tripletschiee

42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - MODs and Improvements

This is really improving a lot! The improvements of Blackbird and Max make a big difference. I also like the motorization that promobricks did but there is no mention if the gearbox works. I also don't like the battery in the front seat.

@blakbird:

Many nice and necessary MOD´s have been added here and I´m looking forward for my set to come (with delay) and to build it.

Would it be possible to make an index with CAD based pictures and naming the steps of the BI where to replace parts?

Also to mention the use of extra parts which are not included in the set. So everybody who wants to build his Ultimate can choose which modifications he likes and could easily apply them. The motorization MODs should go into an extry category not related so much to the main improvements that don´t change the car substantially.

Thanks in advance for considering and your efforts!

Edited by brunojj1

The first mod could be add a HOG. Seems easy. Just connect directly the steering wheel to the gear rack using U Joints. And the HOG could be placed where is the Toggle joint (87408). Even there is a hole for the HOG. Hope you understand me. I am in a Tablet and I can't post the pics.

Finishing building mine today (early father's day present), and found that my 8448 wheels fit on it with no issues. Not that they are that good looking on the car:

26850493734_f5def05efa_c.jpg

Porsche wheels fit on 8448 with a simple hub swaps as well

Swapped most of the blue parts to black, and the 3 and 5 axles to black. Had a good bit of parts left.

26850494094_bd7785c8e8_c.jpg

Liking the idea of locking out the gears from going from 4->1 or 1->4

Excited to see how this build can be improved

This set is going to rise the price on 3L pins @ BL significantly :laugh:

Tumbler wheels are also the same diameter, but the offset is too high, leading them to stick out an extra half inch.

27425406126_27ae40f434_c.jpg

Size comparison:

27183238860_fb7239694d_c.jpg

Not sure why you wouldn't want to use the original wheels, which should be awesome for MOCs.

EDIT: added picture for size comparison

This set is going to rise the price on 3L pins @ BL significantly :laugh:

I think the black axle pins are going to go up more, as they are not nearly as common.

Edited by BrianGT

I think the black axle pins are going to go up more, as they are not nearly as common.

I have +2k of them so I don't worry. But I f I did have a BL shop I'd up my price 2-3x :wink:

Finishing building mine today (early father's day present), and found that my 8448 wheels fit on it with no issues. Not that they are that good looking on the car:

Could you also post an image of the 8448-wheels stacked next to the Porsche wheels?

I finisded Box 1 in LDD

Had to made some minor changes due to missing parts..

Check my album for more renders

https://www.flickr.c...157668857471472

I've got a dummy version of the 3 x7 panels, and an idea for the new wheel hubs up front. I was working on the file too, but my computer puked and destroyed it. But, I've still got the dummy parts, and the shift mechanism. I manged to get it to actually be in the correct position, to. Do you want me to share the files for the parts?

Also, could you share the LDD file with us? I've got some ideas for the chassis, but I don't have enough physical parts to build it.

Edit: added file request, and deleted image. I forgot about the not quoting images. :blush:

Edited by Saberwing40k

OK sounds good to me :grin:

I am using a Titan 380 motor, a HobbyWing Quicrun ESC, and a 7.2V 5000mah tenergy battery (I would recommend a lower mah because of size)

It would be better to get a brushless motor like the Traxxas Velineon motor because they are more durable.

Yes I would the entire inside would go along with a rebuilt suspension and no gearbox. I have been using lithium grease to lube the axle and it works fine for me, as a matter of fact the axles have less ware then the ones with my crawlers, I cant say the same for the to the gears.

The motor would melt the clutch gear instantly so that would be a bad idea.

I have made a reddit post to figure out what parts to use to outperform your car :grin:

Oh well pics of the mod might be cool then, i was surprised as most cars the 380(and other motors) is designed for use high quality bearings to reduce drive train friction(motor killer) and lego does not have any of those

yes please, I want to see!

I have made a reddit post to figure out what parts to use to outperform your car :grin:

Really I would like to see that post

I've got a dummy version of the 3 x7 panels, and an idea for the new wheel hubs up front. I was working on the file too, but my computer puked and destroyed it. But, I've still got the dummy parts, and the shift mechanism. I manged to get it to actually be in the correct position, to. Do you want me to share the files for the parts?

Also, could you share the LDD file with us? I've got some ideas for the chassis, but I don't have enough physical parts to build it.

You got PM

Edit: added file request, and deleted image. I forgot about the not quoting images. :blush:

Would you explain more about your gearbox mod to get it in right angle?

I added an L motor below the engine to test my transmission build so far. Everything works very smoothly except it hangs up while downshifting if you don't pull the paddle back ALL the way.

I finisded Box 1 in LDD

(image)

Had to made some minor changes due to missing parts..

Check my album for more renders

https://www.flickr.c...157668857471472

Could I possible have the LDD as well? I have an idea to add some proper HOG, perhaps some ackermann (this depends more on the wheelarches) and a different method of Max Supercars mod that won't sacrifice the 7x3 panel.

Hi fellas, I think I find a permanent solution for the double engagement issue. It is a possible mistake in the instructions. Please watch the video I've just uploaded. Thanks for your attention, give me some feedback how does it perform for you.

I have no idea how to insert the video here, so I link it

I made it finally (I mean the video insertion)

Edited by Attika

Hi fellas, I think I find a permanent solution for the double engagement issue. It is a possible mistake in the instructions. Please watch the video I've just uploaded. Thanks for your attention, give me some feedback how does it perform for you.

I have no idea how to insert the video here, so I link it

That is pure genius.

:wink: Welcome here, and hat off for this analysis! :thumbup:

Edit:

After pointing it out, it really makes sense to use the rubber part in the construction as well. Waiting for replies from owners... but it seems, that Lego could save the whole torture...

Edited by agrof

I think both swapping axles and changing the catchover directions are being put in place deliberately by TLG, so that people can tinker with it and discover the right way, just like some people like to tinker with their cars. As the video points out, it just doesnt make any sense at all to use a catchover when a 2M liftarm can totally serve its place.

To embed a video remove the s from "https"!

Like this: http://youtube.com/

Thank you. I've made the change. Not neceserally sucsessfull, but in the last two days god of digital thingies doesn't like me. :grin: Yesterday the brickshelf became unavailable, when I was gonna post my MOC. :sceptic:

:wink: Welcome here, and hat off for this analysis! :thumbup:

Edit:

After pointing it out, it really makes sense to use the rubber part in the construction as well. Waiting for replies from owners... but it seems, that Lego could save the whole torture...

Thank you for inviting into such a good community. :cry_happy: