VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I'm pretty f*cking pissed we're not getting any official Makuta set or the Mask of Ultimate Power for that matter. Yet they still decided to show us that they in fact have a mold for it yet they don't intend to release it at all. That's the most disheartening thing for me.

Today is a loss for all that is good and decent. I hope all the elitist AFOLs and geewunners are happy with this.

I just... I can't believe this...

EDIT: Just saw VBBN's post, sorry.

Edited by Shakar

You know, I still think we might get the MoUP through a polybag if Lego releases a third magazine. The statement from Lego said they would be cancelling Bionicle at the end of 2016 but we still have the second magazine with the Agil polybag in October. I believe there might be a chance, even though it's a pretty low chance, that Lego might release a third and final magazine with a polybag containing the MoUP. Lego said they had no plans to release it right now but I still think we might see it before the end of 2016.

Maybe i'm too optimistic but I will continue to have hope for Bionicle right until the last day of this year.

You know, I still think we might get the MoUP through a polybag if Lego releases a third magazine. The statement from Lego said they would be cancelling Bionicle at the end of 2016 but we still have the second magazine with the Agil polybag in October. I believe there might be a chance, even though it's a pretty low chance, that Lego might release a third and final magazine with a polybag containing the MoUP. Lego said they had no plans to release it right now but I still think we might see it before the end of 2016.

Maybe i'm too optimistic but I will continue to have hope for Bionicle right until the last day of this year.

Polybags in general rarely include exclusive molds, and magazine gift sets never even include exclusive recolors, let alone exclusive molds. Frankly if the LEGO Group doesn't have any current plans to release the Mask of Ultimate Power, there's no way they could design, produce, and release a set containing it between now and the end of this year. They just don't operate on that short a timetable.

would it be possible for lego to release the MoUP as a digital 3d print file rather than a physical plastic element that would require thousands of dollars to manufacture? as far as i understand the only people buying the bionicle toys were the reletively miniscule demographic of AFOLs (even smaller for this specific subseries of Constraction) so the only people who would want this rare peice would be the ones who would have the means to fabricate their own either having the cash to pay for 3D print services if they dont have 3D printers themselves. hell in another topic someone modled their own MoUP to put on a 3D print service. and lego doesnt even have to put it out for free they can charge cash with no cost to them outside of a few cents to host on their own servers if they dont host it on a free service already. they can still make money off of it!

only problem i could see would be a patent/industry secret sorta thing where the source model has the exact dimentions and tolerances baked in ripe for bootleggers to plunder. but then again you could extract tht production data from the end product itself anyway as so many fan blogs shown us so doubt that could be the problem.

Does anyone think that is possible that we could get Makuta and the MoUP in a fall set this year? I still have a hard time believing that we won't get either of them, especially after being in JtO. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, though.

Does anyone think that is possible that we could get Makuta and the MoUP in a fall set this year? I still have a hard time believing that we won't get either of them, especially after being in JtO. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, though.

LEGO said on their Twitter that they currently have no plans of releasing a Makuta or MoUP. The MoUP we saw in the contest video was a prototype/3D printed model. The Makuta we see in JtO was a combination model.

Just bought Lava Beast. I really am liking him! I wish they weren't such a lame villain in JtO, but as a set he is a blast.

With the official end of G2, I hope to get the whole Bionicle range from these last two years. I don't have a lot of 2016 sets, but I hope I can play catch up over the coming months.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Just bought Lava Beast. I really am liking him! I wish they weren't such a lame villain in JtO, but as a set he is a blast.

With the official end of G2, I hope to get the whole Bionicle range from these last two years. I don't have a lot of 2016 sets, but I hope I can play catch up over the coming months.

I wish you luck. Amazon still has plenty of the sets for less than MSRP, Target and Walmart have gotten rid of them, and Toys R Us shadily put a hefty markup on all the sets just prior to the cancellation announcement.

Bricklink has a nice supply of cheap sets still.

But yeah with tax Lava Beast at TRU came to be $18; ouch!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I went to my local LEGO store to pick up Storm Beast, the very last set of Gen2 I need to complete it, but every shred of proof that Bionicle existed was gone. All of the sets were gone and the shelves that once contained them are now full of Ninjago. An employee gave me a voucher for free shipping since they were out so I could order it online, so that was nice. I was mainly there for the new Ghost Rider set so I wasn't too upset about it. After seeing tJtO today, I'm gonna have to Bricklink Agil, he looks great on Ekimu's arm and he actually had some relevance to the story.

lol BIONICLE isn't even on the June-December catalogue.

Has it ever happened to a theme in store at the same time the catalogue is published?

Edited by TwistLaw

The Facebook page admins have added a new profile picture and cover photo. One last hurrah for the contest?

It's the art they were using for the Rebrick contest (I uploaded the hi-res version at some point on BS01, but it's been my wallpaper for a few weeks now :U).

Well, I just picked up Uxar, Uniter Onua, and UtH at Target on clearance, so I've covered most of what I want before everything disappears.

I just got Umarak the Hunter (my first G2 set) for like 75% of normal price and I love him. The guy just looks evil, the coluorscheme is perfect and build was rather fun. :sweet: