VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Ah nice, I haven't ben browsing the TTV since this morning. Neat work.

Onua looks cool. Very massive. I can't help but notice all Toa so far (Pohatu can't be seen clearly) have their torso and chest in the same colour. It's not the SW torso, but maybe it is a whole piece after all. Yet that chest is so similar to the Superhero chest piece.

I'm dissapointed that they decided to remove yellow from Gali. It was a nice throwback to the Sub/Scuba Slizer, as well as making her color scheme more vibrant and interesting.

On the other hand, Lewa looks awesome - his new Kanohi mask is a big improvement over the 2015 version.

Lewa is amazing. From what I can see of Tahu, he's coated in gold :hmpf_bad: Glad that the Toa are going to have similar builds to their Masters forms but are still different, but I'm disappointed with Onua.

can someone repost the photos here? I can't seem to find them

The answer is "no, that's against the site rules". But TTV has posted them—they don't get support from Lego, and when they do want some of the privileges that come from that (like the tickets to last year's official reveal at NYCC) they just piggyback off other rule-following sites.

Edited by Lyichir

Wow, I love that chest piece. It looks like the super heroes torso add on combined with the SW piece. Beautiful. And Umarak actually looks like he'll be useful for MOCcing. And while Gali's orange shoulder plate sadly enough appears to be the Vorox one, the blended version of the Skull armor is lovely, especially considering the fact that Gali's using proper tr. blue rather than tr. light blue this year. Plus, Gali's giant spear sword is ridiculously awesome, while Lewa's double lime swords are pretty as can be. And the fact that Umarak appears to use the bear trap creature's pieces as shoulder armor is just perfect. Plus, is that dark red I see?

EDIT: You can see Umarak's secondary weapon peaking up next to his head on the right side of the picture. It appears to be either a scythe or a sword, with the end jutting out near his armpit region on the left of the picture.

EDIT: And he has a third weapon: a club or dagger thing hanging off of his thigh.

EDIT: Not 100% relevant, but I've come up with an explanation for every character with gappy legs or similar, like Umarak. The way it works is like a biomechanical version of a rat trap fish's jaw.

EDIT: Aaaand Onua looks ridiculously awesome. His weapon is just...it is the best. It's a minigun drill hammer. I think Korgot has been educating Onua in the ways of "victory by means of superior firepower" (for those of who are wondering what I'm talking about, my headcanon explains Korgot's decision to build a minigun into her body as gun nut tendencies likely to make an actual head cannon seem like a good idea).

Edited by DraikNova

EDIT: You can see Umarak's secondary weapon peaking up next to his head on the right side of the picture. It appears to be either a scythe or a sword, with the end jutting out near his armpit region on the left of the picture.

Pretty sure that's an illusion created by his shoulder armor and the chain dangling off him.

Liking what I see s far. The toa look more... menacing somehow.

Lewa: Glad he's ditched the keetorange. Mask looks cooler too. Not sure what the heck those weapons are supposed to be though.

Gali: Kinda glad the yellow's gone too. I like my colour schemes main colour + monochrome. So the "rhotuka esque" thing is a decorative propeller; makes sense. Like what I can see of the new mask.

Pohatu: Retains most of his 2015 look. Mask is a bit more angular. Like the silver Vorox armour. can't really say much more about him.

Umarak: Dear god; those are some ugly antlers. the legs aren't exactly good looking either. Glad he has a black mask as opposed to just a gold one. Seems to reuse skull slicer's torso armour.

I feel like the vorox armour may be a place holder at this stage. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by Timeline15

• Gali stole Umbra weapon xD
  • still that same CCBS parts from 2011 (especially foots in silver!),
  • Umarak looks terrible, just bunch of parts, in holes in his legs birds could fly, he is bad like Scorpio, and so bad set must have the best mask of course (MoCr), and for sure he don't have Warrior bow,
  • too much silver!!!, I know Toa Nuva had silver armor, but here is too much (I assume Toa of Silver Pohatu mast selling well),
  • so Toa lost masks, Ekimu made new, but he hide golden versions and Toa must find them?,
  • and creme de la mer, Hair clips are spiders replacement xD

• Umarak looks terrible, just bunch of parts, in holes in his legs birds could fly, he is bad like Scorpio, and so bad set must have the best mask of course (MoCr), and for sure he don't have Warrior bow,

I quite disagree, I think Umarak looks great. The gaps in his legs are regrettable, yes, but many titan-sized figures seem to have those. I'm sure they can be MOCced out. And while no set is without flaws, none of his seem comparable to Scorpio's issues.

Based on this picture alone, I'm quite excited to pick him up.

Okay, now that we have examples of many of the sets I am getting very excited for this series. I was at first apprehensive at first about the 'feathery' look and other rumors like the SW torso and no gearboxes. However, now that we have seen info fleshed out. I really love the theme of hunting versus unification. The Skull-Spider-expy-bear-trap-bugs look very sick, as does Umarak. The Toa themselves look even more like a unified team of individuals, and even though the Unification gimmick seems to be more along the lines of the Phantoka than a full-on combo model, I am also excited to see that in the flesh. Thank you to TwistLaw, CM4Sci, and Itaria for sharing all this information.

The 4chan leaks must have a different source from ours, I didn't share my pictures with anybody.

