Lewa-$14.99

Pohatu-$14.99

Gali-$14.99

Tahu-$19.99

Onua-$19.99

Umarak the Hunter-$19.99

Kopaka and melum-$29.99

There you go.

Thank you for the info! We knew them all save for K&M, which I think sparked some debate as to the possibility of it being $25. It's a shame that the set is $30, as they do not really feel like a $20 Toa and $10 Creature. Hmm.

Thank you for the info! We knew them all save for K&M, which I think sparked some debate as to the possibility of it being $25. It's a shame that the set is $30, as they do not really feel like a $20 Toa and $10 Creature. Hmm.

I could see Kopes as a $20 Toa, but Melum seems to be a "downgraded" version of Terak, so he's definitely not a $10 Creature. Disappointed on that part.

I still don't get why everyone sees Melum as soooo vastly inferior. If Terak didn't exist, Melum would be fine as a set. You're not looking at this objectively--- Melum has maybe 5 fewer parts than Terak does. That doesn't justify making it cheaper than every single other creature.

I still don't get why everyone sees Melum as soooo vastly inferior. If Terak didn't exist, Melum would be fine as a set. You're not looking at this objectively--- Melum has maybe 5 fewer parts than Terak does. That doesn't justify making it cheaper than every single other creature.

Melum's not that inferior; as quoted below, he does have a different function than Terak, which is really nice. I'm not saying that just because his arms/claws/legs are less beefy than Terak, he should be significantly cheaper. But you can't deny that sans function, he's basically a downgraded Terak.

Re Melum: The lack of a tail is not the sole difference between him and Terak. He's also got a different function. Whereas Terak, as far as I can tell, lunges, Melum bear hugs.

Yeah, I think Aanchir pointed this out earlier. It's really nice; I'm glad Lego did this to differentiate the two.

Part counts for Umarak is higher than for Kopaka & Melum, yet Umarak costs less. Where is the logic..

Could be Umarak uses more smaller parts. Remember LOSS? He had the most pieces out of all the sets in Wave 1, yet he was only $15.

As for Melum, I'm sure he'd be a good $10 set on his own. Looking at the way the gears are positioned, I'm definitely agreeing that he bear hugs. I think the similarity to Terak is just throwing people off.

I must say I'm disappointed that LEGO has priced Kopaka/Melum at $29.99 US (which here in Canada is automatically going to be 39.99...sigh). Ah well. I'm still picking this set up first, along with Pohatu, Ketar, Tahu, Ikir.

For Canadian fans, the rest of the sets are the same prices as wave one...so all creatures = $15.99, lower Toa = 17.99, greater Toa/Umarak = 24.99

Does anyone additionally know when we'll get more info about Bionicle 2016? In the coming week? Will it be possible to buy the sets before Christmas?

Edited by lambda_cla3391

I must say I'm disappointed that LEGO has priced Kopaka/Melum at $29.99 US (which here in Canada is automatically going to be 39.99...sigh). Ah well. I'm still picking this set up first, along with Pohatu, Ketar, Tahu, Ikir.

For Canadian fans, the rest of the sets are the same prices as wave one...so all creatures = $15.99, lower Toa = 17.99, greater Toa/Umarak = 24.99

Does anyone additionally know when we'll get more info about Bionicle 2016? In the coming week? Will it be possible to buy the sets before Christmas?

What? We'll never know when exactly we'll get info.

How much is MMvSG in the US, by the way? It's $50 in my country, and my country usually directly doubles the US price. Hard to swallow if Kopaka and Melum is more expensive than MMvSG.

How much is MMvSG in the US, by the way? It's $50 in my country, and my country usually directly doubles the US price. Hard to swallow if Kopaka and Melum is more expensive than MMvSG.

MMvSG is 30 US dollars. So I'd image Kopaka and Melum would be the same price where you are.

You are all forgetting the fact that all the other creatures come with traps too. Which the Unity set doesn't have a single one. Melum as a set alone, with even less parts than Terak would not be 10 bucks due to the lack of the trap alone.

Edit: I didn't notice first where the list originated from but now that I know the price is a shame.

Edited by GK733

It is odd and disappointing that Kopaka and Melum does not include a trap. I agree that Melum is not entirely equal to the other creatures as he does not appear to have as many parts, nor is he as big as the others due to his use of smaller limb pieces.

I still think K&M is 25 Euro in Europe. Three shops from two different countries (Italy and Germany) imply this, it has to mean something.

30 Euro is just too much. Melum's ok, but there isn't a Shadow Trap included so "Melum Creature of Ice" couldn't be a standalone set. And Kopaka is closer to the smaller Toa in terms of build, lacking Onua's or Tahu's stuff (limbs length, armour, etc). 25 Euro/dollars is the right price no matter how you look at it.

