VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I was referring to this, unless he was just speculating, though he specified it was him getting further confirmation;

I don't mean to speak for Twistlaw, but I think it's pretty obvious he was speaking in reference to this "leaked" information and not his own independent sources.

As in, what he heard from the toyshop owner was "validated" by this leak because Umarak is the color black. At least he has some green, though, to make it a little more interesting (again, referring to the leak).

EDIT: already covered lol

Edited by Mesonak

The "source" was shared with me privately;

THAT'S the site! I had been looking for this site for 2016 stuff, I forgot the name though. Thanks!

I don't mean to speak for Twistlaw, but I think it's pretty obvious he was speaking in reference to this "leaked" information and not his own independent sources.

Yeah, i get it, was just the phrasing. Though the first line was him providing new info from his source then him going on to talk about his thoughts on the leaks. The further confirmation threw me off. :P

Edited by Scarilian

Yeah, i get it, was just the phrasing. Though the first line was him providing new info from his source then him going on to talk about his thoughts on the leaks. The further confirmation threw me off. :P

Lol no problem, all those leaks in the air got us pretty excited.

Also, check'em, it's your 777th post :oh:

Lol no problem, all those leaks in the air got us pretty excited.

Also, check'em, it's your 777th post :oh:

Yeah, at this stage though any of the leaks could be real. This one has a strong source via the leak site and it matched your comments so thought it may have some validity. Its the reason i share them when i can because i dont want a leak to slip away and turn out to be real later and for everyone to go 'why didnt you share that' or something :P Though as i always say, take it with a grain of salt :P

Also, cool :oh: Thanks for letting me know, didnt realise, been a long time posting. Yay :3 :cry_happy:

Edited by Scarilian

• Ketar: Skull-scorpion esque, new boxy armor piece, new mask w/ pincers
  • Ikir: Flame serpent w/ wrapping function, purple eyestalk
  • Terak: Spiderlike, purple and black, gatling gun w/ white studs under mouth, wench for abdomen to hang on things with a white string
  • Pohatu: 2 new axey-blade-dagger weapons, melded mask w/ secondary transparent color Bit bigger,
  • Gali: 2 javelins, double gear function, boxy armor piece, new torso piece
  • Tahu: New fire blades that are gold, better leg armor
  • Onua: Similar to older version, linking weapons like 2004 Whenua, transparent purple armor
  • Umarak the Hunter: Dark green transparent and black color scheme, houndlike pet on chain, weapon that steals masks
  • also, as predicted, the toa masks still have the same 2015 mold
  • Umarak has a double function weapon, it can transform. and he is like a smaller, extremely armored skull grinder.
  • The toa masks are still the same mold, only recolors.
  • Onua has a weapon, that can combine to a drill kinda like whenua
  • Tahu kept his lower leg armor this time with armor addons though and he has new swords in gold and a bow as secondary weapon
  • Ketar is a scorpion, he has a new mask with pincers
  • Ikir is like a flame serpent with a "wrapping function" and has a PURPLE EYESTALK!
  • Terak is like a spider (purple and black) with a stud gun where the mouth should be and has a white string to hang down from stuff like real spiders
  • Pohatu has "axy-blade-dagger" weapons melded mask
  • Gali has 2 javelins, double gear function, new torso piece (!!!!) boxy armor piece (also on some of the creatures)
  • Onua is similar to the old version, but with the drill i talked about and PURPLE ARMOR
  • Umarak: trans-darkgreen and black color-scheme, "houndlike" pet on chain, weapon for mask stealing

lewa, uxar, akida and kopaka+melum were listed but had no pictures.

Real or Fake we got something new to talk about,

Wonder what they mean by double function?

Onua's current weapon can combine, so i guess it will look more like a drill.

Pohatu's 2 new axey-blade-dagger things sounds like Lewa's axes

Gali, Tahu, and the creatures sound great!

Wonder what they mean by double function?

Onua's current weapon can combine, so i guess it will look more like a drill.

A function that works with both arms, presumably. I really hope that Onua's drill will look more like an actual drill than Whenua's. Edited by DraikNova

I don't.

Show'em, DeeVee.

EDIT: better video for tehlulz.

Edited by TwistLaw

I don't.

That's very contributing to this topic. Thank you.

Anyways what if the creatures have all new mask molds and the Toa need to get them for themselves? Kind of crappy way at getting sales, buy hey, that's business.

An interesting proposal indeed. Some of these seem decently plausible, but I'll be skeptical until we get pictures.

Maybe I'll see what I can find on a few leak-heavy sites; but we can never be sure if these are real or not.

I kinda hope they're not real, because no new masks for the Toa sounds really weak.

