VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

could there be a chance we could get a Bionicle G3 in 2020 or so after lego gets all settled?

hopefully giving the love and care it deserved as being Lego's very first IP.

Please don't tempt me with false hope! :grin:

I finally got around to completing my Bionicle G2 collection today, since I managed to pick up Ikir and Terak at Toys R Us and Barnes & Noble, respectively. Built Terak when I got home, and I'm still super-impressed with him—he's everything Melum could've been if he hadn't been hit quite so hard with the budget stick. I'll probably save Ikir for a little while longer, though, since he's the last new Bionicle set I'll be able to enjoy, at least until the theme makes another return some day. :cry_sad:

Ikir was my last G2 purchase too. He's currently poised on a stand atop my wardrobe, as if he's swooping down towards my JtO Makuta cross the room. He's a fantastic figure.

Quake Beast was my last set but it was free with the purchase of Finn and Poe, so my last actual purchased set was Umarak the Destroyer. Definitely a big highlight for me, even if he wasn't as good as Umarak the Hunter.

I'm still thinking about picking up a few of the sets from 2016. So far I only got Umarak the Hunter, Kopaka (and his buddy, forgot his name) and Lava Beast.

Might want to hurry, TRU is the only place that really has them, and most of the cool ones are gone.

If memory serves me right, my LEGO store still has them on the shelves.

Besides, I think Bonkles don't move as fast here in Germany as they do in the US.

The summer wave arrived in Italy on monday... and it's already gone.

Jesus christ, gotta buy them from the LEGO shop.

8 hours ago, Hamoomoo said:

Hey everyone

Nice to meet you all. Just going to let you all know im not a spammer. :) Im just here to share around my YOUTUBE VIDEO. Its a how to build Ekimu's Falke "Agil" (Hawk of light) Elemental creature of light.

It would be awesome for BIG BIONICLE fans to please check it out let me know what you guys think and do like and subscribe if you did enjoy it!!! :) I also have a Moc Ekimu combined set if you guys also want to watch.

Thank you very much for reading my post and stay tuned for more videos if you are watching :) 

KInd regards

I think it would be more favorable both for you and members here, if you make new topic post about this, rather than copy and paste exact same comment on a couple of different topic :)

Edited by Pandora
Link removed, again

So, question about the combi-models, specifically the list of sets needed for Shadow Titan Makuta: can I build Mask Maker Makuta from the leftover parts of that combi-model, or are there not enough pieces? What about the Shadow Spawn?

On 17/9/2016 at 4:02 AM, TwistLaw said:

The summer wave arrived in Italy on monday... and it's already gone.

Jesus christ, gotta buy them from the LEGO shop.

I saw the 4 15 Euro sets on a few shops, but I've yet to see Umarak anywhere. He's not even on Amazon, unlike the other 4. Was he imported at all here?

3 hours ago, Shakar said:

I saw the 4 15 Euro sets on a few shops, but I've yet to see Umarak anywhere. He's not even on Amazon, unlike the other 4. Was he imported at all here?

He doesn't appear at all in the catalogue, I'm 99% sure he hasn't been shipped at all to Italy.

Only thing left to do is buying him from the Lego Shop.

3 hours ago, TwistLaw said:

He doesn't appear at all in the catalogue, I'm 99% sure he hasn't been shipped at all to Italy.

Only thing left to do is buying him from the Lego Shop.

Bummer. I wasn't interested in him that much to begin with, but I could've bought him as a parts pack had I found him on clearance. And his chest decal is pretty cool.

16 hours ago, The Outsider said:

So, question about the combi-models, specifically the list of sets needed for Shadow Titan Makuta: can I build Mask Maker Makuta from the leftover parts of that combi-model, or are there not enough pieces? What about the Shadow Spawn?

You can get really close, but you need some extra gears and ball pieces since the model uses all of them. But you will have all the trans purple and ekimu armor left over. My whole entry for the makuta contest was made mostly with leftover parts from the combiner (http://antak3000.deviantart.com/art/Makuta-the-Destroyer-634612399)

No idea on the spawn though, didn't make one. But you end up with a massive pile of parts, I got a lot of mileage out of them.