If they're 30 Euro I'm going to disappointed- it's not just about paying 5 Euro more (though it is annoying), it's about Lego asking consumers to pay more to get less.

From the neck to the hips I believe it is 11M. The section from the lowest pinhole on the torso to the bottom of the turntable gear is 2M, which can be seen in Umarak's pictures; the Ribcage torso shell is 3M long below the attachment, one of which is used for the liftarm.

It would probably be true that the hip will be permanently attached. Here's another little diagram I made to show what I am saying. It is pretty evident when you look at the gap right below the lowest pinhole- you can see the end of the connector.

Yeah, I do see it now.

It's looking kind of bad, but the connection is eerily similar. I mean, there's still the new SW torso, and the two pieces probably wouldn't be very useful on their own, but.. permanently fusing two large pieces together like that is kind of odd on their part.

So I guess this should be accurate now?

zPwHXyB.png

Edit: Does anyone know what color of Kaiju claw Ketar and Uxar use? I can't tell if it's black, silver, or gunmetal (which would be a new recolor I believe).

I think they're silver. There's some ambiguity with Umarak's shoulder armour too, supported by the fact the Shadow Traps halves come only in gunmetal. But:

1)Uxar's claws are a good deal lighter than the Shadow Trap that comes with his set

2)Nor Lewa nor Pohatu have a speck of gunmetal on their body or weapons.

Alternatively.. they could be dark bley. Uxar's claws look darker and less shiny than his silver body on the image where he connects with Lewa. But they look silver on all other images. Dunno what it is.

But they aren't gunmetal and they aren't black. That much I'm sure about.

The same case can be made with Umarak, as I said before. His shoulder armour looks silver on almost all images, it being the same colour of his Piece of Unification (can we call it PoU? Please), his chains and even Uxar..but it suddenly becomes gunmetal on his box art.

TL,DR: The lighting on these pics is a mess. I bet all the pieces are silver.

I must agree that Kopaka and Melum is very disappointing in regards to value. You get more from buying a Toa and a Creature seperate in the form of a trap, which sort of defeats the point of a 2-pack. The reason people dislike Melum as compared to Terak is that from aesthetics he is made different by way of subtraction.

So I guess this should be accurate now?

zPwHXyB.png

I think they're silver. There's some ambiguity with Umarak's shoulder armour too, supported by the fact the Shadow Traps halves come only in gunmetal. But:

1)Uxar's claws are a good deal lighter than the Shadow Trap that comes with his set

2)Nor Lewa nor Pohatu have a speck of gunmetal on their body or weapons.

Alternatively.. they could be dark bley. Uxar's claws look darker and less shiny than his silver body on the image where he connects with Lewa. But they look silver on all other images. Dunno what it is.

But they aren't gunmetal and they aren't black. That much I'm sure about.

The same case can be made with Umarak, as I said before. His shoulder armour looks silver on almost all images, it being the same colour of his Piece of Unification (can we call it PoU? Please), his chains and even Uxar..but it suddenly becomes gunmetal on his box art.

TL,DR: The lighting on these pics is a mess. I bet all the pieces are silver.

Yup, that diagram is accurate now. Thanks for making a comparison of the torsos that is pretty accurate; as you can tell, that's not something that I could easily do.

Okay, yeah, I am now hoping that those Kaiju fins are silver. Speaking of lighting though- I have a feeling that Onua and Terak will be pretty different looking in hand. It may just be the (bad) lighting in my room though, but Tr. Purple is way darker than in the renders and they will not shine near as much as they do. It still works good as a purple color though, and looks darker than normal opaque Purple (which might end up working better with black).

If Kopaka+Melum is cost 30 Euro, then I disappointed. Except for the function and the color, Melum is pretty much identical to Terak. Aside for Kopaka's weird mask, Kopaka looks kinda good but the lack of a bear trap make the set isn't worth the money.

Hm I think I'll pass on Kopaka and Melum until there price drops. I'll still get Ikir, Lewa, Onua and Umarak. I might pass on Uxar until his price drops.

MMvSG is 30 US dollars. So I'd image Kopaka and Melum would be the same price where you are.

Huh. Alright, thanks for that. That's good to know! Kopaka and Melum will be the first set I pick up. I intend to space out getting the rest of the Creatures. :classic:

Yup, that diagram is accurate now. Thanks for making a comparison of the torsos that is pretty accurate; as you can tell, that's not something that I could easily do.

