42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Rating  

362 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

16 hours ago, J_C said:

Yup, read the news today, immediately wondered if doing the engine/gearbox swap would be feasible on the GT3RS

Has anyone modded their GT3RS to look like an RSR?

Just finished building this great set. Strangely, I'm missing an orange 64683 (panel fairing #3), yet have an extra orange 87080 (fairing #1).

I checked and checked again and this is the case.

Very disappointed with this, especially considering the price and "prestige" of this set....

I realize that Lego will swiftly send me another, but this is quite the let down given that I have been waiting months to have sufficient time to build this set.

Update: I attempted to order the part but it's out of stock. Looks like other people may be experiencing the same issue!

Update 2: Lego customer service got back to me within a few minutes. The part is on its way and they have deposited 200 VIP points into my account for my troubles.

Edited by eliminator

Your review is wonderful to look at Jim, I'm glad already spent my "LEGO" money, otherwise I might've bought this. :grin:

I, the English Nazi shall strike again.

This:

Two of half pins are limiting the turning radius of the Porsche.

Should be this:

Two half pins are limiting the turning radius of the Porsche.

The "of" in " Two of half pins" is not needed.

A late Merry Christmas, and an early happy new years! :classic:

Loved Building it but after 8 Technics, disapointed that i cant see the gearbox and engine. And disapointed that I cant Motorized It. But Brill Model.

Sorry for bumping, but this might be interesting for some of the proud owners of 42056, and I don't remember seeing this on Eurobricks yet.

What a nice geekness, now nobody can blame LEGO for not making the perfect copy of the real thing :grin: - check the GALERY for 7 downloadable high-res pictures on this link:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/porsche-911-gt3-rs-lego-technic-model-12577.html

2f66e59c-2aaa-4389-89c8-509da4c9bc41_tea

f53b11cc-8286-4a6a-8553-b6fabd2cf0d2_tea

On 2.6.2016 at 7:09 AM, Blakbird said:

[...]

Hello,

can you update your post with new images please? I want to use your instructions but without pictures its not so easy..

Thanks!

42056_step_857_final_2018.gif

The original isn't that bad. And we all have to remember it is LEGO there is always room for improvements!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

reading this review makes me excited to read one hopefully soon for the new lego technic bugatti :)

Amazon.de is having this thing for 200 EUR. That's a 33% cut! I didn't expect to see such a steep discount on amazon.de, but here it is. It makes me wonder how much retailers actually have to pay for this set.

Any guesses on how long this will be around? It was out of stock for a bit and now it's back. Debating on if I should buy now or wait for double Vip.