Without further ado, I may present you Captain Morgan's new flagship, the infamous and fearsome Queen Annetta's Revenge!

The name is a subtly reminiscence to the time when Captain Morgan served in the Royal Navy of her majesty, Annetta Queen of Corrington.

It is a class 5LA galleon and so far my largest ship.

Pics are linked to larger resolutions.

26784655863_b0ff57d4df_b.jpg

26784538963_33fe084c48_b.jpg

The Figurehead is a crowned harpy with an accidental resemblance to a young female sovereign of Halos. As mentioned, accidental.

27293372332_130080901e_b.jpg

27293372312_f56ecc0557_b.jpg

27293372272_53fd00fd44_b.jpg

27293372292_86f5173864_b.jpg

27391456385_767b8728f5_b.jpg

Thanks for visiting my ship!

Edited by Jacob Nion

Love those lanterns and gold accents! Excellent detailing on the deck area as well, and the printed part on the stern fits in wonderfully pirate_classic.gif

Excellent galleon! Great shape and size, fantastic ornamentation. I applaud Captain Morgan's taste in ships. I will study this one for awhile. Where does the printed piece on the stern come from?

Hark, thou surly knave!! Scurrilous scandalous scurvy scoundrel!! The name of Her Majesty of Corrington, adorning a vessel manned by vile and filthy pyrates?! In the name of all that is right and proper I demand - uh, umm... actually, that's a really good idea, and it seems so obvious now that you mention it... :grin::pir-wink:

Excellent vessel. Or galleon, if you prefer, although for me the prow and forecastle don't quite have the galleon look; otherwise she's good. The brick-built hull looks great, and both bow and stern turned out nicely. The basic combination of brown, black, and gold looks great on any ship in my opinion, and the stern decor in all three colors is a neat idea. Overall the shape and details are quite good, and what we can see of the crew looks worthy of the real (non-PotC) QAR reference. The figurehead and lanterns are very creative too. Good work and a fine addition to the fleet. :classic::thumbup:

This ship is quite a beauty, lovely angles and curves! The gold highlights are great and really like that crazily elaborate lantern on the back! :thumbup:

Pics resized, a few added.

Love those lanterns and gold accents! Excellent detailing on the deck area as well, and the printed part on the stern fits in wonderfully pirate_classic.gif

Thanks very much!

Excellent galleon! Great shape and size, fantastic ornamentation. I applaud Captain Morgan's taste in ships. I will study this one for awhile. Where does the printed piece on the stern come from?

Thank you Captain. Glad to hear you like it. The stern piece is a sticker from the Hobbit set Goblin King battle and easily my favourite sticker that I love to use over and over again.

Hark, thou surly knave!! Scurrilous scandalous scurvy scoundrel!! The name of Her Majesty of Corrington, adorning a vessel manned by vile and filthy pyrates?! In the name of all that is right and proper I demand - uh, umm... actually, that's a really good idea, and it seems so obvious now that you mention it... :grin::pir-wink:

Excellent vessel. Or galleon, if you prefer, although for me the prow and forecastle don't quite have the galleon look; otherwise she's good. The brick-built hull looks great, and both bow and stern turned out nicely. The basic combination of brown, black, and gold looks great on any ship in my opinion, and the stern decor in all three colors is a neat idea. Overall the shape and details are quite good, and what we can see of the crew looks worthy of the real (non-PotC) QAR reference. The figurehead and lanterns are very creative too. Good work and a fine addition to the fleet. :classic::thumbup:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad that I not only finished the ship in time, but also that nobody else claimed that ship name before me. I actually had that one in mind since I first read the introduction of BoBS. So yes, for me it's surprising that no one else had figured it out all the time pirate_laugh2.gif

This ship is quite a beauty, lovely angles and curves! The gold highlights are great and really like that crazily elaborate lantern on the back! :thumbup:

Ahoy! Thanks Kai. I spent a whole building day on different lantern design, so I'm glad you like them.

Great vessel !

Nice use of the wither skeleton corpses for the stern. And the figurehead is excellent !

Perhaps your masts should be a bit taller seing the size of the hull. With that you could add some topsails and add one jib (or two...) in order to follow a Brig plan that would better fit this kind of ship than a Galleon plan. I agree with Captain Dee that the prow and the forecastle are not fitting in a Galleon look.

Otherwise, good job and excellent hull design !

Very beautifull vessel Jacob!

It looks very smooth!

I agree with Captain Dee that a forecastle would add an extra 2 "o" 's in my "Woooow".

And Faladrin was ahead of me, but he is right, your masts are too short. Which is really to bad... A general shipbuilder tip is: the length of the mid mast is as long as the length of the hull pirate_classic.gif

Now that sir, is a pirate ship! Great work, a fearsome looking ship that is sure to strike terror across the brick seas!

Great looking pirate ship, Jacob. I really like the discreet colours with the golden accents, and I think her overall shape is pretty good, and also pretty realistic. The slope from fore to aft is pretty good, merging well into the raised cabin and the quarterdeck, I thikn the stern gallery and the quarter galleries (on the side) are very good too, and strikes a very nice balance between aestehics and darkness fitting for a pirate ship.

The long rows of open gunports and the extra guns on deck makes her look very imposing. She is definitely a class 5, and while I would have picked a heavy, based on her looks, I think she works well as a 5LA too. pirate_satisfied.gif

I have got to disagree with Faladrin here. A brig-rig would be very much out of place here, as she seems like a late galleon, perhaps a race-built one to me, where the size of fore- and sterncastles would have started to decrease. And that means she should definitely be ship-rigged as in your example, including the lateen, rather than the spanker on the mizzen. With a brig rig, she would look very odd, I am certain.

As to the size of masts, well, there can be several explanations. Early sailing ships did not have topgallant masts (which would raise the mast height to the proportion suggested by Faladrin and Maxim.). Alternatively, even later ships would sway down the topgallant masts for maintenance or in hard weather to avoid rolling them overboard or have them blown away. In short, I am not so concerned about the height of her masts. pirate_blush.gif

I should add, that generally, the rigging is very nicely done. Great work!

Lastly, I have to comment on the Harpy! pirate_tong.gif

If the Queen ever finds out, I cannot promise you wont face a big bounty on your head! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Beautiful! Others have given their expert opinions, I don't really know enough details to tell you anything except that as a whole it looks fabulous and I especially go for a bit of inter-faction baiting so I'm obviously loving that figurehead - can the Corries sit back and allow that to go unanswered, hang on where did I put my wooden spoon...

Your greatest and best ship to date! I love all the details you put there, as the cabin-windows and the harpey!

Fine ship - one of the finest we have seen in this forum!

Soooooooo many great details!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Very nice pirate ship with some truly impressive lanterns in the back, Jacob Nion! pirate_wink.gifpirate_laugh2.gif Great job with the aftcastle and the jib and square sails as well! pirate_classic.gif

This is a great ship. I am particularly fascinated with the cabin and the rigging. Also the various decorations and statues on the ship are great. I definitely can see that it is a Harpy once I am told so great job on some realism there.

Very nice pirate ship. The ornamentations are well done. It's got bling. :classic:

What an absolutely fantastic ship with so much inspiration to look up to. Great job on all those colour choices, just lovely.