VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Another look at Quake Beast:

I seriously thought the armspan of his function would had been at least a bit larger. That looks just really meh.

Edited by GK733

Hm...I'm going to collect this whole wave eventually, but I will not get Quake Beast first. It'll have to be Umarak and Lava or Storm Beast.....it's such a tough decision because the function is awesome but Lava Beast looks better.

Also, does storm beast remind anyone of Gadunka?

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Also, does storm beast remind anyone of Gadunka?

The face really does. It's because of the bright upper half contrasted against the darker lower jaw.

It's weird, but I don't particularly want any of these... Ekimu, I guess, but I don't have a place for him now that my G2 shelf has been given over to Star Wars. Umarak looks decent, but I really don't have anywhere to put him. THe rest of the sets look... well, rather bad. And I'm tired of buying a set that I have to do extensive modding/part swapping to be satisfied with.

It's sad really, I really do love the Bionicle line, but I stick by my judgment that I like the earlier CCBS sets a lot better than the newest ones. Core Hunter and Breakout Breez weren't garish messes of metallics and trans parts.

So I went to a TRU in AZ today, and they had all 5 sets. I don't have any spending money at the moment, so I couldn't get them, but I wonder how long they will stick around. There was only one Storm Beast, and multiples of everyone else. I have not personally seen any evidence of Bionicle's decline either, as they were also well stocked with the Summer 2015 and Winter 2016 sets. Very interesting.

I'm thinking of making other designs for 3 more beasts to represent Pohatu, Lewa and Gali

I'm going with the names. Sandstorm Beast, Hurricane Beast and Blizzard Beast (Storm Beast has Kopaka's mask but is dark blue so. Gali's beast would be white)

What I need help with is functions that differ from the current 3 Beasts. I want at least one of them to be a quadruped.

I'm thinking of making other designs for 3 more beasts to represent Pohatu, Lewa and Gali

I'm going with the names. Sandstorm Beast, Hurricane Beast and Blizzard Beast (Storm Beast has Kopaka's mask but is dark blue so. Gali's beast would be white)

What I need help with is functions that differ from the current 3 Beasts. I want at least one of them to be a quadruped.

Hurricane could have flapping wings. One could have snappy-jaws (assuming your not using the Beast mask). Maybe another with a tail-swipe? Or even slashy claws... Or retractable claws!

Hurricane could have flapping wings. One could have snappy-jaws (assuming your not using the Beast mask). Maybe another with a tail-swipe? Or even slashy claws... Or retractable claws!

They would have the beast heads. If/when there added to LDD. I was thinking wings on Hurricane. Storm and to an extent Lava and UTD already have a somewhat claw gimmick. I was thinking of going Bohrok function on the quadruped for a head strike action. It would have horns on the side for piercing kinda like the spears on Fangz

I only see the Umarak review. :P

He usually has them up on the Bionicle playlist....they dont show up on the recent uploads for some odd reason.

He usually has them up on the Bionicle playlist....they dont show up on the recent uploads for some odd reason.

Its because the video is unlisted, it doesnt show up in the recent upload or his videos. While its unlisted, only those with the link can see it.

===

Not sure if double posts are allowed, so adding it in here.

Picked up the new Nexo Knights comic today in the UK.

NO BIONICLE COMIC ADVERT

*Can provide scans later this evening as proof

This can mean many things, but the most likely is that the comic's release date for the rest of Europe is probably later than we originally thought.

The new Ninjago catalogue is out on June 1st so will be getting that also, and checking to see if there is any Bionicle Comic advertisements.

Edited by Scarilian

So popped into my TRU last night. Strolled out with UtD and Ekimu. Ho. Ly. Cr. Ap. They're awesome! Looking at them, my excitement is comparable to building my first G2 set. :blush: UtD was my only Bionicle must-buy for the summer, but Ekimu drew me in with the mask recolors. And you know what? Ekimu is now my fave. Having the 2015 gearbox and the 2016 hip gear is incredible. His hammer is a bit wonky IRL, but nothing that can't be fixed.

For those who think UtD has a too Technic-y build: I thought the same thing, but he's much better IRL. His right-angle neck is still a little jarring, but nothing some modding can't fix. The monstrous MoCo is the cat's pajamas. His hands are real nifty, and the opening/closing function is pure bliss.

I really can't recommend these two enough! Get them. They're currently sitting on my desk, posed in glorious combat. They complement each other very nicely. And having them in my hands is making me want some of the beasts.

He says in the comments that he's working on a video of the combo model now.

Despite the sticky-out-y-ness of the gearbox, the lack of friction for the arm function, and the mask colour, Quake Beast is still my favourite of the beasts. I hope to see these in stores soon!