I'm actually ok with us not getting new mask molds (assuming the leak is real of course). Gives TLG money to make other new parts. And it's a guarantee that we won't get ugly mask molds... :grin:

Clutching my halitite, here's some of my thoughts:

• I am pretty darn happy that they kept the same mask molds for the Toa, as they look great. I am wondering what recolors they will be; their main color and their transparent color melded together ala the Protector masks would be my best guess, which would work well considering that they are made by Ekimu.
  • All of the weapons seem either extremely fitting (Onua, Gali) or 'Huh, I never thought of the possibility but it works' (Pohatu, Tahu) so we can certainly give the designers tips for creative weapons that are not more of the same.
  • The Toa also sound like they are pretty much the same build but with some new changes; while that isn't a bad thing, it does mean that my purchases will probably be more staggered and I won't be rushing out to get all the Toa like I was this year. Probably start out with the Creatures and Umarak and get another Toa each month.
  • The Creatures themselves all sound like they will have very interesting builds based around function. After LOSS and Skull Scorpio, I have confidence that they will come out pretty good. Rahi-esque sets, here we come!
  • Umarak sounds like a really good villain set, especially glad they are doing trans-dark-green over trans-neon-orange or anything. I am just afraid that the hound will leech a lot of parts budget off of him.

Edit: I went back through the list and sorted out all the info, finding a couple new things. Apparently if these are true I predicted Trans-Purple armor for Onua. Not too sure how well that will turn out for Ikir's brainstalk though, unless his mask lets in a lot of light.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

No new masks? That's unusual. Is it possible that the current ones are just placeholders in the prelims for new masks? Here's hoping.

I love the idea of a black and green character :wub_drool: and these sound great aside from the possibility of ANOTHER spider and scorpion, I mean seriously!?! :wall: Surely LEGO wouldn't do something that stupid. :hmpf_bad:

I'll take these with a grain of salt until we get more credible sources/pics.

Edited by ToaDraco

Provided the rumors are true, I don't have very high hopes for the new Toa. Unless they've done something drastic with the functions, this will be like getting a near-identical set of Inika in 2007 instead of the Mahri. As for the creatures and Umarak, they sound awesome. Umarak had better be able to compare to Maxilos and Spinax if he's got a dog with him, MMvsSG was pitiful in comparison, especially seeing as they were the same price.

Still, taking the rumors with a grain of salt. Bought a bunch of MISB sets from 08-09, so the wait won't be nearly as painful for me :tongue:

Exactly, the toyshop owner told me just about "one big black guy beyond those in the traditional colours", a guy that most probably is Umarak.

"One big guy" sounds something that the price won't allow if he has a pet.

Edit: I went back through the list and sorted out all the info, finding a couple new things. Apparently if these are true I predicted Trans-Purple armor for Onua. Not too sure how well that will turn out for Ikir's brainstalk though, unless his mask lets in a lot of light.

Hmm... having a second thought on that purple eystalk what if it's actually pink? We have already seen that they don't catch that much of light because the masks cover them more and that trans-purple is almost indistinguishable from black in bad lighting.

No new masks? That's unusual. Is it possible that the current ones are just placeholders in the prelims for new masks? Here's hoping.

Or they are new molds but just slightly modified like Brain Attack did. I tried searching for 2013's leaks to have some backup for this theory but didn't find any. Anyone have them?

Provided the rumors are true, I don't have very high hopes for the new Toa. Unless they've done something drastic with the functions, this will be like getting a near-identical set of Inika in 2007 instead of the Mahri. As for the creatures and Umarak, they sound awesome. Umarak had better be able to compare to Maxilos and Spinax if he's got a dog with him, MMvsSG was pitiful in comparison, especially seeing as they were the same price.

Still, taking the rumors with a grain of salt. Bought a bunch of MISB sets from 08-09, so the wait won't be nearly as painful for me :tongue:

Not sure what country you're in but keep inflation in mind when comparing MMvsSG and Maxilos and Spinax. 30 $/€ then 8 years ago won't get you the same amount now. A set like Maxilos probably would be near 34.99-39.99 nowadays. I could be wrong though. And Umarak is 19.99 I believe so don't expect too much sadly.

The "source" was shared with me privately; it's ExoForce.ru, the same site that first reported on the BIONICLE 2015 names last year in an article format.

I don't know too much about the site, but it seems to be an unofficial Russian LEGO Shop.com, which makes it all the less plausible that only one person noticed it. You'd think the Russian fans would be all over this, if it were real.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Lol I really hope those rumors won't turn out to be true. No new masks for the Toa? That's disappointing...

Edited by Voxovan

Not sure what country you're in but keep inflation in mind when comparing MMvsSG and Maxilos and Spinax. 30 $/€ then 8 years ago won't get you the same amount now. A set like Maxilos probably would be near 34.99-39.99 nowadays. I could be wrong though. And Umarak is 19.99 I believe so don't expect too much sadly.

Sure. According to this website if we account for inflation Maxilos and Spinax has raised a meager $4.53 cents. So, if you want, cut out Spinax and then compare Maxilos by himself to Grinder and Ekimu. That's being pretty generous too, seeing as Spinax is worth a canister set. I forgot that Umarak is going to be only $20 though, so my hopes for him are much smaller now.