VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Apparently, UtD has been spotted in a Toys'R'Us in France. No price tag, though, there were only four boxes and the other 2H sets weren't there. I'm pretty confident they will be released in June in Europe too. :wink:

Corrupted by the Mask of Control, Umarak the Destroyer is now summoning an enemy of Elemental Beasts to wage war on the LEGO® BIONICLE® heroes.

Sets are put on the site with all of them having release date for June 1st.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/BIONICLE-Theme

Weirdly enough Quake and Umarak still have placeholders.

Where did that initial description come from? Not seeing it anywhere.

Where did that initial description come from? Not seeing it anywhere.

Umarak The Destroyer's product summary.

Apparently, UtD has been spotted in a Toys'R'Us in France. No price tag, though, there were only four boxes and the other 2H sets weren't there. I'm pretty confident they will be released in June in Europe too. :wink:

Except Southern Europe, as usual...

It's a shame these Summer sets are hit so hard with the budget stick, nut the creative functions and nice color schemes definitely make up for it. They're pretty good and make for a good successor to the Skull Villains.

Anyone found them in Canada yet. I'm hoping they'll be out around June 10th as that is when I'm getting a new movie and video game.

Update on Canada: Called a Toysrus near Toronto, they should be expecting shipments of the new sets between June 12th-18th.

That said, I remember a member in the Ukraine who managed to get Quake Beast early in a store, that suggests we should be getting them in June? Yet they are not on any European S@H sites. I'm just confused, are we getting them in June or not? :wacko:

That isn't early in one store. The sets were appearing in all shops/parts of all shop chains which sell Lego in Ukraine in period since 16th May to 20th May. Edited by dimaks13

That isn't early in one store. The sets were appearing in all shops/parts of all shop chains which sell Lego in Ukraine in period since 16th May to 20th May.

I've heard that Bionicle/constraction sells very well in Eastern Europe. I wonder if the countries where the theme has sold best is getting most of the sets (also getting them early) whilst other countries would get smaller quantities and get them later?

I walked into a TRU in SC and bought all five figures. For all those who have not gotten the new figures, I think I might make a topic that has a quick review of all characters. Who would want me to do that?

I walked into a TRU in SC and bought all five figures. For all those who have not gotten the new figures, I think I might make a topic that has a quick review of all characters. Who would want me to do that?

I'd really like someone to review the combo model.

So on memorial day I went to my local TRU and bought all of the summer 2016 figures. I decided to do small reviews on each set, and then stats for all five sets.

Lava Beast

Lava Beast was very fun ti build. His overall structure was great and had great colors. Very fresh and new.

Function: 7/10

Colors: 10/10

Design: 10/10

Poseability: 8/10

Balanced: 10/10 (If it falls often)

Overall: 45/50

He is one of the best sets.

Quake Beast

Quake Beast was a pure expirement. He was good, fun to build, but overall average.

Function: 6/10

Colors: 8/10

Poseability: 7/10

Design: 6/10

Balance: 8/10 (I couldn't think of anything else to put here)

Overall: 35/50

Storm Beast

Storm Beast is a really good set. He wasn't too fun to build, but a great figure.

Function: 8/10

Colors: 6/10

Poseability: 8/10

Balance: 9/10

Overall: 41/50

Ekimu

Ekimu is great. He is very simple. But not very new.

Function: 8/10

Colors: 8/10

Poseability: 9/10

Balance: 8/10

Overall 43/50

Umarak The Destroyer

UTD IS AMAZING! He is amazing, and he is overall great!

Function: 10/10

Color: 8/10

Poseability: 10/10

Balance: 10/10

Overall: 48/50

Overall of all figures

Function: 39/50

Color: 40/50

Poseability: 42/50

Design: 46/50

Balance: 45/50

Overall: 212/250

This wave really benefits in design.

Edited by Anthony12901

So on memorial day I went to my local TRU and bought all of the summer 2016 figures. I decided to do small reviews on each set, and then stats for all five sets.

As these are not actual pictorial reviews, merging with sets discussion.

So, if these sets were modded enough... The beasts could look WAY more terrifying.

Think about it... If the Beasts were more like the largest Toa sets, they would look a lot more interesting.

Plus, they could've added the function of combining with Umarak the Destroyer.

So, if these sets were modded enough... The beasts could look WAY more terrifying.

Think about it... If the Beasts were more like the largest Toa sets, they would look a lot more interesting.

Plus, they could've added the function of combining with Umarak the Destroyer.

I'm not 100% satisfied with all of the beasts but I don't know if increasing their price point would improve them that much or even be a necessary step toward improving the flaws that concern me most. Plus, it'd make them that much harder to army build.

When you say "add the function of combining with Umarak", do you mean combine like the Creatures combine with the Toa? I can't see how that would be expected to look anything other than silly (and would require substantially different torso buillds, since the shell and shell detail used for these sets offer precious few attachment points on the front).

If you just mean a combi model, there is one, and I can't wait for the instructions to be added to the website.

I haven't seen anywhere online or offline stocking them in the UK :(

Wondering if the UK is even getting the sets this month...

cb856faaa5d6da764caabd96860c0fe6f4cf1fe1.png

They only list Ekimu, Lava Beast and Storm Beast on the website under 'coming soon' with no date attached.

Well I've built the three beasts so far- I won't give any initial thoughts on the sets yet (I prefer to have a bit more exposure and save my thoughts for the reviews) but one thing i'll say- I really, really dislike this jaw piece. It's like a less-fun, worse-looking, more-annoying version of the Barraki mandibles.

Also, Storm beast and Quake beast have an annoying bit- The shadow traps. They are supposed to hold the masks, but I find them very incapable of doing so because the pins they use to connect the two halves offer little to no friction, and hence no grasping power for the masks (they can hardly even keep an open-jawed pose without a mask in them, either they are fully shut or flip all the way open) I haven't read anything from anyone elses reviews yet, so i don't know who else has noticed this, but it's an annoying quibble.

They only list Ekimu, Lava Beast and Storm Beast on the website under 'coming soon' with no date attached.

Maybe you aren't. The UK is getting the new Ninjago and Nexo Knights sets sooner than the United States, after all, so maybe there was a trade-off.

All the June 1st sets now read "coming soon" on the UK S@H, not just the Bionicle sets (yeah, typical S@H, lists sets for release on 1st June, 12:01 1st June comes around and they immediately move them to "coming soon"). I think that's a clear enough indication that we're getting these sets this month. I'm probably going to try the LEGO Store tomorrow and see if they're there (even though I had review copies of all the sets delivered today, seeing that UtD's box is the same size as Kopaka+Melum's box gives me a bad feeling that it'll be £20 here...)