Sign in to follow this  
durazno33

[MOC] Alone in Nature's Beauty

This is the finished project for my recent experiments with working with natural landscapes. I wanted a little bit of a castle feel (as that is my preferred theme) but the focus was definitely to depict a beautiful forest and stream. More pictures can be found here.

26751804734_c377262f94_z.jpg

The large tree alone is incredible with all of it's roots and jagged branches, but this entire MOC is so inviting and immersive that I can practically hear the river running. Excellent work!

Beautiful work right there durazno33! The tree is outstanding already! I love how you used the crystal kings massive spikes as the roof to the structure! And I don't know how you made those rocks but they look great! Good job! Keep it up

Awesome tree, but the surroundings are very Nice as well

The large tree alone is incredible with all of it's roots and jagged branches, but this entire MOC is so inviting and immersive that I can practically hear the river running. Excellent work!

The river took a ton of my 1 round pieces that I had in those colors. Glad to know the effect came off so well.

Beautiful work right there durazno33! The tree is outstanding already! I love how you used the crystal kings massive spikes as the roof to the structure! And I don't know how you made those rocks but they look great! Good job! Keep it up

The spikes is part of what inspired me to make the well. I originally was going to use them for a micro mountain but this came instead. I might still try it though.

Nice!

Love the roots of the tree!!!

Thanks. The roots where a particularly interesting part to make. I had to dig up all of my brown angle technic pieces and I even had to scavenge from one of my other trees.

Magnificent tree! The well, and foliage are also excellent. Great build :thumbup:

The red flowered foliage was a cool trick that I learned from a member of the local AFOL group. They used grass pieces and the unbroken flower pieces to build the bush. Worked great here.

Awesome tree, but the surroundings are very Nice as well

The tree was a result of me trying to see how tight I could curve Lego bricks in a castle tower. I decided to try the brown pieces since they don't have sharp corners. After I started, I found it worked great for a tree so this tree was the result of it.

Is that a hallucinogenic frog she's about to kiss?

Well, it isn't one of your basic green frogs now is it... :wink:

Beautiful build! :wub: All the trees are excellent, and I really like the parts usage for the roof of the well :thumbup:

Big thumbs-up on the whole scene! :thumbup: :thumbup: The tree is the best part of it, in my opinion, especially the roots totally finish it. NPU on the rock spikes! The rest of the forest floor is pretty nice as well and it is also interesting how you kind of break the fourth wall with that stream.