VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

After the 2 fake leak info we got with the winter 2016 sets. I'm taking this information with a grain of salt. I won't believe it until we get pictures.

Yeah. 4Chan... when has 4Chan provided genuine leaks?

Yeah. 4Chan... when has 4Chan provided genuine leaks?

Information wise I'm pretty sure nothing so far.

Pictures are what tend to be released through there. In fact the 2016 Bio images were posted on 4chan. The most hilarious thing to me is that we are taking this stub of info more seriously than they are.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

Curious about Umarak TD's legs, more so than anything else. I always liked the 2011 Titan leg design, but if UTD is in the 29.99 range I guess I'd expect a little more to them. Plus I think others aren't too fond of FL/Rocka XL/Black Phantom's legs due to the lack of ankle articulation(which I created a workaround for in use with Stormer XL feet).

I also appreciate the size of Grievous but I definitely don't want UTD to be a clone of him, definitely want more bulk added, but those additions coupled with a size akin to Grievous would probably push the price up a bit from 29.99. Which I wouldn't mind but others might disagree.

Looks like Bzpower's Umarak review is up, how come nobody has showed Umarak with his melee weapon? ç.ç

Edited by MakutaOfWar

^ My main problem with the Fire Lord leg build is how awkward made the figure look. The legs started at regular width and then they suddenly doubled. And until Stormer XL came along, Titans didn't use any CCBS trick to widen the shoulders so the Fire Lord build had this awkward "super (relatively) narrow shoulders and awkward super wide legs) look that made no sense to me. Grievous's legs are a huge improvement over that design.

Only reason I believe that anon above the others is that they shared some Nexo Knights info and some oddly specific details (like the absence of Mixels sets). They also said they'd share pictures if I understood correctly.

Plus we've gotten Summer pics in December in the past, so a catalog might've really popped out somewhere

So... Umarak was in my local Sainsbury's.

Tried to buy him, but the staff confiscated the set before I could complete the purchase.

Seems like they have the sets, but won't sell them before 2016. At all.

uh

I'll buy at least seven.

A tribal cloth piece! I just love the Nuva Symbol maze pattern. This polybag is much more desirable compared to the others in my book. I suppose they bundled the MoCr to give kids the opportunity to collect both the MoCo and the MoCr.

This better not be a Russian exclusive like the last bag.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

But this cloth thing is just so odd. Why do you just kinda drape it over Tahu's arm? For what purpose?

capes are cool I don't expect a reason. It could be to protect him from nature's elements while he's exploring, it could be a map, it could be a fashion statement, it could be comfortable, it could prevent his shiny new gold armor from getting dirty, there's a lot of possibilities.

That aside it looks fantastic. I'm probably not going to use it on Tahu, but I definitely know Ekimu and a few MOCs could use this neat design. To me this is way more interesting than a recolored mask.

Well, colour me surprised. It's really cool to see the first instance of a cloth piece that is explicitly designed for BIONICLE after a looong while.

Yeah, Tahu, we know you get all the cool toys as the poster boy, but I'm going to hand that to another character, Ekimu sounds indeed like a good choice as Dr_Chronos suggested. I wonder how it'd look as a loincloth?

I'm not sure how I feel about it... the cape is cool, but I don't really need another MoCr. But I'll probably pick one or two up just because. Hopefully it comes stateside, so I don't have to import again!

I can't see the appeal when it's just slapped onto Tahu's arm, honestly. Sure, as a shawl or a loicloth it'd be cool, but instead it's just draped over the one arm for no particular reason other than novelty. It's odd, and honestly looks really gaudy.

What's up with the cape? Is it suppose to been some sort of decorative item that just slap on Tahu's (Or other Toa's) arm?

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I don't really like it. I might get it for completionist reasons, but overall I see no point in having another Mask of Creation, and more so I really don't like the cloth piece. The nuva-symbols aren't really subtle and are just all over the place. Not really my cup of tea, but I guess some people might like it.

-Iben

I understand that the MoCr being included is a let down, but I like the inclusion of a beautifully designed cloth piece more than a recolored mask.

Does it look good on Tahu? Not really. The thing is you don't have to use it only on Tahu. I'm sure it would look good on other Toa.

Just for curiosity, if you were in charge of making this polybag what would you do?

Only reason I believe that anon above the others is that they shared some Nexo Knights info and some oddly specific details (like the absence of Mixels sets).

"Absence of Mixels sets" makes this leak sound even sketchier to me, since it seems pretty clear at this point that Mixels is getting at least two (and probably three) new waves in 2016, same as it has for the past two years.

Just for curiosity, if you were in charge of making this polybag what would you do?

I wouldn't waste the budget on some doofy piece of cloth. I'd likely either have a recoloured mask along with the MoCr, or the MoCr with a Shadow Trap.

I would've probably included a Shadow Trap for Melum and an exclusive recoloured mask. But I think we're still going to get something similar later in the year (Umarak's mask? MoCo?), so I'm fine with what we got.

"Absence of Mixels sets" makes this leak sound even sketchier to me, since it seems pretty clear at this point that Mixels is getting at least two (and probably three) new waves in 2016, same as it has for the past two years.

Good point. Maybe they tried to add such a detail to sound more believable, but in the end it hilariously comes off as harder to believe instead. And I was falling for it too. Too bad because I liked how Ekimu's and Umarak's masks sounded. Edited by Shakar

I'd have included a silver or gunmetal shadow trap and maybe a gold and tr. apple green version of Umarak's mask. But I'm going to use the cloth as a toy/sleeping place for Terak. He's a pet, he needs something to chew on, and I suspect Onua'd prefer it not to be one of his huge toes.

I quite like this new polybag. Including the MoCr is a great way to get a beautiful mask in a newer set, and I am okay with the piece of cloth; depending on how he looks, I might save it for the new Ekimu to make him stand out from the Uniters. I would have liked recolored masks or a Trap for Melum, sure, but this is still a nice creative little addon.

Umm... does this not look incredibly fake to anyone else? It still uses the MoCr banner instead of the MoCo, the atual MoCr on the front looks like a photo of the physical piece, and the bag uses a weird cgi render of Tahu with the cloth cut and pasted over the top....

Umm... does this not look incredibly fake to anyone else? It still uses the MoCr banner instead of the MoCo, the atual MoCr on the front looks like a photo of the physical piece, and the bag uses a weird cgi render of Tahu with the cloth cut and pasted over the top....

I thought it was a fake more due to the Mask of Creation in the banner looking almost exactly like the photo-esque version in the main image, but I have my reservations about it being fake too. Why go through all the trouble to make the cloth piece look so convincing? That's a lot of detail worked into the piece just for a fake. Overall though I'll wait to get a bit more info before I get too excited.