42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Rating  

362 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Thanks for the review mate. :wink: In my wishlist for sure. :wub: :wub:

Edited by Gunman

Okay found a way...door hinges. Click for hi-res.

27401605775_1a67472a7f_c.jpg

Great review, I enjoyed it. The release of this set has taught me that I'm not a fan of big car sets. But I do look forward to seeing the mocs that will appear of this set and I look forward to the Volvo release (and the remaining sets).

H

Any chance to check out what the code is for by anyone that has one? I'm also on the list of people who really want to know what's hidden behind that door...

Any chance to check out what the code is for by anyone that has one? I'm also on the list of people who really want to know what's hidden behind that door...

If you can find the door :wink:

Fantastic review Jim - I really like the banners! You sure know how to take it to the next level. Unfortunately, the set is a dissapointment. 300€ "saved" or better said, redistributed already.

Sorry, missed that.

Okay, let's find out.

K8G6H7MJ

Invalid code, please try again. The code should have 8 digits (xxxxxxxx). Please note that your code can only be used twice.

I reckon someone used my code....twice :hmpf_bad:

At first I blurred it, but I thought that there wouldn't be a limit.

There are some wallpapers, posters ans a lame Owner certificate.

Okay, thanks. Luckily I didn't miss a lot.

Well, that's lame. I thought it would be something cool. Also, I believe that somebody was saying something about the code unlocking instructions for motorization, but that turned out to be a crock.

K8G6H7MJ

Invalid code, please try again. The code should have 8 digits (xxxxxxxx). Please note that your code can only be used twice.

I reckon someone used my code....twice :hmpf_bad:

At first I blurred it, but I thought that there wouldn't be a limit.

Okay, thanks. Luckily I didn't miss a lot.

That's annoying that someone used your code when it clearly says on the site only 2 uses.

But as you say pity all it unlocks is a certificate to print and some wallpaper

Same with mine, Jim.

""Invalid code, please try again. The code should have 8 digits (xxxxxxxx). Please note that your code can only be used twice."

But I guess, this isn't a big deal. No power functions support for free. :laugh:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/technic/-/media/franchises/technic%202014/codebreaker/unique%20downloads/wallpapers/ultimate_poster_1920x1080_6.jpg

Really? I do apologise for this very premium content... :laugh:

TLG, are You serious? It looks like somebody on purpose started to bring down the quality of this ultimate package. Do You have some more level to disappoint? :sceptic:

You'd think the rules for the code as well as the site would be part of the information that is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. I think that makes it even more disappointing.

That IS lame. Both the content, and that they used your code on you. :sceptic::thumbdown:

Yup. Ahh well, it's not that I didn't expect my code not to be used. And I didn't expect it to be very special.

Has anybody seen the instructions yet?

(as a download I mean..)

Edited by JunkstyleGio

This is the most excellent LEGO Technic set that have ever released!

Now,, why would you say that? There's been lots of appraisal and boatloads of critque. But I haven't seen any one (that I care to listen to) saying this is the "most exellent Technic set ever"

How much do you pay for the sets you review here, if I may be so blunt? (Yes, I'm serious)

Also, since you're not a Technic guy myabe try to check out some of the sets from the last +30 years :wink:

Cheers,

Ole

^ Heh, I was wondering the same thing while reading WhiteFangs comment. Though I thought I wouldn't be ruining his enthusiasm and I also lacked courage for questioning a moderator guy :)

That's the whole stuff, you can find there:

27330933441_339816c961_t.jpg.27368443186_15566c88a6_t.jpg.26794145584_983c37d1fd_t.jpg

:sceptic:

Is that all? No B modell? Or the instruction manual in pdf?

TLG just made a statement regarding the gearbox ... which is bonkers, really :sick:

"TLG did it right, but you can do it right too by switching gears ('open source' and all), but it's still very authentic, ultimate and Porsche is pleased" ... sigh

Why do they care so much about how it runs on the floor? This s a +16 product and a shelf queen, it's not a runner??

(Found it on Brickset btw)

"Official statement - 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche

Thank you to all our dedicated fans for the comments regarding the GT3 RS by LEGO Technic.

It is correct that the gears in this model are not sequential as in the real Porsche PDK. This is however, a deliberate decision taken to ensure that we make the best possible LEGO version of this amazing car that both meets our design requirements and gives everyone a great building and product experience.

It was a considered decision taken during development that the gears running in the correct order meant that it did not result in a great experience when driving the car. Too many gears are engaged at the same time and smooth running with all those tolerances is just not possible.

If you switch the build in steps 267 and 269 the gears will run sequentially, and everyone who feels that this is the better solution should feel encouraged to do so.

LEGO Technic really is the ultimate open source design product and now that it is finally available, we look forward to seeing all the 'improved' models our fans create. After all, that is what LEGO building is all about.

We hope everyone will have a great building experience and feel a strong sense of pride from creating both our version and their very own LEGO Technic representation of a Porsche GT3 RS. We are very fortunate to have such skilled and dedicated fans that can spot this small deviation from reality and would like to thank everyone for sharing their ideas and expert knowledge."

Edited by 1974