VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Someone on 4chan traced (is that the right term?) over the MoUP so you can see its details better:

iBccLMK.png?1

Then someone did a render of the Mask in gold (the teeth are missing though) and put the two side by side.

I really like how the MoUP is looking, the large 6 section ring on the forehead is a nice touch and the horns/crown they reused from the MoCr prototype looks so regal and menacing. The gold render has made me wonder again if we're going to get two versions of the MoUP like with the MoCo, or at least two colour variations.

I feel like the spikes need to be spread out more... It's looking a little bare around the sides of its cranium. Maybe if the eyebrow spikes were angled up a bit...?

Still looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it in person.

Well I took advantage of the sale going on at TRU and picked up Gali, Lewa, Umarak the Destroyer and a second Skull Warrior. I wanted to find a quake beast, but could not find it.

Anyway I really like these figures. Umarak's neck doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I just really like Umarak, he's big, bulky and just a fun figure to look at. Gali however, I hate her legs. They seem to long and the armor coverage on the thighs bothers me, there's to much gap. Lewa's arms are too short. When they are in an action pose I don't mind them too much, but when they are on his sides, they look to short.

So finally I finished my collection of 2016 toa and overall I really like them. Together they look really nice with all the translucent colors but they each have something awkward in them. I hope that in 2017 they knock some of those awkward things and make really solid figures.

Now it's time for me to hunt down the rest of the creatures and the beasts.

Edited by MrHerofan

I picked up Quake Beast from the promo while getting Finn and Poe. It's much better than I thought it'd be and I like the idea with the sideways gearbox, but Storm Beast is my favorite set from summer still.

On another topic, all 2016 Bionicle pieces are available via Bricks&Pieces. Bought Mask of Corruption (1,97€) and trans. medium blue Mask of Creation (~1€).

Noticed that yesterday, I've bought the Unity Masks of the Toa I don't have (Tahu, Onua, Lewa and Gali), the transparent MoCr and a second MoCo. I've also bought a pair of tr. neon green crystal shells to modify UtD when I have him (I plan on adding them on his back, like the JtO version).

On another topic, all 2016 Bionicle pieces are available via Bricks&Pieces. Bought Mask of Corruption (1,97€) and trans. medium blue Mask of Creation (~1€).

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately, not every single piece is available, the piece I wanted more of most (dark blue 4M shells from Storm Beast) are out of stock :sad: It's like LEGO know that's what we want most and they're just annoying us. Either that or somebody beat me to them all! Oh well, I have no qualms about buying more Storm Beasts anyway, and there's more than enough new CCBS on Bricks and Pieces to gorge myself on for now.

Leak season has began a litlle faster.

Indeed. However, I must remind you (not specifically you, LegoRomania, but everyone here) that leaks are not allowed here. If you find leaked pictures of future BIONICLE sets, please don't post them, nor links to those pictures, thank you.

Indeed. However, I must remind you (not specifically you, LegoRomania, but everyone here) that leaks are not allowed here. If you find leaked pictures of future BIONICLE sets, please don't post them, nor links to those pictures, thank you.

I know.I will not post any leaks.

Wait were new sets leaked or was it just that new banner?

Only a banner with golden MouP and surprisingly just Uniter Onua and UTH shoving.

The image looks really fake but the other stuff the person posted from other themes gives it more validity, at least from my view.

Lol it's the Italian catalogue again. I remember when East European countries got dibs on the leaks (fun fact: I think the first pic of Umbra in 2006 was from an Italian catalogue too).

That MoUP does look real (and would probably confirm that we're getting a gold version along with a dark one), I just find it weird for 2016 sets to be there.

I'm not hugest fan of the model for jto but I notice a pattern here. It doesn't look like it uses any dublicates unlike for example the original concept by Corvin which features more tr. orange ribcages than has been released on sets in total.

Making me think it has been built from spesific sets.

-Lord of Skull Spiders

-Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder

-Ikir

-Uniter Tahu

-Uniter Onua

-Umarak The Hunter

-Umarak The Destroyer

So it actually is a combiner model, not just a MOC.

Wow good eye there. I did notice the trans orange Technic beams from LoSS, and the use of..unusual parts for a villain figure (Ikir's gold Chima wings, Tahu's gold/orange crystal armour, the gold wheel from Ekimu's shield, etc) but I couldn't connect the dots.

That model's colours got changed quite a bit in the JtO version, with a lot of gold and trans orange being replaced by black and purple. At this point, I think it's safe to say that the gunmetal Makuta and the red and black MoUP from the 2015 animations are non-canon (and irrelevant for future sets) at this point, and that purple and gold have stayed as Makuta's main colours even after the MoUP corruption. The MoUP itself is either purple (JtO flashback), black (JtO episode 4), or a mix of the two, plus a possible gold variant, but no red at all there.

I know that trans purple is great, but I would personally prefer a full black version, since I'd feel it'd look more sinister and closer to G1 Makuta's Kraahkan. Of course, 3 colour variants wouldn't be bad either.

And unrelated, I really really want that black Tahu Mask.

I figure I should point out that the purported "Italian catalog leaks" have been revealed to have all been fake. Boxart with the MoUP is still possible, of course, given that it's one of many of the "leaks" that was merely an easy guess (along with the return of the PotC and Cars themes to tie in with upcoming movies).

I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick of black and red (and variations thereof) villains. Bring on a purple/gold Makuta! I just hope he doesn't turn out anything like Umarak the Destroyer. I really dislike that set.

Hey, I'd like to see that fake boxart, why do I always miss the coolest stuff here? T_T

(Well, I'm not saying that fake boxarts are cool, most of them are really shoddy but it's still fun to see what people can come up with)

Edited by Onepu the Protector

It was just a bright purple banner with a gold MoUP. Nothing special really.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick of black and red (and variations thereof) villains. Bring on a purple/gold Makuta! I just hope he doesn't turn out anything like Umarak the Destroyer. I really dislike that set.

Yeah I can't bring myself to like the Destroyer. The Hunter is great, one of the most unique Bionicle villains we've had. UtD has such and awkward head, a boring colour scheme, and there are so many gaps. I do like the big claws, and I appreciate the bulk. But they're not enough to justify my purchase. The fact that the set is overpriced in Europe, though relatively minor on its own, doesn't certainly help things.

Hey, I'd like to see that fake boxart, why do I always miss the coolest stuff here? T_T

(Well, I'm not saying that fake boxarts are cool, most of them are really shoddy but it's still fun to see what people can come up with)

It was literally just this year's logo with MoUP slapped in the place of MoCo. That's all.

Well. How 'bout that...

I can't say I'm disappointed. G2 hasn't really been holding my interest to be honest.

Well so much for the Sunday statement. Maybe it'll shed light on the cancellation.

EDIT - So I've given it a bit of time. Real talk, I honestly don't know how I feel, almost feels worse than when G1 ended, at least that made some sense seeing as it lasted far beyond the normal lifespan of a LEGO theme, here it's sorta the opposite, and unlike something like Chima or Power Miners it had some significant history with the company. The absolute lack of fanfare is what really gets me to be honest and how corporate the cancellation message was portrayed (and yes I understand LEGO is a company and as such communicates in a professional manner but the timing was absolutely horrendous considering the Makuta contest, kinda lost spirit to try but that's just me).

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

"It was a business decision to take out LEGO BIONICLE."

Well at least they didn't sugarcoat it. So even the original "at least 3 years" plan was cut short. I'm this close to boycott Lego, but I rather wait for tomorrow to hear the details.