VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

So I have the full wave in hand.

Reviews obviously coming, but two things-

-I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not but Terak and Melum have completely different functions

-Umarak is my favorite G2 figure. Hands down. And yeah, he's big.

-I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not but Terak and Melum have completely different functions

I got my box shortly before I had to go to work, so I've been dying.

Did they collapse Kopaka's box and have the bags loose in yours too? =P

Did they collapse Kopaka's box and have the bags loose in yours too? =P

Yeah haha that was a first, almost didn't even notice the sticker sheet scattered among everything

Oh yeah, Umarak has a shadow trap that you can make using his shoulder pieces, he includes the extra eye and hinge (you use his toes for legs)

Yay!

I can't wait for your reviews to come. If so, it is a great day!

Good luck with you both! :-)

Edited by Chimaninja454

For some reason I find it amusing that the best set of the wave has the least new pieces, lacking the torso shell, the crystal add-on and that energy sword thingy. I guess the two-tone torso makes all the difference. I like the printing on the uniters but holy moly that piston detailing is beyond excessive.

Yeah haha that was a first, almost didn't even notice the sticker sheet scattered among everything

Oh yeah, Umarak has a shadow trap that you can make using his shoulder pieces, he includes the extra eye and hinge (you use his toes for legs)

Yeah that was a close one! A bit of a shame, since opening the box is half the fun, but hey, can't argue with free review copies.

Another fun thing about Umarak, the Mask of Control on the comic looks a lot like the prototype version we saw on the box itself a while back, sort of half in between the animation version and the finalized set.

Yay!

I can't wait for your reviews to come. If so, it is a great day!

Good luck with you both! :-)

Definitely will be getting some out soon! I work weird hours so they'll be individuals, but I'm definitely excited to see 2016 kick into gear for everybody.

Aw yeah!!! This is great news!! i love your reviews!!

That's sweet. Though I imagine his shoulders will end up being a little empty if you make the Shadow Trap. At least there's now one for Melum, I guess.

Can't wait for the reviews!

I was already really liking Umarak and his super awesome mask but wow! The cgi renders do not do him justice, so cool. The color scheme looks far more coherent in person than in the renders so that's good and I absolutely love black and trans apple green. He will be a great parts pack for my self moc, almost makes me want to get 2 of him. Let's just hope he isn't a lame throwaway villain. It would be a shame if he was killed off at the en of the year, though at least he's important enough to get 2 forms.

I feel like LEGO were testing the waters with Skull Grinder and LoSS. Maybe now Umarak will have a bigger role, just hoping he doesn't die at the end, maybe just escapes, would like to see him in more media after this year.

Kopaka & Melum has stickers?

Neat extra feature I guess, though he's going to look really odd without the trap halves since they really complete his look.

Can Umarak wear the Mask of Control or do you need to remove his antlers first?

I was already really liking Umarak and his super awesome mask but wow! The cgi renders do not do him justice, so cool. The color scheme looks far more coherent in person than in the renders so that's good and I absolutely love black and trans apple green. He will be a great parts pack for my self moc, almost makes me want to get 2 of him. Let's just hope he isn't a lame throwaway villain. It would be a shame if he was killed off at the en of the year, though at least he's important enough to get 2 forms.

Yeah, Umarak is awesome and pretty unique in terms of looks. My fear that his Destroyer form might make him into a more generic "edgy" villain (red and black, horns, staff, stuff like that). I'd accept that only if they intended that to be Makuta's new pyshical vessel.

Kopaka & Melum has stickers?

Neat extra feature I guess, though he's going to look really odd without the trap halves since they really complete his look.

Can Umarak wear the Mask of Control or do you need to remove his antlers first?

On the technic panels on Kopaka's stud-shooter weapon there are stickers.

And the thing with the trap halves is that you sort of need to remove those in order to get some of the creatures to unite on his back. So, while they make him more empty, the idea is to fill in the gaps with a creature.

Yes he can wear it with the antlers on.

On the technic panels on Kopaka's stud-shooter weapon there are stickers.

And the thing with the trap halves is that you sort of need to remove those in order to get some of the creatures to unite on his back. So, while they make him more empty, the idea is to fill in the gaps with a creature.

Yes he can wear it with the antlers on.

Any idea when a review will be up? I don't mean to pressure you but i'm just very excited to see them. :)

So Kopaka's mini shield has a design on it? That's really cool, nice reference to his knight theme, though the shield itself is really small.

Looks like VBBN is starting to take review pictures judging buy the new Avatar pic. :)

Yeah, Ukarak is going to be my first purchase this wave. I'm going to try and get him and Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder around the same time, so I can lay claim to two of the Legendary masks of G2 all at once!

I have put Umarak's review up, wanted to bust out something today so I got him out as soon as I could. The rest of the reviews will be coming throughout the week, I want to aim for 1-2 reviews a day (I'll be prioritizing them as pairs, so if I did Ketar I would make sure to do Pohatu before anyone else.)

Also a reminder that I'll be joining BZP's livestream tonight. so you can get a preview of what's to come in both my reviews as well as theirs and ask questions and all that wonderful stuff.

Oh, and I'll mention this in my review of Melum & Kopaka, but I really don't feel they are a set worth $30. Kopaka, while slightly more involved than the 15$ toa, just doesn't feel like he is on the same level as Tahu and Onua, and Melum is very similar to Terak, albeit a different function, yet he doesn't have a Shadow Trap which doesn't make him feel worth 10$ (or at least the same as Terak.)

Like I said in the Umarak review: the first three sets I will get are Lewa, Umarak, and Uxar. Hopefully I can get Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder(and then Umarak later) to have both of the Masks of the Brothers.

Can you imagine what the Mask of Ultimate Power will look like?

Edited by Volthoom

Thank for the review, VBBN! Umarak does look like he'd be a fun set to have. Great weapons, colours, build looks fun. I do like the Mask of Control too. Not sure if anyone has seen, but Lewa was reviewed by bioniclesector01 as well.....and I am going to pass on him. He has a great mask, a cool build and design....but the silver is off-putting, at least for me. It makes me a little afraid of the silver on Kopaka......

I can just imagine the Mask of Ultimate Power having a black core, with the edges being a very dark, nearly opaque tr. smoke layer (like the difference between Laval's sword and normal tr. blue parts), to give the impression of a shadowy field surrounding it.

The rest of the reviews will be coming throughout the week, I want to aim for 1-2 reviews a day

I envy your output ability =P. I got Lewa's review out today, but this holiday season is so busy! I should do a bunch at once, but I don't have too many days off.

Not sure if anyone has seen, but Lewa was reviewed by bioniclesector01 as well.....and I am going to pass on him. He has a great mask, a cool build and design....but the silver is off-putting, at least for me. It makes me a little afraid of the silver on Kopaka......

Yeah, that was one of my cons. It's a good combination by itself, but unbalanced here. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on Kopaka ;)

Yeah, Lewa has too much silver there. And the Bohrok eyes on his body make him look a bit too bulky for my tastes.

I can't see how the silver on Kopaka would be a problem, since he only has it on his shoulders and lower legs (and mask of course). I think a lot of people are being too harsh on him, he's pretty balanced aside from the crystal add-ons. His colour scheme does make more sense than 2015 Kopaka, who can't decide if his scheme is gold on white or white on gold (I still like him a lot, mind you). He's the set I'm anticpating to see the most in fact.

I didn't know biosector01 had reviews! :s My thoughts actually improved a little on Lewa, his scarce green still looks vibrant, and I love his mask. Some Tetsuo Shima looking hair going on there.