azog

what ever happened to lego worlds?

New video, LEGO Worlds goes multiplayer guys:

(Can't find the official discussion atm, sorry!)

Only your friends on steam. You can't hop on a random server yet

Eh, I still expect great things from this game. Gonna keep waiting until I hear of that one announcement, the one that really sets this game apart. Or, at least, make it unique anyway.

Edited by gamejutzu

Eh, I still expect great things from this game. Gonna keep waiting until I hear of that one announcement, the one that really sets this game apart. Or, at least, make it unique anyway.

What announcement are you waiting for?

On my list I would like:

Being able to collect bricks

Dimensions characters can be unlocked (new PC gamepad? )

Creator sets can be unlocked by codes (like the hosue we have now)

Full LDD support.

More intuitive interface as I still find it very clunky.

Being able to collect bricks

Dimensions characters can be unlocked (new PC gamepad? )

Looks like we think alike. If there's ever a story/survival mode or something, you should work your way up with brick collecting, from basic bricks to advanced Technic and beyond.

But what's the point of Dimensions in Lego Worlds? There'd be nothing for them to do other than run around and use their abilities on nothing.

The only way I can see this idea happening is if the game develops enough to the point where it looks like an actual real, lush world, and the characters would be like interactive skins where some of their abilities would be removed if it's allows for easy progression.

What announcement are you waiting for?

I dunno. Survival and free mode? Things to do? I'm not sure, but it should be something that adds meaning to the game.

I can see that though where you have a unlocking portal for your favorite minifigures. Maybe you can also unlock certain bricks that you have in your collection

I built some skyscrapers and saved them in my models folders to build a nice town but the roads were always a problem now it should be a ton easier! I'm excited to see how far this game really goes. If they add a car and minifigure creator this game will be a ton more fun!

It seems like a lot of people here want Lego Worlds to be a sandbox game, which utilizes every aspect of Lego, from Technic to string. I admit, with a polished building system, this would actually be a really fun game, if Lego was going in this direction.

Lego + unlimited bricks and building techniques = 10/10. But i'm worried the game isn't going to be like that...

To the people who want the ^ above ^, how would you like it if there was a second mode, where you have a health gauge, you have to collect bricks, and you have an initiative to do so? (not really a story, but a reason).

Edited by gamejutzu

It seems like a lot of people here want Lego Worlds to be a sandbox game, which utilizes every aspect of Lego, from Technic to string. I admit, with a polished building system, this would actually be a really fun game, if Lego was going in this direction.

Lego + unlimited bricks and building techniques = 10/10. But i'm worried the game isn't going to be like that...

To the people who want the ^ above ^, how would you like it if there was a second mode, where you have a health gauge, you have to collect bricks, and you have an initiative to do so? (not really a story, but a reason).

A survival mode basically. I would love that aspect! Where you need to gather food and build a shelter so the evil skeletons can't get you.

A survival mode basically. I would love that aspect! Where you need to gather food and build a shelter so the evil skeletons can't get you.

Yeah! Well, technically you could fight the skeletons without a shelter. But a shelter is still nice for keeping all your stuff. But I don't know about food. Maybe food could heal you, but I myself don't like hunger bars...

Yeah! Well, technically you could fight the skeletons without a shelter. But a shelter is still nice for keeping all your stuff. But I don't know about food. Maybe food could heal you, but I myself don't like hunger bars...

I see what you mean about hunger. But i have to admit it will add more stress and tension to the game

I see what you mean about hunger. But i have to admit it will add more stress and tension to the game

Yup, since you don't normally don't imagine plastic figures needing food of all things to survive, it just wouldn't feel right for an all-Lego game.

I wonder how much longer it will be until the game is out of early access

I wonder how much longer it will be until the game is out of early access

The game has a lot of work to do. Also, the fan demand is still huge. People want a FPB (first person builder), and for the game to not be so cluttered.

I wouldn't mind playing around with it, but I'm not paying for a game that's still in beta, even though it is on sale right now. :wink:

It seems a lot like Minecraft with Lego figures/etc. I think they might be ten years too late for that ship.

I wouldn't mind playing around with it, but I'm not paying for a game that's still in beta, even though it is on sale right now. :wink:

It seems a lot like Minecraft with Lego figures/etc. I think they might be ten years too late for that ship.

10 years ago though Lego was making pretty simple computer games. Nothing this detailed and complex. But I do agree with you if Lego worlds came out 10 years ago it would be a highly demanded game

Lego Worlds is definitely not "ten years too late". Heck, even Minecraft itself is only five years old, believe it or not. Meanwhile, ten years ago Lego video games looked like _1158638335.jpg"]this. So the idea that Lego was even close to being able to create a similarly creative procedurally generated open world game like this way back then is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Lyichir

Lego Worlds is definitely not "ten years too late". Heck, even Minecraft itself is only five years old, believe it or not. Meanwhile, ten years ago Lego video games looked like this. So the idea that Lego was even close to being able to create a similarly creative procedurally generated open world game like this way back then is a bit of a stretch.

I guess they were just trying to estimate when Minecraft came out. I doubt they thought it was actually released in 2006, as you said. Games would start to look good at least 2 years later though.

However, the pre-Minecraft was released in 2009, if that helps.

So this is the full game? That's actually really disappointing. The way the game is now, it feels cluttered and unorganized. There's a lack of content, besides co-op. I really thought we'd get something like a survival mode too. The game is pretty much the same as when I first saw gameplay of it (besides graphical improvements and a few organization tweaks). The way I see it, this game is far from completion.

Edited by gamejutzu