VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

The only real positive stickers have is for MoCists. I MoC on a frequent basis, so I greatly enjoy the option to have the piece printed or unprinted depending on my preference at that time.

For people that just like to display and pose their sets, though, I can imagine stickers being nothing more a chore.

See, I get that, being a MoCist myself, but I find the cons far outweigh the "Well you don't have to use them" factor, myself.

Stickers get more damaged over time and are a pain to put on.

Printings are there without any trouble and get less damaged I guess.

For MOCers, stickers can simply not be put on, but printings can be removed easily leaving a clean piece as well. (Using a simple eraser found on a pencil or similiar)

I think prints have overall more pros than cons.

Edited by Tahu136

I just find stickers to be a pain in the behind to apply. It's not a fun or remotely enjoyable part of the building experience.

At least when you use stickers, you don't need to figure out how to remove the printing on a part when you want to use it in other MOCs. :tongue:

Stickers get more damaged over time and are a pain to put on.

That depends on what type of stickers you will apply. You don't need to apply the stickers quickly after finish built a set. Just be patient, slowly confirm the place you want to apply it and apply the stickers slowly on the part you want to apply it. The condition of the surface that you'll apply the sticker will also affect the durability of the sticker.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

For me, stickers are generally fun to apply. Plus, in many themes they allow for a wider range of decorations on a wider range of surfaces without driving the price up. Printing tends to be used sparingly, and chiefly for parts that will be appearing in multiple sets and on surfaces that will be printed in multiple sets. For instance, a Technic beam/liftarm has never been printed, so if you want to have a decoration on a part like that, a sticker is mandatory.

There are also other uses of stickers that can't be achieved through printing. Printing can be done with metallic inks but it can't achieve a mirror-like reflective surface. But a sticker printed on metallic foil can. Sometimes stickers can also allow for more colors on certain surfaces than the LEGO Group's printing machines can allow. And the colors of stickers tend to be bold and vibrant, whereas printing can appear faded when printing a light color against a dark surface unless it's printed in multiple coats.

There are times when stickers frustrate me, of course. I don't like having to apply a round sticker that doesn't have any markings to help you line it up right, especially if the shape of its edges don't match the shape of the part it's being applied to (like the classic space stickers on the tail fins of Benny's Spaceship). Also, naturally, applying a sticker to a part it's not likely to stay attached to like a 1x1 round brick is bad news. And STAMPs (Stickers Across Multiple Pieces) are awful, full stop. But overall, I'm quite fond of stickers, and their potential in MOCs has little to do with it.

Wow. The TTV podcast admins can be a pain in the a$$. A bunch of jerks. That's why I prefer eurobricks or BZpower.

Edit by Hinckley: The tone of this post has been addressed (below). Please stop reporting it. Thank you.

Wow. The TTV podcast admins can be a pain in the a$$. A bunch of jerks. That's why I prefer eurobricks or BZpower.

Not just the admins though.....

I guess there's no bionicle at nycc lol rats!

There's no need to demean other communities and considering the number of reports I've gotten, your fellow Eurobricks members don't care to see it either. Please be more constructive in the future. Thank you.

I'm honestly thinking of doing that Journey to Netflix Poster contest just to see some more sweet, sweet Bionicle 2015 concept art. I think I might incorporate some elements from my projects into the redesigned Toa.

I'm honestly thinking of doing that Journey to Netflix Poster contest just to see some more sweet, sweet Bionicle 2015 concept art. I think I might incorporate some elements from my projects into the redesigned Toa.

Poster contest?

so, is there any official pictures found in lego cache yet? you know, considering the other themes already got them pictures....

so, is there any official pictures found in lego cache yet? you know, considering the other themes already got them pictures....

Nothing I've seen, I tried every reference for next year, but then I might be doing it wrong.

That might possibly imply a February release in order to pave the way for the TFA Ultrabuilds.

That might possibly imply a February release in order to pave the way for the TFA Ultrabuilds.

The retailer catalog says they launch in January. :def_shrug:

Oooh booy, what did I spawn with a 1-line post while I was at the counter. :laugh:

To me, applying stickers isn't a big deal, especially since I really like the designs Kopaka got on his upper legs, and Onua would've been terribly bland with a huge featureless chest.

The main reason I support them is because the print often ends up making a recolour half moot, like Jango's sand blue 6M shells or the other Toa' gold, silver and dark orange chests. Meanwhile Kopaka's white shells and Onua's black Hulk chest didn't have to suffer this.

I do support print if the part is in a old colour, like Gali's or one of the Skeletons' titanium metallic chests. Printing is ideal, yes, but I just don't see stickers as devil incarnate like some seem to do.

Ah yeah, true. Then it's kind of odd- maybe they're going to put them in the following days? The SW Battle Figures (CCBS) and System sets aren't up yet either, though that might be due to Lego's anti-spoiler policy. Really want to see what they did BTW, since most of those figures supposedly are 25 Euro.

So J2G and CM4Sci, digged 2016 pics up, why you weren't able to find Friends, Elves, AB or Bionicle though?

So J2G and CM4Sci, digged 2016 pics up, why you weren't able to find Friends, Elves, AB or Bionicle though?

Because they weren't on the servers. I'm checking very frequently.

2016 poster posted in the new Bionicle Mask Challenge video

Tahu is flying above the other Toas.

21917392100_b950c42e8c_z.jpg

22115632801_ea959fa491_z.jpg

Edited by KonohiGerm

Odd, that MoCo looks quite different from the one in the catalog. The horns are much smaller and so is the beard. I wish we could have short beard+big horns like the animated version.

But it is possible that this one might actually be the final version.