VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Who said the beasts had to attach just to the back?

I think it'd be pretty sweet if the Beasts could break apart and armor up different parts of Umarak . Or, there's three beasts, right? One could be on his back and the other two on his legs or arms. Maybe each could split to more symmetrically give him armor?

GO-GO POWER RANGERS !!! Ahem, where was I ? Oh, right. 4658449fbc0e.jpga2119322ca94.jpg

Am I the only one hoping they go with this construction for Umarak and (maybe) Kopaka ? 'Cause that would be fracking awesome.

Am I the only one hoping they go with this construction for Umarak and (maybe) Kopaka ? 'Cause that would be fracking awesome.

Personally, I think there's too much going on there with the arm-swinging, waist rotating functions. If Kopaka is built that way though, I wouldn't be against it. I just think that's excessive. Personally speaking of course.

Also, there has been no month art for November from LEGO. I wonder why that is...

Edited by lambda_cla3391

GO-GO POWER RANGERS !!! Ahem, where was I ? Oh, right.

The new armor piece is visible in the club magazine with Umarak's torso build and Melum connects to Kopaka's back so there's no room for it. I believe Lewi just made it for fun and to showcase how it works and how much of an unneeded gimmick having both of those is.

That said, I present a challenge for Lewi to replicate one of those KK functions that when turned moves both waist and one arm https://img.bricklink.com/PL/50660c01pb01.jpg

Edited by GK733

Also, there has been no month art for November from LEGO. I wonder why that is...

That's not much considering they usually release the art late. November should be the Month of Earth right?

I think the creatures clipping the Toa's backs appears to work pretty nicely. Having to take apart and re-assemble one or both sets would be fun in terms of building but tedious in terms of role-play — you'd be pretty much limited to playing with EITHER the combined form OR the base form since you'd have to completely stop the action any time you wanted to combine or separate the characters.

I also think the "power up" gimmick works a LOT better here than it did for the Matoran back in 2008. Instead of the Toa and Makuta just seeming like Matoran babysitters giving free piggy-back rides in the middle of a battle, the creatures actually become new armor and gear for the Toa. The Toa are visibly enhanced by the combination feature, rather than seemingly burdened.

GO-GO POWER RANGERS !!! Ahem, where was I ? Oh, right. 4658449fbc0e.jpga2119322ca94.jpg

Thanks for the complete lack of any form of credit. It's always nice to see your work posted with absolutely no indication that you made it, and hosted on a completely different site.

Edited by Logan McOwen

That's not much considering they usually release the art late. November should be the Month of Earth right?

I checked when they releasethose artworks. Tahu was August1st, Pohatu was September 2nd, Lewa was October 2nd...that does not seem to show that they release the art late into the month at all.

Thanks for the complete lack of any form of credit. It's always nice to see your work posted with absolutely no indication that you made it, and hosted on a completely different site.

Ahem.

I checked when they releasethose artworks. Tahu was August1st, Pohatu was September 2nd, Lewa was October 2nd...that does not seem to show that they release the art late into the month at all.

Maybe they wanted it to get a little delayed because of the mask contest winner announcement? That, or they just simply forgot to upload it :s

Jesus christ. Do you have it in for me or something? Practically every time you've replied to me on this site, you've either been sarcastic or needlessly rude. P*** off with it man, it's just sad.

Edited by Logan McOwen

Jesus christ. Do you have it in for me or something? Practically every time you've replied to me on this site, you've either been sarcastic or needlessly rude. P*** off with it man, it's just sad.

This is not the place to handle this, please keep such discussion to private messaging. It is not relevant to the topic and certainly not going to go in a pleasant direction.

Umarak's mask looks very detailed. However, we have no silver masks that we can use for Toa MOCs, so far.

Ironically enough, all the villain masks that we have are silver/gunmetal, yet we don't have any Toa masks in those colours.

Kinda annoying, since I know that a lot of people want silver masks for hero characters, rather than for villain characters.

Time flies quickly - before you know it as there will be new sets BIONICLE®.

What adventures await our heroes?

cBC2l1ttjk8.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a tease for the reveal.

Edited by GK733

Well, I think it's about time they officially show us the new sets. January is already pretty close and about every other line has already had their 2016 sets revealed.

I bet it's yet another pic of Tahu. Kopaka if we're lucky.

And I'm not sure if Umarak's mask is silver. It's true some colours changed, but it's been mostly about making some colour schemes more coherent (like Lewa's and Uxar's tr bright green blades). But Umarak's colour scheme mainly revolves around black and tr. bright green, so a tr. green/silver mask wouldn't make much sense for him. I think it's just the lighting (coming from his and Tahu's swords clashing).

And I still kinda hope the cheaper Toa end up with silver masks. The transparent colours coupled with silver look sooo nice.

EDIT: Added the stuff from the previous post.

Edited by Shakar

Well, I think it's about time they officially show us the new sets. January is already pretty close and about every other line has already had their 2016 sets revealed.

Agreed. I think the wait's been long enough!

Ok so....someone on TTV posted these hi-res versions of the Italian store images of Lewa and Pohatu. I feel that the details are much more clearly seen than in the old leaks.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Better edit that post. Based on what went down in the Nexo Knights topic, the mods don't want us posting those images. As much as I like seeing sets ahead of time, it's good to see they're taking this seriously.

Wow, that's totally Lewa's Nuva symbol on his chest, but I can't quite see it on the others.

Wow, that's totally Lewa's Nuva symbol on his chest, but I can't quite see it on the others.

Oh they're all there..for some reason Lewa's symbol is much bigger than those of the other Toa. Gali's is orange, Onua's, Pohatu's, and Kopaka's are grey...I'm not sure why...and Tahu's is incorporated into his blue design.

Oh they're all there..for some reason Lewa's symbol is much bigger than those of the other Toa. Gali's is orange, Onua's, Pohatu's, and Kopaka's are grey...I'm not sure why...and Tahu's is incorporated into his blue design.

Remember, those are prelim. Prints could potentially change as easily as part colors can. I don't remember what color the Nuva symbol on Kopaka was... either grey/silver or dark blue, but I don't recall exactly.