VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

You can't assume LEGO doesn't have a problem with it. It took LEGO a while to respond to the set list, and that was on the front page of several sites. This discussion in a subforum could just be going under their radar.

You can't assume LEGO doesn't have a problem with it. It took LEGO a while to respond to the set list, and that was on the front page of several sites. This discussion in a subforum could just be going under their radar.

So again we return to the realm of uncertainty. Does Lego know? We don't know.

Gonna keep on discussing the new sets, though. Or, well, reading the discussion.

You know, just once i'd like us to get through a leak season without everyone debating whether there should even be leaks at all. It's a fact of 21st century life, and however you or lego may feel about it, they'll keep happening. And if the sets are so non-final, I'm boggled by the fact that lego would send those pics to their retailers, when, if they're so preliminary, descriptions would be more than sufficient. I'm not saying that this justifies the leaking, I'm just wondering why lego bothers with leakable pics at such an early stage at all.

Can the drama please stop? It's extremely off-topic. This is for 2016 Set Discussion and Rumors, not whatever this argument is. It is what it is, please don't carry it on anymore. :P

Edited by Tarvaxx

Can the drama please stop? It's extremely off-topic. This is for 2016 Set Discussion and Rumors, not whatever this argument is. It is what it is, please don't carry it on anymore. :P

Okay. :x

As for something on-topic, reading all these details has me considering if I'll have two seperate teams of Toa, or because they're so similar (thus far) simply use them to enhance my existing team as I did with each HF release.

I'm probably going to turn my current Toa into parts, and then display the 2016 Toa, because it sounds like they'll look more aesthetically pleasing. I'm also happy about them getting new masks. Tahu's current mask is so.. square, and the eyes. Ugh, the eyes are very meh. An update is much appreciated. XD

Edited by Tarvaxx

I have to say, the creature discriptions have me really excited.

Trans Purple shells on Onua and Apple Green on Lewa makes me happy from a moccist standpoint, but the removal of Keetorange from Lewa makes me kinda sad. I will keep hope that Lego knows what they are doing with that, and if worst comes to worst, I can switch pieces around. (I'll probably do that anyway)

I'm probably going to turn my current Toa into parts, and then display the 2016 Toa, because it sounds like they'll look more aesthetically pleasing. I'm also happy about them getting new masks. Tahu's current mask is so.. square, and the eyes. Ugh, the eyes are very meh. An update is much appreciated. XD

Agreed. I don't own the current toa for this reason. I feel hopeful that the next wave will still appeal to the nostalgia of mata and nuva but with better armor proportions and weapons since they will have more molds to work with than 2015. Honestly it only takes a good kopaka tahu and lewa to convince me. I hope kopakas mask is evolved to look even cooler with the eyepiece.

Since the new chest armor add-ons won't have printing, I wonder if they'll have some sort of design molded in? If so... what would it be? I mean, I guess they could leave it plain, but that would be BORING.

Edited by Tarvaxx

Since the new chest armor add-ons won't have printing, I wonder if they'll have some sort of design molded in? If so... what would it be? I mean, I guess they could leave it plain, but that would be BORING.

If the chest piece is flat like the one we have now I doubt they won't print it. From last year's preliminaries only Tahu had print anyways. But if the chest piece has now more detailed texture and is less flat they might not get printed.

For crying out loud people. Why did we have to gain about three pages worth just bickering about copyright? We've discussed in a hundred times before. Can we please just move on and start discussing what we think the builds will look like?

And people do post exerpts, and even entire scripts, online as well. But a script is not a movie. Just like a description is not an image.

Also, this is kind of a strange comparison, considering that the movie would be the equivalent of the actual set, which leads to the conclusion that script=instructions or pictures.

At any rate, I hope they bother to give Ketar eight legs rather than six.

Edited by DraikNova

For crying out loud people. Why did we have to gain about three pages worth just bickering about copyright? We've discussed in a hundred times before. Can we please just move on and start discussing what we think the builds will look like?

Also, this is kind of a strange comparison, considering that the movie would be the equivalent of the actual set, which leads to the conclusion that script=instructions or pictures.

At any rate, I hope they bother to give Ketar eight legs rather than six.

Being a $10 set, I am just hoping Ketar has at least 6 limbs instead of 4....

So....I guess that's done with then. I refuse to believe that LEGO has gotten rid of the keetorange on Lewa until they release the actual set. Also really disappointed that there may be less transparent coloured pieces...thankfully I bought the first six Toa..so I need only purchase one of two from this next line.

I'd imagine that would likely be the case; I'm skeptical that we'll get a Protector-size Makuta at all, but I sincerely hope we do. A 2-pack would be the most logical way to go. Wonder who they'd package him with, though...

I'd imagine that would likely be the case; I'm skeptical that we'll get a Protector-size Makuta at all, but I sincerely hope we do. A 2-pack would be the most logical way to go. Wonder who they'd package him with, though...

If they want to avoid the seventh toa a creature would be fitting. A really evil looking horse or dragon are my guesses.

Mask Maker vs. Mask Hoarder, anyone?

I mean if he has to be packaged with a Toa sized character, wouldn't this work (that's if Ekimu really does get upgraded from his current state)?

Edited by Penkid11

I'm wondering what Terak could be. Moles don't have long claws, they have large, six-fingered hands with humongous palms. Maybe the taper of a mole's snout was misconstrued as a claw?

Well, I'd think we will be getting the Mask of Control next year in a set, and Makuta is designed with some decent detail in the animation, being how his hammer has a Kaiju fin and a small spike and armor and such. But I guess whether those details hint at a set or not will remain to be seen, I just think it's odd adding them... but then maybe it's not odd? Plus adding a set in some sort of promotion a year and a half prior to release of said set would be really untraditional.

As for what role his mask plays next year, maybe a new villain gains a hold of it and controls the wildlife, like 2001. If that's the case I want Rahi remakes in the summer...

@DraikNova not sure, maybe a crab? can't really think of other big-clawed burrowing animals that fit better than a mole, I just really want ussal crabs back.

@Timeline: Sure, Terak could be a crab, but where would the launcher go?

Now that I think about it, couldn't the projectile have been confused with actual claws?

@MakutaOfWar: It could be really interesting to see more monstrous creatures compared to the presumably sleek and stereotypically heroic-looking animals we'll get for the winter wave. Also, I think that the larger upper claw on Makuta's hammer is actually a Chima claw piece, rather than a kaiju fin.

Edited by DraikNova

@Timeline: Sure, Terak could be a crab, but where would the launcher go?

Now that I think about it, couldn't the projectile have been confused with actual claws?

@MakutaOfWar: It could be really interesting to see more monstrous creatures compared to the presumably sleek and stereotypically heroic-looking animals we'll get for the winter wave. Also, I think that the larger upper claw on Makuta's hammer is actually a Chima claw piece, rather than a kaiju fin.

Really? Is it non ultrabuild? XD I'm not really up to date on non-constraction pieces, my bad. And yeah, menacing creatures(animals/rahi) would be welcome, as we haven't seen something along those lines since 2011. Spiders DON'T COUNT. Lol

Edit: Looking at the animation again is the piece you're talking about the one used on Stormer 2013's sword, also on Frost Beast and Dragon Bolt?

Edited by MakutaOfWar