Its a pity all the Summer 2016 sets are only in retail at Toys R Us. I bought Ekimu the Mask Maker today; but TRU charged me the price tag of Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. I thought at first it was a tax mark up figuring Ekimu was maybe being sold there for $20; but once I checked the TRU website I saw that Ekimu is definitely supposed to be $15. I had to drive back down to the store, and request for some of the money back. :tongue: It was frustrating, but I talked calmly with the store workers and they did set things straight and they got me my money back. Still it makes me hesitate to shop for Bionicle or any other Lego theme at TRU in the future.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

12 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Its a pity all the Summer 2016 sets are only in retail at Toys R Us. I bought Ekimu the Mask Maker today; but TRU charged me the price tag of Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. I thought at first it was a tax mark up figuring Ekimu was maybe being sold there for $20; but once I checked the TRU website I saw that Ekimu is definitely supposed to be $15. I had to drive back down to the store, and request for some of the money back. :tongue: It was frustrating, but I talked calmly with the store workers and they did set things straight and they got me my money back. Still it makes me hesitate to shop for Bionicle or any other Lego theme at TRU in the future.

That is absurd! I'm glad you got that straightened out, at least. Luckily, my experiences at Toys R Us have generally been more positive, but I'd probably be similarly skeptical of shopping at Toys R Us in the future if something like that happened to me.

For those in the UK that might still be looking for new BIONICLE content, I found the second issue of the BIONICLE magazine which has the Ekimu's Hawk set (the magazine calls it a hawk, not a falcon, which surprised me) at my local newsagent today (despite the fact it should have technically been released tomorrow). A bit surprised it still got released here, I was worried that it would have been pulled before it got here due to BIONICLE's abrupt end. I'm a bit sad that it will be the last new BIONICLE, perhaps even the last new non-licensed Constraction set that I'll have the pleasure of buying for the foreseeable future though.

I recently bought Umarak the Destroyer, and I like him for the healthy amount of useful parts he comes packed with. His build is also pretty sweet, except for his awkward neck and the lack of armour on his lower legs.

I'm still pondering wether or not I should get Ekimu as well. I don't care that much for gold parts, but his transblue looks glorious.

3 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

I recently bought Umarak the Destroyer, and I like him for the healthy amount of useful parts he comes packed with. His build is also pretty sweet, except for his awkward neck and the lack of armour on his lower legs.

I'm still pondering wether or not I should get Ekimu as well. I don't care that much for gold parts, but his transblue looks glorious.

I bought Ekimu a few weeks ago. I really like him; especially since he is our last Bionicle hero character to get a set... The transblue is what really sells the set to me, it looks so mystical. Makes me wish we had gotten all the Toa's mask in transparent hues.

On 16.11.2016 at 3:52 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I bought Ekimu a few weeks ago. I really like him; especially since he is our last Bionicle hero character to get a set... The transblue is what really sells the set to me, it looks so mystical. Makes me wish we had gotten all the Toa's mask in transparent hues.

Ah, I didn't even consider the fact that he's the really last hero guy we get, as I paid even less attention to G2's lore than to G1's. :grin:'

But I totes agree with you on the transparent hues. One thing that annoyed me about the regular-colored masks of the uptated Toa was how the silver part looked more like elderly hair than anything else - giving them a transparent hue would've looked a lot better.

6 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Ah, I didn't even consider the fact that he's the really last hero guy we get, as I paid even less attention to G2's lore than to G1's. :grin:'

But I totes agree with you on the transparent hues. One thing that annoyed me about the regular-colored masks of the uptated Toa was how the silver part looked more like elderly hair than anything else - giving them a transparent hue would've looked a lot better.

I think if the masks were just a solid color would have been best, with their second mask being the gold/transparent blend we did get; or even better, %100 transparent! 

2 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I think if the masks were just a solid color would have been best, with their second mask being the gold/transparent blend we did get; or even better, %100 transparent! 

I think it wouldn't have been as bad if the thrree larger toa had their masks blended in gold rather than silver, to better match their color schemes.

I still think my idea of the normal masks being a blend of their normal colour and the transparent colour would work best. Might diminish the value of the gold masks but they were diminished anyway due to their poor use in the story IMO.