Dukesc

[OL - FB] The Expedition

Ocean: The final frontier

These are the voyages of the HMS Expedition

Her continuing mission

To explore strange new worlds

To seek out new life and new civilizations

To boldly go where no man has gone before

The Expedition is Sir Admiral Duke's latest edition and new flagship to his Fleet of Oleon warships. The captured, royal ship is a 42 gun, fifth rate, great frigate that will initially be underlicensed as a 5HA. I will post pictures of her underway as soon as I'm finished with the sails.

IMG_20160531_073028147.jpg

IMG_20160531_072421451.jpg

IMG_20160531_072406494.jpg

Edited by Dukesc

Nice ship. :thumbup:

I'm really happy that I got to work on some of the rigging. :pir-wub:

I look forward to her getting sails and showing up at Brickworld Chicago.

Now THIS is a great ship! Some seriously great ideas about shipbuilding just appeared as revelation upon me!!!! The stern, the way the masts are constructed, both the vertical and the horizontal ones, the small technic pieces used to tie the ropes together. All these i am looking forward to replicate albeit in a muuuuuuch smaller version! pirate_tong.gif

Wow ! That's a big one ! Sure it could be hard to "enterprise" ;p such vessel !

Congratulations !

i can't wait to see her with full sails !

Excellent frigate, Dukesc, great job with the rigging and shape on this one - especially on the stern! - and the color-scheme is very nice as well! pirate_satisfied.gif My only nitpick would be the bumble-bee striped rudder, which is a tad distracting - but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it with sails! pirate_wink.gif Great job!

Duke, this is yet another great ship from you! Love it default_wubnew.gif She looks heavy enough to be considered some sort of razee, a former two-decker, cut down to a heavy frigate, maybe.

Just not sure about your choice of navigators default_laugh2.gif

Anyway, I'm waiting to see her under full sails default_blush.gifthumbup.gif

She should be Captained by a Jean-Luc (Picard....) pirate_laugh2.gif

Beautiful frigate, Dukesc, I am really impressed. And even more so considering she is built within the confines of prefab hulls! The shape and curve you have given her hull just looks right, and the yellow and black colourscheme is great. I really like the railings, and those carronades are looking right mean in a close encounter. I wouldn't suggest carronades as chasers, though, with the short range and inaccurate fire, but rather place them to rake an enemy's decks during a close encounter.

The rigging is very well done too, and I am a big fan of the realistism, with masts in three parts, shrouds and stays, etc. And the quality of her rig really shows in her shadow on the wall. Very well done! I shall be looking forward to seeing her with sails! pirate_blush.gif

Of course, the military build-up in Oleon currently cannot fail to worry a peace-seeking Corlander, but at the same time, it is very impressive! Keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you for the comments! It has been a joy working on this ship. A big thank you to Phred for driving half way across the state to offer your expertise and help make it better! The caronades, a design by Phred from long ago, were an inspiration from the 'deck clearers' found on the front of the HMS Victory. They were not used for chasing down a vessel, but used to clear the enemies deck before boarding. This is why they can face down the ship's side.The long cannons right below them were used to shoot forward at longer range.

I have plans to make minor adjustments to Jean-Luc Picard's ship with a bumble bee rudder!lol

26345740355_b120b719d3.jpg

This is a gorgeous ship and the rigging is very well done. I like the railing on the deck and the caronades are well done. I do have issue with the hole in the prefab bow. I still wonder why they designed it that way and on builds like this I like to see them covered or filled in some way. That is the only thing I can find issue with on this large vessel.