Okay, yeah, I am now hoping that those Kaiju fins are silver. Speaking of lighting though- I have a feeling that Onua and Terak will be pretty different looking in hand. It may just be the (bad) lighting in my room though, but Tr. Purple is way darker than in the renders and they will not shine near as much as they do. It still works good as a purple color though, and looks darker than normal opaque Purple (which might end up working better with black).

No problem, but it's not very hard to do, it just takes some time. Did it all on Paint. I don't think I'll do more stuff for now, though. These pieces are new and fairly easy to draw, but I don't see a point in recreating other stuff.

It's quite interesting that we switched from 9M tall torsos to 11M torsos, which used to be exclusive for Titans, for mid size figures (*). I thought it'd remain exclusive for the SW figures so I'm surprised. I don't mind it, it's not that the 9M torso is suddenly banned from MOCs anyway. The characters do look more slender and regal this way, but it's a matter of preference. And the fact we finally get some form of waist articulation after two abandoned attempts in 2007 is a huge plus. And back armour is still incredibly easy to add!

And yeah, unfortunately trans purple is very dark IRL. It will still look good but not pack the same punch as in those pictures.

* I don't think the 20 Euro price point can be considered Titan size anymore at this point, though Tahu and Umarak skirt the line with their 29 modules. Yes, I did find a way to measure the height and shoulder width of each Uniter+Umarak.

Edited by Shakar

This new Bionicle wave is a mixed bag for me. I'm sure these sets will look better in person, but right now though they seem kind of meh. I'm not much of a fan for using the Glatiorian neck as a upper arm piece, it just looks skinny compared to the rest of the arm. Second these masks have a Darth Vader effect to them. If you remember the DV helmet had two main parts, the mask and the "hat". That's what I feel like is being done here, especially in Gali, with the mask looking very close to the 2015 version.

But like 2015 I'm still excited about these, but of course have my concerns for each set.

More evidence of Kopaka and Melum being the equivalent of 25 Euro, at least in Europe, this time from Swiss shops:

1)Cheaper than MMvsSG

2)More expensive (every set got a markup), but still cheaper than MMvsSG

And would anyone be interested in some overly-detailed-calcs-no-one-asked-for that I did detailing how the Toa heights/body builds changed from 2015 to 2016? Anyone?

And would anyone be interested in some overly-detailed-calcs-no-one-asked-for that I did detailing how the Toa heights/body builds changed from 2015 to 2016? Anyone?

Since I tried to do that when the translated descriptions came out... I'd be open to that. It's also great that K&M is less Euros than MMvSG; I'm okay with it being the same cost USD.

So, after some LDD building and Excel tables here's the data I found. Hopefully I didn't get anything wrong.

Note that:

-The average Toa Inika build is, I believe, 29x11 M.

-A Hero Factory Breakout Hero (tallest vanilla Hero build) is 25x7 M or 25x9 M depending on the torso bone used.

Overall height

1)Tahu (27M)

2)Kopaka (26M)

3)Gali = Lewa (25M)

4)Onua (24M) <- straightened neck

5)Pohatu (23M)

1)Tahu (29M)

2)Kopaka (28M)

3)Onua = Gali (27M)

4)Lewa (26,5M)

5)Pohatu (26M)

Shoulder width

1)Onua (13M)

2)Tahu (11M) = Kopaka

3)Pohatu = Gali = Lewa (9M)

1)Onua (13M)

2)Tahu = Kopaka = Pohatu (11M)

3)Gali = Lewa (7M)

Onua, Tahu and Kopaka kept the same width. Pohatu's shoulders got wider, and Gali's and Lewa's got narrower.

But it's not over! You can get the height/shoulder ratio to get an idea of how the Toa body builds changed. You'd have to factor the shoulder height in too, especially for the 2015 Toa due to their gearbox, but that would become too complicated.

The higher the ratio, the more rectangular the Toa is (slender body), the lower it is the more squarish the Toa is (stocky body).

1)Gali = Lewa (2,78)

2)Pohatu (2,56)

3)Tahu (2,45)

4)Kopaka (2,36)

5)Onua (1,77)

1)Gali (3,86)

2)Lewa (3,79)

3)Tahu (2,64)

4)Kopaka (2,55)

5)Pohatu (2,36)

6)Onua (2,08)

So, Gali and Lewa l are consistent in their status as the most slender Toa and Onua does the same as the bulkiest Toa. Tahu and Kopaka get a bit more lithe only due to the

two modules added to their body. Pohatu is the only one who gets a bit wider/stronger looking (fitting his element, in my humble opinion).

Extra stuff

-Umarak is 29x11, just like Tahu

-Legs length: despite the different bone lengths and greater use of friction extenders, almost all Toa have kept the same leg length of their 2015 counterparts. The exceptions are Pohatu (1 Module longer) and Onua (2M longer).

