VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

If you look closely - this combo is simply UtD with attached parts of beasts.

And that's why I really don't like this combiner, it's even less creative than the other, the color distribution is also worse.

I have no idea who built this, but it's pretty much what I would had expected from the actual combiner: http://i.imgur.com/ZdFwI2z.jpg

Edited by GK733

I really like how LEGO is making multiple forms of a corrupted Umarak. Really goes with the whole theme of the MoC corrupting him. This new combination model looks really nice and if I had the extra money I would totally buy him.

Now, see, that's what I actually wanted all along; we lost the Unity aspect going into the summer, so I needed to see that. Excellent. What catalog is it from?

Now, see, that's what I actually wanted all along; we lost the Unity aspect going into the summer, so I needed to see that. Excellent. What catalog is it from?

I cropped it from German catalog, but it is in every country's catalog.

That looks more like rubbish photoshop than an actual combiner.

It does. I'm trying to figure out what those giant purple masses on his legs are and how some of the beast parts are attached, especially the Lava Beast head.

especially the Lava Beast head.

Maybe it is a head without horns and jaw but with neck, attached to UtD's neck?

Edited by dimaks13

Maybe it is a head without horns and jaw but with neck, attached to UtD's neck?

I think it may be like Quake Beast, where it looks good from one angle, and looks really bad from the rest. It could just be a bone, the shortest bone stuck on the lower ball joint, and Umarak's head stuck onto that bone, and Lava Beast's head stuck on the topmost ball joint, and bent down to look like a helmet.

Since it's built from the same sets as the actual combi model we got instructions for, it could have been just a concept sketch/placeholder for that model that was accidentally used in the final catalog.

Anyone know why it's taking BS01 and BZPower so long to release their interviews?

Part having to submit the interviews for final approval, part being people with jobs and having to be grown ups which sucks :(

Part having to submit the interviews for final approval, part being people with jobs and having to be grown ups which sucks :(

Oooh, so Lego wants to check the interviews? I guess you submit it to Lego for the approval right? Okay, I can see why it would take longer to be done then. Sorry if I seemed pushy. :P

If anyone care the winter Bionicle wave is on sale at legoshop.com. The sets also say that they are retiring soon. Not even one year and they are already being marked down. It really makes me wonder what we are going to be getting next year.

Edited by MrHerofan

If anyone care the winter Bionicle wave is on sale at legoshop.com. The sets also say that they are retiring soon. Not even one year and they are already being marked down. It really makes me wonder what we are going to be getting next year.

Yeah, it's making me worry a bit. Does anyone know what sales were like this year? Doesn't sound too good.

I got a hold of the Sharx Mixel so I could build Ekimu's Falcon with the correct coloured beak. Said falcon is really lovely.

It's over, everybody go home.

But it must be said that the european shops don't show any "retiring soon" label.

But it must be said that the european shops don't show any "retiring soon" label.

And the 1H wave isn't on sale here, it seems to be limited to North America. This and the magazine being only published in European countries (so far) make me think that Bionicle may be selling better in Europe than in NA.

And the 1H wave isn't on sale here, it seems to be limited to North America. This and the magazine being only published in European countries (so far) make me think that Bionicle may be selling better in Europe than in NA.

Bionicle may face the same treatment as the second wave of CHI.

But I doubt the sales would be so bad they would completely restrict people from buying them in the states.

Bionicle may face the same treatment as the second wave of CHI.

But I doubt the sales would be so bad they would completely restrict people from buying them in the states.

Well considering that the U.S. Lego Shop website has the winter 2016 sets already on clearance might point to Bionicle being more of an exclusive thing.

It's funny really how it went from being one of the more popular lines, to having its sets retire after six months on the shelves.

I haven't even completed my 2016 sets yet. Might need to get hunting.

Finally managed to post my first interview; it's not BIONICLE (don't kill me) but it does have some news I think people will be excited about...

Interview with Rebrick

Mette sounds like a really cool guy! You're quite the interviewer, too. :laugh:

Another Bionicle contest is sure to be fun.

New here,2017 is the last year of Bionicle?

This year,I began collecting sets.

Welcome Romaniabro, sadly next year is almost guaranteed to be the last one.

Ah. That's too bad. But if you go to TRU then you will be able to buy older sets. I was kind of like you when I started collecting the sets, but now I have a lot of figures from 2015.

Ah. That's too bad. But if you go to TRU then you will be able to buy older sets. I was kind of like you when I started collecting the sets, but now I have a lot of figures from 2015.