VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

That's definitely part of the issue. Given I'm already a moderator on Brickset who is based in the UK and my speciality is Constraction and one of the UK reporters for Brickset is one of my best friends, and seeing that the Constraction community in general is in uproar about the lack of coverage, I may as well try and see if I can be a reporter for next year's LTF... after all, I live closer to where LTF takes place than any of Brickset's attendees!

That would solve so much issues! Give it a shot and see if they'll let you in.

Hold your horses, guys, a follow up for BIONICLE is gonna be posted on Brickset later in the day. :sweet:

Hold your horses, guys, a follow up for BIONICLE is gonna be posted on Brickset later in the day. :sweet:

Really? Hopefully it will be more detailed than the last report we got. :p

Ha ha, so my friend DID listen to me after all! :grin:

I'm betting that he's posting it in response to the uproar in the Constraction community, but I'm happy that he's decided to do a Brickset article on Bionicle itself. Saves me having to ask him for slightly better descriptions I guess.

The report is up!

Not sure where Huw saw the brown and dark red. Umarak is described as trans yellow, but I wonder if it's real trans yellow or what.

Edited by Shakar

Well, they tried, and did a pretty good job of it, though it's not anything that we don't already know from leaks. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Storm Beasts's fingers are the same piece as Skull Spider legs, no? The report claimed the fingers were new pieces...

Also, it says Umarak the Destroyer has four fingers on each hand. Is it possible that the design was changed from what is seen in the leaks? Because if so that's actually pretty appealing.

There, now was that so hard? :P

Not much new that we couldn't really already make out based on the prelims. The mention of trans yellow intrigues me, though I'm sure it's just the trans yellow/trans lime green mix-up we had before with Pohatu.

I'm mostly curious about the heads as I've always been. Will the Beasts use the standard head? Seems like the sheer size mixed with the hinged jaw would suggest otherwise...

Captain Rex saves the day :)

Since I haven't seen the leaks yet, this has made me excited to get clear photos with the next Toy Fair.

Not much new that we couldn't really already make out based on the prelims. The mention of trans yellow intrigues me, though I'm sure it's just the trans yellow/trans lime green mix-up we had before with Pohatu.

I'm mostly curious about the heads as I've always been. Will the Beasts use the standard head? Seems like the sheer size mixed with the hinged jaw would suggest otherwise...

Capn Rex posted in a Brickset comment that he wasn't sure about the trans-yellow.

Just noticed Aanchir called out the Brickset user DanRSL in the comments; lets just say my unpublished comment that was supposed to go on Brickset was in response to Dan's comments too...

Anyway, I'm pumped for Nuremberg. Sounds like Umarak will be the stand out set, again!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I know I shouldn't get tricked, but yellow would be pretty great since it's the closest thing to trans gold. Trans neon green doesn't make any sense, might as well make him bright green like the Hunter.

I would actually expect that it isn't. Keep in mind that these descriptions are based on seeing the actual sets (or prototypes of said sets) physically, not on images like the ones that caused confusion with Pohatu. Trans. Fluor. Green and Trans. Yellow may look similar in some renders, but they're pretty unmistakable in real life.

Well the sets definitely sound great! I still need to get the winter wave, but I'm in no rush right now. Really can't wait to see these with other lego sets in the coming toy fairs.

Trans. Fluor. Green and Trans. Yellow may look similar in some renders, but they're pretty unmistakable in real life.

Considering that he uses the ribcage piece that we already got on Skull Scorpio in Tr. Neon Green, that's definitely the color he uses.

Just noticed Aanchir called out the Brickset user DanRSL in the comments; lets just say my unpublished comment that was supposed to go on Brickset was in response to Dan's comments too...

I have tried to talk with him before (in an article about the Exo Suit) and I have come to the conclusion that he is just a troll trying to get at your goat. I wouldn't recommend dealing with him.

Considering that he uses the ribcage piece that we already got on Skull Scorpio in Tr. Neon Green, that's definitely the color he uses.

That's not much evidence of anything in this case. Sure, if he has Trans. Yellow accents, that would have to be a new recolor—but so would every other part he uses in that color! What's up for debate is whether or not he DOES have Trans. Yellow recolors or whether he sticks to Trans. Fluor. Green. Time will tell... I personally hope for Trans. Yellow, since it'd probably pair better with gold.

At least Huw didn't say Bionicle was the most disappointing theme!

Most disappointing theme:

I agree with Lucy and Chris. You would have thought volcanoes would have provided inspiration for an exciting range of sets but they are pretty much just 'Arctic on lava': vehicles, similar vehicles, a helicopter and more vehicles. Models of actual volcanoes are nonexistent bar a very unimpressive one in the largest 'base' set which isn't even a proper base. I did like the colour scheme, though, and will buy the helicopter.

All sounds good, all sounds like what we saw in the leaks. I'm definitely excited to see pics.

What do you mean tomorrow? Nuremberg toy fair starts on the 27th, the day after tomorrow, Wednesday.

I believe that he is referring to the fact that companies usually have press releases where they show off official photos. I don't remember Lego doing this, but it is possible.

I believe that he is referring to the fact that companies usually have press releases where they show off official photos. I don't remember Lego doing this, but it is possible.

This.

Last year we had pictures on Tuesday, when the fair started on Wednesday. Finger crossed, guys.

Yeah, I don't think Lego does this. ( at least I don't remember Lego ever doing it)

Twist Law: Really? I follow the Lego community very well, and don't remember this at all. Do you have a link?

Edited by NetherCreeper

For Nuremberg's CCBS coverage, we'll usually get a group shot of the entire wave's sets (hence it won't be too detailed) and a video (by one particular YouTube channel, I can't remember what it's called). No good pictures, but it'll be our first physical look at the sets!