However, since the new torso is 11M instead of 7M, all Toa have gotten taller of course.

TL,DR

Toa have mostly kept their body proportions and height differences intact, it's the new torso than makes them all look more slender and taller. So, the "Ekimu gave them new armour" explanation actually works pretty well. There certainly isn't any Kongu Inika -> Mahri (Hewkii got it pretty bad too, remember?) case here. More proof, AFAIC, that the designers aren't slapping random parts together and are instead working hard to stay faithful to the characters.

Edited by Shakar

More evidence of Kopaka and Melum being the equivalent of 25 Euro, at least in Europe, this time from Swiss shops:

1)Cheaper than MMvsSG

2)More expensive (every set got a markup), but still cheaper than MMvsSG

This somehow gives me some hope for the UK price of Kopaka and Melum.

Given last year's Toa and Protector prices, the UK prices SHOULD be as follows (I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't be this price though, given US prices haven't changed between the "classes" of set):

Creatures: £9.99

Small Toa: £12.99

Large Toa, Umarak: £14.99

TBH, Kopaka and Melum looks more like a £19.99 set to me, but it will probably be more like £24.99, the same price as MMvSG in the UK and equivalent to the price of 1 Creature and 1 Large Toa. I know loads of other people have said it, but the Unity set should really have had a trap at the very least...

But, I'm still looking forward to all these new sets... I've been told I might even get a Creature under my Christmas tree this year if I'm lucky :grin:

So, after some LDD building and Excel tables here's the data I found. Hopefully I didn't get anything wrong.

Note that:

-The average Toa Inika build is, I believe, 29x11 M.

-A Hero Factory Breakout Hero (tallest vanilla Hero build) is 25x7 M or 25x9 M depending on the torso bone used.

Overall height

1)Tahu (27M)

2)Kopaka (26M)

3)Gali = Lewa (25M)

4)Onua (24M) <- straightened neck

5)Pohatu (23M)

1)Tahu (29M)

2)Kopaka (28M)

3)Onua= Gali = Lewa (27M)

4)Pohatu (26M)

Shoulder width

1)Onua (13M)

2)Tahu (11M) = Kopaka

3)Pohatu = Gali = Lewa (9M)

1)Onua (13M)

2)Tahu = Kopaka = Pohatu (11M)

3)Gali = Lewa (7M)

Onua, Tahu and Kopaka kept the same width. Pohatu's shoulders got wider, and Gali's and Lewa's got narrower.

But it's not over! You can get the height/shoulder ratio to get an idea of how the Toa body builds changed. You'd have to factor the shoulder height in too, especially for the 2015 Toa due to their gearbox, but that would become too complicated.

The higher the ratio, the more rectangular the Toa is (slender body), the lower it is the more squarish the Toa is (stocky body).

1)Gali = Lewa (2,78)

2)Pohatu (2,56)

3)Tahu (2,45)

4)Kopaka (2,36)

5)Onua (1,77)

1)Gali = Lewa (3,86)

2)Tahu (2,64)

3)Kopaka (2,55)

4)Pohatu (2,36)

5)Onua (2,08)

So, Lewa and Gali are consistent in their status as the most slender Toa and Onua does the same as the bulkiest Toa. Tahu and Kopaka get a bit more lithe only due to the

two modules added to their body. Pohatu is the only one who gets a bit wider/stronger looking (fitting his element, in my humble opinion).

Extra stuff

-Umarak is 29x11, just like Tahu

-Legs length: despite the different bone lengths and greater use of friction extenders, almost all Toa have kept the same leg length of their 2015 counterparts. The exceptions are Pohatu (1 Module longer) and Onua (2M longer).

However, since the new torso is 11M instead of 7M, all Toa have gotten taller of course.

TL,DR

Toa have mostly kept their body proportions and height differences intact, it's the new torso than makes them all look more slender and taller. So, the "Ekimu gave them new armour" explanation actually works pretty well. There certainly isn't any Kongu Inika -> Mahri (Hewkii got it pretty bad too, remember?) case here. More proof, AFAIC, that the designers aren't slapping random parts together and are instead working hard to stay faithful to the characters.

2016 Lewa is actually half a module shorter than Onua and Gali due to his leg build.

In general, I think the Toa's proportions are alright, but I'm not too fond of the extra length in the torsos or the extra length in Onua's legs. The three smaller Toa end up with arms and/or legs that feel almost too short for their bodies, and Onua's lost his tunnel-dwarf proportions that I liked so much. I also wish that Onua could have still used the "XL" chest plate, as I feel like it did a lot to help him feel unique, and it should still be compatible with the new torso shell and torso beam. Guess that's an option to keep in mind for revamps...