VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Wondering if the UK is even getting the sets this month...

cb856faaa5d6da764caabd96860c0fe6f4cf1fe1.png

They only list Ekimu, Lava Beast and Storm Beast on the website under 'coming soon' with no date attached.

Umm.....Quake Beast and Umarak are no longer listed on the Canadian site.....

Well I've built the three beasts so far- I won't give any initial thoughts on the sets yet (I prefer to have a bit more exposure and save my thoughts for the reviews) but one thing i'll say- I really, really dislike this jaw piece. It's like a less-fun, worse-looking, more-annoying version of the Barraki mandibles.

You're not alone. The jaw does nothing for me. I'll stand by my initial statement and say they should've engineered a snappy mouth instead. I like the idea, but not the execution.

Umm.....Quake Beast and Umarak are no longer listed on the Canadian site.....

I think it's because of the fact that there where no pictures. Lego is probably trying to fix it now, before they are released.

Wondering if the UK is even getting the sets this month...

cb856faaa5d6da764caabd96860c0fe6f4cf1fe1.png

They only list Ekimu, Lava Beast and Storm Beast on the website under 'coming soon' with no date attached.

Well on the US end they say out of stock, will ship in 30 days and it's only been half an hour here. That's really disappointing considering I can't find them on Amazon, TRU, Wal-Mart, or Target's websites. UtD and Quake Beast are also absent from the S&H listings.

TLG designer John Ho has come out as the main designer for 71312 Ekimu the Mask Maker.

Summer has arrived Denmark! Finally.....

So did the New LEGO Bionicle Sets!

As I said last time, this year I mainly work on LEGO Bionicle products, For second half 2016, I've only work on one product :)

71312 Ekimu Mask Maker

This is the last product I'd work on in Bionicle, as some of you might already know this from this year inside tour/or last year Skærbæk Fan Weekend, I am currently working in the Creator 3in1 team :)

Big thanks to the Constraction team for the last 2.5 years. It was a awesome experience. :)

hope you will enjoy building/playing with them as much we enjoy designing them! Cheers!

P.S. As usual, some personal remarks :)

The turning function in the lower body is best used when you connect the hammer to both hands, and the battle function on the upper body is best used when you only hold the hammer in one hand.

The different arm build is to ensure Ekimu can hold the weapon with only one hand, as if you try to put the hammer on his left arm, it is too weak to support it. Same case go to the shoulder design.

Edited by Logan McOwen

I really dislike this jaw piece. It's like a less-fun, worse-looking, more-annoying version of the Barraki mandibles.

Also, Storm beast and Quake beast have an annoying bit- The shadow traps. They are supposed to hold the masks, but I find them very incapable of doing so because the pins they use to connect the two halves offer little to no friction, and hence no grasping power for the masks (they can hardly even keep an open-jawed pose without a mask in them, either they are fully shut or flip all the way open).

I agree. The lower jaws are very unuasable. One problem I had with Storm Beast is his lower jaw was WAY floppier than all other beasts. I don't know if it is just me, or not.

The shadow traps are also annoying. The masks always slip out, or just fall. I see why they did that, instead of with friction, but what else would they use?

Could this mean that Bionicle is ending of he is no longer working on future sets? I know, it's silly, however it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post.

nolol

Everything seems to be there and working now for the UK S@H

http://shop.lego.com.../BIONICLE-Theme

Edit- oh wait yeah UtD and Quake beast are indeed missing

I am ordering them all now. I'll get QB an UtD later.

EDIT:

7458fbea1363907ba703640c2ca04361.png

Edited by Logan McOwen

Why are Umarak and Quake Beast missing from Shop@Home? At first I thought it was just the Dutch version but it seems the UK also has this problem. Why does Lego do this?

Edited by Bbrink1996

IIRC UtD is getting a later release in July. Not sure about QB though, but I'm not too upset about lacking him.

IIRC UtD is getting a later release in July. Not sure about QB though, but I'm not too upset about lacking him.

That's still a thing? Totally forgot about that especially considering that Umarak has shown up physically in toy stores already.

That's still a thing? Totally forgot about that especially considering that Umarak has shown up physically in toy stores already.

I don't buy that....it originally said on the site that both were coming out June 1st

No, this is actually incorrect... I've just visited the LEGO Store in Watford and they had all the Bionicle summer sets! Including Quake Beast and Umarak the Destroyer. UtD is £17.99. So, if you want either of those now, you might just have to visit a brand store.

As usual, S@H fails again and again reminds me why I ditched it in favour of shopping in a brand store :look:

Anyone seen Umarak the Destroyer or Quake Beast in the UK yet? Only Lava, Storm and Ekimu have shown up on S@H.

See my post above yours! I saw Quake Beast and UtD in a LEGO Brand store in the UK today :wink:

Could this mean that Bionicle is ending of he is no longer working on future sets? I know, it's silly, however it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post.

Come on...

I am currently working in the Creator 3in1 team :)

In a way, you're right, he's no longer working on future sets... but that's because he's part of the Creator team now, that's all.

Why are Umarak and Quake Beast missing from Shop@Home? At first I thought it was just the Dutch version but it seems the UK also has this problem.

Same in France.

See my post above yours! I saw Quake Beast and UtD in a LEGO Brand store in the UK today :wink:

Oops. Sorry bout that, EB been playing up recently so I couldn't see posts for like 3 days. Got none local so kinda waiting on S@H or Amazon, especially for Quake Beast (which is my favourite by miles, mostly cos he's like an upgraded Bruizer who I also enjoyed).

Just ordered my picks from this wave off of US S@H, no problems there. They still don't have images up for UtD or Quake Beast, but the sets are available for purchase regardless. Amazon, on the other hand... no such luck.

Well at least UK's LEGO Brand Stores got them...

I was told at my local store that they would no longer be selling Bionicle, handed me a Free Shipping Coupon, and told me that I could find them online. Although I appreciate the gesture with the coupon, what on earth is going on with Bionicle that would cause LEGO to make this decision?

Well at least UK's LEGO Brand Stores got them...

I was told at my local store that they would no longer be selling Bionicle, handed me a Free Shipping Coupon, and told me that I could find them online. Although I appreciate the gesture with the coupon, what on earth is going on with Bionicle that would cause LEGO to make this decision?

Yeah, umm when we can expect to know Dorek?

I've always been an advocate that Bionicle is doing well and sales are normal, but I've gotten a piece of bad news - confirmation from a contact in LEGO that Bionicle sets are not going to be shipped to stores were they don't sell well. I asked my contact after discovering today my local store had none and the employees were confused. This is the same contact who leaked the list of Confidential GWPs for all of 2015 back in December 2014, if anyone remembers that, so the contact is reputable. Sad news for Bionicle's future...

I've always been an advocate that Bionicle is doing well and sales are normal, but I've gotten a piece of bad news - confirmation from a contact in LEGO that Bionicle sets are not going to be shipped to stores were they don't sell well. I asked my contact after discovering today my local store had none and the employees were confused. This is the same contact who leaked the list of Confidential GWPs for all of 2015 back in December 2014, if anyone remembers that, so the contact is reputable. Sad news for Bionicle's future...

Bionicle getting cancelled again is really not that surprising. I think we can look forward to maybe seeing one more wave and it will likely conclude with that wave.