azog

what ever happened to lego worlds?

Hey guys and mainly I just wanted to start a form because I am very curious why it seems like Lego worlds just died out of nowhere. The game is still really fun in my opinion. So why does no one care about it anymore?

It hasn't really "died". In fact, there was a developer diary posted earlier this month. But I suppose there's just not a whole lot of people here who are interested in discussing it compared to other games like LEGO Dimensions.

The only reason I haven't been discussing or playing it myself is because there's still no Mac version.

Eh, to me, it's just a normal Lego game, but with a mediocre building system.

In order for this game to be special, or unique, there should really be things added to the game to make it more special and unique than it is now.

I guess it's cool that the devs added lighting to the game, but it honestly needs more than that if it wants to attract the attention of others.

I'm not saying to make Lego Worlds the net Lego Universe (although I among several others wouldn't be complaining :grin: ), i'd just like there to be things in this game you wouldn't find in others. To not be just another Lego game.

Maybe a first person option? A lot of people are asking for that.

Full LDD support? That would be cool.

It could also be more than a sandbox. Wouldn't just chilling on an island get boring after a while? I dunno. I mean, you don't even have a real reason for being there.

I dunno. I'm not an expert. But that's just my theory on why there isn't much discussion on this game. It just isn't... Enough.

Edited by gamejutzu

Discussion on it never took off around here. I'd happily participate in one, but like Aanchir, I don't have a capable set up right now to run around in the game and make stuff. I will in a few months though.

its honestly a shame that the game never set off. I think it could have been a fantastic game. Lets hope one day it will be and even mac users can play the game!

Once again Lego is missing the potential - No commercials, No infos anywere...

It's ok game right know. But It misses good building system, better menu and good ideas for gameplay.

It's a bit too random for my tastes, but UI like the feeling of old good tyme Lego Wackiness.

I think it would be glorious idea if you could buy set and then with code unlock it in game - same with minifigs.

I would preffer more like Minecraft gameplay - with brick collecting!

I hope rumored vechicle builder is real :D

Once again Lego is missing the potential - No commercials, No infos anywere...

It's ok game right know. But It misses good building system, better menu and good ideas for gameplay.

It's a bit too random for my tastes, but UI like the feeling of old good tyme Lego Wackiness.

I think it would be glorious idea if you could buy set and then with code unlock it in game - same with minifigs.

I would preffer more like Minecraft gameplay - with brick collecting!

I hope rumored vechicle builder is real :D

There are no commercials yet because LEGO hasn't finished developing it yet — it's still in "early access" (sort of an open beta). LEGO probably doesn't want to advertise an incomplete product. Once it's finished in "early access", then we can expect to start seeing more advertisement, especially as it gets released on more platforms.

I know what you are trying to say Aanchir, but NONE of the Lego main MMOs ever had any real promotions, and I'm afraid they will go this way once again and such a cool project will fail.

I know what you are trying to say Aanchir, but NONE of the Lego main MMOs ever had any real promotions, and I'm afraid they will go this way once again and such a cool project will fail.

I think this one might get a bit more promotion since it's TT games, and not funcom or someone else who hasn't worked on Lego games before.

I seem to remember a lot of LEGO Universe TV commercials! And LEGO Worlds isn't an MMO so shouldn't face a lot of the same challenges that LEGO Universe and LEGO Minifigures Online did.

One way that LEGO Worlds has been promoted is via a building contest on LEGO Rebrick. In fact, that was the very first contest they ran when they relaunched the site.

I wish Lego would go the way of Blockland and use a building system like that, its simple it works well and it keeps you in the perspective of the mini-fig.

The building system is not very easy to use indeed. It would be a ton easier if there was a first person mode. If Lego worlds is going to be a successful game it needs to have multiplayer online. Not global servers but just a individual server you can play with your friends. It needs to let you enter in sets that you have purchased. And finally it needs a first person mode. It would be great if there was a survival mode to add onto the creative mode like Minecraft but its not needed. If you want to play a survival game where you can build Minecraft is your best option for sure. A vehicle creator would be amazing! It could bring back the building from Lego racers. Also it would be great if they added challenges to the game. Like the evil wizard wants you to receive a certain leaf from a plant found in the spooky woods so he can make a potion. Or stuff like that.

It could be nice if there was some sort of hidden story, kind of like Minecraft. I dunno, maybe.

The island is really boring to me. The biomes are just there to look pretty, and they're also pretty small. I'd love it if the areas were big, and had things around to make it look like that area besides the colors.

For example, i'd like the spooky forest to have a pathway in between the spooky trees, like you'd see in real life. Right now it's just a cluster of trees.

It would also be really cool if there were renders you could unlock for the game. Like realistic Lego, CGI fake Lego, and stuff like that.

Edited by gamejutzu

Minecraft is your story. When you play the game it feels like its you surviving and having fun. It basically feels like its your life as Lego worlds doesn't have that type of feel to it. It feels like your running around trying to collect it all and keep procrastinating on building you kingdom.

Minecraft is your story. When you play the game it feels like its you surviving and having fun. It basically feels like its your life as Lego worlds doesn't have that type of feel to it. It feels like your running around trying to collect it all and keep procrastinating on building you kingdom.

I keep coming to blockland for what Lego world should be doing..... Blockland is good clean building fun . No worrying about finding all the people / weapons / biome / every little detail in the entire game. It' just good clean brick building fun with friends. Maybe that explains why I've put 100 something into block land and about 4 into Lego worlds. Also it's a tap appalling how poorly this game runs on the average compute at the moment. Lego is an all inclusive thing. It's hard to be that in a video game unless most computers can run it properly. Block land is much simpler and a whole lot older but you can still have a smooth game even with a few hundred thousand or so bricks rendered.what i'm saying is i'm super bais towards block land. its the best brick building game I've seen to date.... Is it too late for lego to buy Blockland and not ignore them after offering like the first time?

I keep coming to blockland for what Lego world should be doing..... Blockland is good clean building fun . No worrying about finding all the people / weapons / biome / every little detail in the entire game. It' just good clean brick building fun with friends. Maybe that explains why I've put 100 something into block land and about 4 into Lego worlds.

The thing is though... That looks like fun for multiple.

Lego Worlds needs a good single player, and make you feel like you actually have a purpose, rather than just going around and hitting things, and finding structures in a stark landscape.

The thing is though... That looks like fun for multiple.

Lego Worlds needs a good single player, and make you feel like you actually have a purpose, rather than just going around and hitting things, and finding structures in a stark landscape.

It needs quest and certain things to shoot for.

It needs quest and certain things to shoot for.

I wouldn't say quest, but I guess there could be things to try to accomplish.

Maybe there can be modes to the game. There could be a free mode, where you have all the stuff and have no restrictions on where to put things, etc. Here you can basically build whatever you want and show the world your mansion or gigantic machine.

And a "story" mode, but not really. More like Minecraft's survival and creative modes, but here you can die and lose your parts, and you only have access to basic bricks the first time you play, so you need to go around and collect parts.

You also can't just pull a car out of nowhere, you have to build it.

And if you have LED bricks, technic pieces, and power bricks, you can make devices like cranes and elevators.

Edited by gamejutzu

New Animals, Decorations and... MULTIPLAYER confirmed!

https://www.youtube....S-FwMM2iXu9gIbA

Great trailer! And it looks like it won't be getting just multiplayer, but also a fair number of other new features aimed at making that kind of gameplay more interesting (at least, I think things like the paint cannons and such are new).

I didn't know the CMF's appear in LEGO Worlds

This makes the Funcom CMF MMO pretty much useless

Lego worlds is the better version of CMF's online