Still, don't they use the same torso SW used? It's getting a bit confusing...

The descriptions said that Umarak had brown in it... but having had a peek at the prelims, I swear that it's dark red. Or are my eyes deceiving me, because I've wanted the large barb in a red colour for YEARS... :look:

Still, don't they use the same torso SW used? It's getting a bit confusing...

They do not use the same torso that SW used... these Bionicle torsos are quite different shapes from the SW torsos. Compare the top half of both the torso shells :wink:

Woah leaks,

Couple of things to point out:

Gali: her should armor is the skull grinder knee piece in two colors!

Lewa: i think his weapons are supposed to be tonfas

Pohatu: u can notice the chain under lewa but i cant make out whats it connected too

Long day out, come back to pics. But not just any pics, but Bionicle mother-*sam jackson* 2016 pics. Umarak's legs<3, and Skrall armor?! What?! Now excuse me while I go weep tears of joy. Also that Ikar(?) is tall on Tahu.

These leaks look great!(along with the sketches) Is Umarak bigger than this years toa? I think he isn't bigger, if not just a more complex build. There is also a sketch of tahu on the TTV boards now, since no one mentioned him.

Guys, I managed to get some screenshots and leaked images of the 2016 sets. I won't post them here, but if you guys want the link ask me. However I will give a brief description of what I saw.

First off Umrak (?) the hunter. He has a very complex build, using sistem, CCBS, and technic pieces. He has some big antlers and a bow similar to skull warriors, only difference being that its a lot bigger. His color scheme is also VERY odd, using brown, black, trans green, and splashes of red. It's also worth noting his overall build is like Kulta+Ekimu+scorpio combiner.

Gali uniter of water: I cannot tell if she has a special torso different from all the others, her mask althought blurry looks like its trans azure. She as well as the other toa have a new mold for the chest. Her main weapon looks like a spear and it appears it has some sort of rhotuka spinner function, although it could just be a proppeler for the looks. Her mask looks fairly similar to the one we have for the moment, just a bit rounder.

Lewa uniter of air: Lewa does not have the keetorange anymore, he now uses bits of silver and translucent green. His mask in my opnion looks fantastic, looking similar to the most recent one but with a bit of his nuva mask inspiration with a sleek look. His weapons look cool, but are oddly held by him, they are silver spears with a tiny ammount of trans bright green, but are held like kopakas shield from 2015. Its worth noting they all come with a new golden mask.

Pohatu uniter of stone: not much can be said from him other than his mask look. It looks fairly similar to the one he currently has in the webisodes, but slightly rounder, he does posses a bit of trans neon green.

I will post the link here if it doesnt cause any toruble, since it still has the confidential stamp. If its not an issue I will gladly provide you with pics.

EDIT: Both toa and The hunter use old bionicle pieces, the easiest one to spot is the vizorak leg piece used in one of the hunters leg connections.

Edited by Hawkeye616

Guys, I managed to get some screenshots and leaked images of the 2016 sets. I won't post them here, but if you guys want the link ask me. However I will give a brief description of what I saw.

First off Umrak (?) the hunter. He has a very complex build, using sistem, CCBS, and technic pieces. He has some big antlers and a bow similar to skull warriors, only difference being that its a lot bigger. His color scheme is also VERY odd, using brown, black, trans green, and splashes of red. It's also worth noting his overall build is like Kulta+Ekimu+scorpio combiner.

Gali uniter of water: I cannot tell if she has a special torso different from all the others, her mask althought blurry looks like its trans azure. She as well as the other toa have a new mold for the chest. Her main weapon looks like a spear and it appears it has some sort of rhotuka spinner function, although it could just be a proppeler for the looks. Her mask looks fairly similar to the one we have for the moment, just a bit rounder.

Lewa uniter of air: Lewa does not have the keetorange anymore, he now uses bits of silver and translucent green. His mask in my opnion looks fantastic, looking similar to the most recent one but with a bit of his nuva mask inspiration with a sleek look. His weapons look cool, but are oddly held by him, they are silver spears with a tiny ammount of trans bright green, but are held like kopakas shield from 2015. Its worth noting they all come with a new golden mask.

Pohatu uniter of stone: not much can be said from him other than his mask look. It looks fairly similar to the one he currently has in the webisodes, but slightly rounder, he does posses a bit of trans neon green.

I will post the link here if it doesnt cause any toruble, since it still has the confidential stamp. If its not an issue I will gladly provide you with pics.

EDIT: Both toa and The hunter use old bionicle pieces, the easiest one to spot is the vizorak leg piece used in one of the hunters leg connections.

Thanks, but 1.) we've already been discussing those in the 2016 topic, 2.) this is the 2015 topic, and 3.) it's against the rules to post confidential pics here at Eurobricks...

Just a heads up!

Those sets look incredible! I'm very excited and I look forward to seeing Onua. I love the new pieces and Umarak is very cool. I also like the little Venus flytrap creatures.

I can't tell if they're remolds to feature the double bar connection of other add-ons or the piece as-was. Lewa's weapon inconveniently obscures where the pin holes would/should be...

I'm pretty convinced that they are the same mold as they used to be. Look at Pohatu's shoulders. ( And ahmergerd Gali! She has one in gold! )