (just some colours I had round 1x1 tiles of).

(and yes I don't like it either that I used a 3L pin with stop bush on the right and a ballpin on the left for the rubber bands, will probably adjust that tomorrow for the sake of symmetry)

Edited by Appie
I can't mod anything :D

Now the 'Pimp up my Porsche' topic is closed, does anyone have a parts list for just the extra required parts on top of the Porsche set? I should probably get round to building mine soon!

8 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

Sorry for dragging up such an old post, but can someone please help me locate @efferman and @technic_addict rear end mods referred to above?  The links just go to the front page, and I've been going through this thread and can't find the original posts/pics.  Interested in the rear end mod, I have an idea for this but wanted to see what effe and t_a had done.  Thanks a million.

I guess things got moved around in the threads so the link is gone.  It was so long ago, I don't even remember exactly what I did.  If you get no response, I can take a picture of the rear end for you which should be enough for the mod.  From what I remember it was just a swap of a beam and panel. 

@efferman actually to clarify - I am fine on the replacement panels you used, just wondering how you attached them to the body - is that two 1x5 orange liftarms?

Not sure, but i think they are simple straght liftarms.

Edited by efferman

3 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

Thank you very much, also - if you do have a moment to take a couple of pics so I can see what you did, I'd be extremely grateful ?

I will take a look at it tonight or tomorrow night and snap a picture.

4 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

That's the one - thank you very much.  I don't suppose you have a photo or description please, of exactly what you did? I'm sure it is beautifully simple but I want to make sure i have the parts I need and that it is compatible with what I am thinking about doing.

If interested, few pages before, I proposed this :

Porsche_fix_12.jpgPorsche_fix_13.jpg

Porsche_fix_15.jpgPorsche_fix_16.jpg

On 4.5.2017 at 11:02 PM, jb70 said:

Thanx for all your good ideas in this forum!

I published my MODs to pimp up my Porsche including 314 pages building instructions on Rebrickable.com.

Have fun to pimp up your Porsche, if you like!

Pimp up my Porsche.jpg

Hi folks!

now I am back in this forum after 1 month of absence, woken up by a PM from @Kumbbl. He was asking me, if I would like to update my building instructions with some new features of this forum.

Today I read your new postings and I must say, am really suprised about your feedback to my "Pimp up my Porsche" MOD. Thankx for all of that. 

And I found several new Ideas from you to improve this MOD. In a first step I plan to update my building instructions by these features:

So give me a few days to implement the new features.

In a next step I also like to test some other features, But I would like to keep my MOD simple, fully functional, easy-to-build, light-weight and very close to the original design.

38 minutes ago, jb70 said:

[...] I must say, am really suprised about your feedback to my "Pimp up my Porsche" MOD. Thankx for all of that.  [...]

It is normal ! Your version and that one of Didumos69 are two different visions of the MODs we can provide to this Porsche and both are used as references thanks to their respective building instructions !

Personnaly, I made several very inconspicuous MODS, but I am not (yet) capable to provide a LXF of the version of the Porsche I have built... and so not capable to provide instructions like you and Didumos69.

Edited by DayWalker

Here is an extremly simple mod to make the chassis more rigid (to be applied before the driving wheel and the shifting gear system is connected to the chassis) :

Porsche_robust.jpg

I have updated part list, 3D model (MPD) and building instructions on http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8003/jb70/42056-pimp-up-my-porsche/.

Pimp up my Porsche.jpg

Changes:

Thankx for your help to improve this great model.

On 7.6.2017 at 2:44 PM, Rog said:

Now the 'Pimp up my Porsche' topic is closed, does anyone have a parts list for just the extra required parts on top of the Porsche set? I should probably get round to building mine soon!

@Rog

You can easily get the additional parts on Rebrickable.com. By using the compare feature you will see the additional parts you need on the left side:

http://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/?1-set=MOC-8003&1-inv=18016&1-user_list=&2-set=42056-1&2-inv=11015&2-user_list=

On 07/06/2017 at 9:56 PM, DayWalker said:

If interested, few pages before, I proposed this...

@DayWalker I just noticed that around the same time you posted this originally, you also posted about a central mirror.  Did you ever add one of these, and if so, do you have any photos please?

Edited by Paknaloid

2 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

@DayWalker I just noticed that around the same time you posted this originally, you also posted about a central mirror.  Did you ever add one of these, and if so, do you have any photos please?

I have not taken any photo yet... basically, 3 parts :

-  a single bush 6073231 connected in the center hole of the 3L beam 6102618 on top of the roof

- a black connector 4121715 in the bush

- and a black angle element 4107783 connected on the connector.

To be honnest, I plan to change a little bit the roof geometry, close to the front windshield to suggest curvature

I have also added wipers compatible with a removable body (see p13)