VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

You know, I just realized: Umarak - M, A, K, U, R, A

MAKUTA! *oh2*

Probably just coincidence but interesting none the less.

On the topic of mask powers... NO. I. DONT. WANT. THAT. AT. ALL. NEW. GENERATION. NEW. RULES. GET. OVER. IT. (why am I typing like this? :grin: )

I always though most of the G1 mask powers were stupid and then some became obsolete (Miru). I kinda like the Elemental Masks. It's fresh and different.

Mask powers are already confirmed to exist in this universe, it is unknown if they will ever be used but I personally hope they will since the masks are too connected to the characters now and restrict MOCing.

Yeah, the description of the Forge of the Mask Makers on the site already mentions some of the old ones "and a thousand other miraculous powers".

Are the descriptions of the sets posted on 4chan yet?

Not yet, even if he does speak the truth given the person he's asking them from isn't familiar with Lego at all so I wouldn't expect hearing anything besides their type and colors.

I'd be just content with some colours and/or hints of the Creatures' species, for now.

Anyone wonders if all six Toa are going to reuse the gearbox or if some might dare something more experimental like Basher and his function?

Am I the only one wondering if the creatures are just larger versions of the small animals featured in each "Month of..." picture?

Wasn't it confirmed that the new order stormtroopper will see release in January.

Could this mean that they will push the next years Bionicle release at least to February to avoid them cannibalizing sales?

Wasn't it confirmed that the new order stormtroopper will see release in January.

Could this mean that they will push the next years Bionicle release at least to February to avoid them cannibalizing sales?

I could see that happening. That's not entirely a bad thing, it seems that these Star Wars figures have caught more attention than (at least I) expected. Perhaps by getting people into CCBS through the Star Wars figures, they could find themselves getting into Bionicle too.

I started CCBS collecting with the Chima Ultrabuilds. I got a bit addicted to the CCBS system, so I ended up getting into Hero Factory, too.

Edited by TFGuy89

I know, but usually when there are no posts between my messages it usally compacts them into a single one. Dunno why it didn't do the trick this time.

The fourm only combines messages that are posted within a 15 minute timeframe of eachother.

Am I the only one wondering if the creatures are just larger versions of the small animals featured in each "Month of..." picture?

That has been speculated, though given the designs of the animals on the 'month of...' seem very non-ccbs (Some looking organic) it would be difficult for Lego to transition those into set form.

Anway, IT LOOKS LIKE someone might be leaking in the next 5 hours the descriptions of the 2016 BIONICLE sets.

The source is /toy/, 4chan, and since the Nekchir fiasco I'd rather be waiting before hyping.

Now that I've informed you let the usual discussion continue.

With this sort of situation its normally best waiting till they actually post something. There are a lot of occasions where someone says they will have information and then never follow-through and given the anonymous nature of 4chan its likely the same has happened here. So, thanks for informing, but nothing to really discuss unless they follow-through and even then we would'nt have proof unless the provided pics which seems unlikely.

Yeah, the scorpion from the Month of Stone is what got me thinking about it. It'd be pretty easy to make that into a LEGO creature. And there's no reason for them to not just take the basic design and approximate that with CCBS.

Edited by DraikNova

Only thing that makes me doubt about Ketar (..yes, had to look it up. I'm not used to memorize Bionicle names anymore : / ) being a a scorpion is that arachnids -along insects- are always potrayed as villians in Lego themes. If there's some exception you can think of, please correct me.

So, I think Ketar is going to be another tradional desert animal, like a kangaroo or an armadillo. And while a kangaroo might be better for Pohatu, I really want to see an armadillo. Shell that turns into a shield for Pohatu?

Only thing that makes me doubt about Ketar (..yes, had to look it up. I'm not used to memorize Bionicle names anymore : / ) being a a scorpion is that arachnids -along insects- are always potrayed as villians in Lego themes. If there's some exception you can think of, please correct me.

So, I think Ketar is going to be another tradional desert animal, like a kangaroo or an armadillo. And while a kangaroo might be better for Pohatu, I really want to see an armadillo. Shell that turns into a shield for Pohatu?

An armadillo-like creature would be AMAZING.

From 4chan:

hey guys i posted here about asking that girl about the retail catalog

really sorry to tell u guys they dont have it any more :(

So whatever the case we come up empty handed, again.

From What I've get isn't there two kinds of catalogs though? The skull leaks certainly looked different to the last years catalog leak.

Edited by GK733

Overall, I can't help but feel like the new wave is going to make a lot of people happy no matter what species the creatures are. After all, one of the big criticisms of this year's sets and story compared to the classic sets from 2001–2003 is that there is not a lot of wildlife, with the only animal sets being monsters like the Skull Spiders and Skull Scorpios. The 2016 range, with at least six creatures and three beasts, seems like it will change that. With that diversity of wildlife coupled with a "hunter" as a villain, I think nature will be a central theme to next year's story.

There are some story-related things I can't help but wonder about, like whether the creatures will be one-of-a-kind legendary creatures or common ones. I can imagine the story for the year working out nicely either way, but making them common creatures could give the sets more "army-building" (or I guess more like herd/flock/pack-building) potential. Depending on what kind of parts they use, people could even potentially create palette swaps of them to create a more diverse range of wildlife.

Edited by Aanchir

From 4chan:

So whatever the case we come up empty handed, again.

From What I've get isn't there two kinds of catalogs though? The skull leaks certainly looked different to the last years catalog leak.

I don't recall getting BIONICLE leaks from a catalog last year, only boxes from a site.

Well I certainly wasn't on a bandwagon for wanting more creatures of any kind, but as long as there aren't a lot of spiders/scorpions I'm up for it.

I really want to see an armadillo. Shell that turns into a shield for Pohatu?

My thoughts exactly, right down to the shell-shield.

Also, I've been thinking about Kopaka and Melum and how the sets will look. I really hope Melum doesn't cheat Kopaka out of parts. It felt like that was the case with Ekimu and Kulta where Ekimu got a nice filled-in design and Kulta was a little... empty (yeah, he's a skeleton, but let's face it. He's pretty bland in terms of build). But that's mainly due to Ekimu being more like a small $15 set and Kulta being a large $15 set.

Basically, I just hope the sizes of the sets are well divided. Melum as a $10 set and Kopaka at $20.