VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

But will we even see this magazine? IIRC, all the Lego 'zines (Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Star Wars) are only in select continental European countries. Poland, Czech Republic, Germany.

The others are also available in Great Britain, so it would not surprise me if this one were as well. It probably won't make it to the U.S., though.

Not to distract from the fun Magazine news (I want it!) but my previous hinting was that I'll be going to Billund to interview the BIONICLE team! I'll definitely try to ask some questions about the overall state of the line there, but not sure how much I'd necessarily be able to share. Regardless, it's an exciting prospect, and I want to find out as much as I can.

Not to distract from the fun Magazine news (I want it!) but my previous hinting was that I'll be going to Billund to interview the BIONICLE team! I'll definitely try to ask some questions about the overall state of the line there, but not sure how much I'd necessarily be able to share. Regardless, it's an exciting prospect, and I want to find out as much as I can.

Good for you! I got to go to Billund twice last year and had a fantastic time. :) Hope you do as well, and can bring us back some interesting info!

Congrats! I'll be anxiously waiting for the interview. There's so much we still don't know about the design process, inspirations (aside from the original Bionicle of course :P), or direction. I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

Are you taking questions? I'd be interested to learn more about the shift from the webisodes to the Netflix series, and what drove the decision to switch from Dum!Dum! over to Volta (if that even was a decision-type thing. Could be they never planned to keep media teams between projects/years. Though if that is the case, It'd be cool to know the reasoning behind that approach).

Edited by Tazakk

And I thought he was going to announce the release of a Bionicle magazine... :laugh: Speaking of that, the publisher in France, Panini comics, says on its website that the first issue will be released on the 23rd June (I wish it was earlier, like in Germany), and that it will cost 5,90€ (about 6,6 USD and 4,5£, apparently).

Are you taking questions?

The publication on BS01's Facebook page says so, so I guess he does take questions here too. :wink: That may require a new topic, either here or in the Embassy. But I'll leave it to Dorek. :sweet:

Anyway, congratulations, Dorek. I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

Are you taking questions? I'd be interested to learn more about the shift from the webisodes to the Netflix series, and what drove the decision to switch from Dum!Dum! over to Volta (if that even was a decision-type thing. Could be they never planned to keep media teams between projects/years. Though if that is the case, It'd be cool to know the reasoning behind that approach).

I'll definitely take some questions! My interview is with the BIONICLE "team" so I don't exactly what gets represented (marketing or whatever), so some questions might not be able to get asked, but I'll definitely want to find out as much as possible.

And I thought he was going to announce the release of a Bionicle magazine... :laugh: Speaking of that, the publisher in France, Panini comics, says on its website that the first issue will be released on the 23rd June (I wish it was earlier, like in Germany), and that it will cost 5,90€ (about 6,6 USD and 4,5£, apparently).

The publication on BS01's Facebook page says so, so I guess he does take questions here too. :wink: That may require a new topic, either here or in the Embassy. But I'll leave it to Dorek. :sweet:

Anyway, congratulations, Dorek. I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

>literally didn't know that forum existed

I don't mind looking here for some questions =P. Good find on the magazine, too, a shame it's a bit later for France. Where does one buy comics in France, bookstores, specialty stores? I'll be going for a few weeks in the summer.

I don't know if there allowed to talk about the new summer wave sets but maybe you could ask a few things about the design process of the Beasts and Umarak the Destroyer.

I don't know if there allowed to talk about the new summer wave sets but maybe you could ask a few things about the design process of the Beasts and Umarak the Destroyer.

The beasts are due for a June release so at the very least he'd be able to ask about those. Umarak is a July release but even so I doubt he'd be off-limits considering we've long known about him from Toy Fair.

I myself have learnt the build trough and trough but what is your opinion of the crystal punching function? To me it looks like it has more parts than needed to perform it and even then it looks pretty meh. But how's the real thing?

Are you talking about crystals near the head or about crystals on tha hand?

Edited by dimaks13

Are you talking about crystals near the head or about crystals on tha hand?

Pity, but not.

The whole thing you activate with the crank on the gearbox.

I myself have learnt the build trough and trough but what is your opinion of the crystal punching function? To me it looks like it has more parts than needed to perform it and even then it looks pretty meh. But how's the real thing?

For me, two things which could be removed are spinning crystals on the hand and a crystal shell on the shoulder.

These sets have to stop looking appealing. I have too much other stuff I want to get.

These sets have to stop looking appealing.

But isn't that exactly what they do?

Photos of Quake Beast!

0_184627_50b5b72_XL.jpg

0_184628_7ed51336_XL.jpg

0_184629_243cf64_XL.jpg

0_18462c_e615ff00_XL.jpg

0_18462f_a0d40a77_XL.jpg

0_184632_cef2ac1e_XL.jpg

0_184637_4f72f9c5_XL.jpg

0_184638_552b4b60_XL.jpg

0_18463b_9e088a51_XL.jpg

0_18463e_6f403c5d_XL.jpg

0_18463f_91d18eff_XL.jpg

0_184640_bb065e77_XL.jpg

0_184643_30625645_XL.jpg

0_184641_95375f8f_XL.jpg

0_184642_cf6961d9_XL.jpg

0_184644_dbd4de0a_XL.jpg

0_184647_23556940_XL.jpg

0_184649_fc5e354c_XL.jpg

0_18464c_7737076f_XL.jpg

0_18464e_eacf73e1_XL.jpg

0_184652_a06544fe_XL.jpg

0_184656_4acb5d6a_XL.jpg

0_184657_5cf2abea_XL.jpg

0_18465a_cd4e1119_XL.jpg

0_18465b_8a9b9995_XL.jpg

This photo is somehow yellowish a bit

0_18465d_245b67b9_XL.jpg

0_184660_aa9d6891_XL.jpg

0_184662_652d7323_XL.jpg

0_184665_c6ead71_XL.jpg

0_184666_738e3b68_XL.jpg

0_184669_2fc56e68_XL.jpg

0_18466d_b521216e_XL.jpg

0_1845f7_70240fd_XL.jpg

Edited by dimaks13

How's the arm function work? Do you like it? Also, that crystal arm really needs to be a bit bulkier. :sceptic:

There is no enough friction, i think. I would like it more if he had teo right arms for both sides of gearbox.

Glad to see how the arm is actually constructed. I've been working on trying to make a better more compact way for his punching gimmick and might have finally got one down. Its the same function Dragon Bolt has just with the one arm moving.

Aw he looks cool. I think he might be the first one I buy...although...Storm Beast is also super enticing....so is Lava Beast....I like the beasts.

Well, thanks for the pics. But it looks like I won't be getting Quake Beast. Just too much stuff that I really don't care for... Namely his whole right arm. Needs a lot more bulk, and it just kinda kills the figure for me. And the face being the only solid purple piece feels out of place.

So hurray! More money saved.