VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Of course she still has a gear function (yellow knobs on the back stick out like a sore thumb). But it's just one like 2015.

Huh, so I'm guessing she doesn't hold the spear-like weapon with both hands often then? Maybe only when she's not in her adrenaline mode?

Huh, so I'm guessing she doesn't hold the spear-like weapon with both hands often then? Maybe only when she's not in her adrenaline mode?

It could be set up in a way like skull slicer, so the arms swing in unison.

I must've describe it in a wonky way...Apologies. The weapon itself is 2 long staff axles with the new spear piece at the end. So she can holder it either way. Edited by Nekchir

OH! Okay cool. Does she seem to have a secondary function like an adrenaline mode of some sorts? Also, can you give me a slight idea on what the creature heads might look like?

Hey sorry to ask so many questions Nekchir but is Kopaka's sword anything like his original mata sword, double edged, or like a classic knights longsword, ala excalibur or something? Or is it more of a katana or cutlass?

Edited by Alex_South

OH! Okay cool. Does she seem to have a secondary function like an adrenaline mode of some sorts? Also, can you give me a slight idea on what the creature heads might look like?

Same deal with Lewa, must be a strange way.

I'm not dodging your question, but I may to study over the pics again. I'm not much of a MoCist, so they're pretty alien to me. The bird one in particular uses a new(?) upper 'beak' mold with those robot minifig arms with spikes at the end of 'em as a lower jaw.

I'm sad the new sets will have less trans colors it seems. I'm hoping Onua is still quite bulky and I like the sound of those drills. I'm also very happy to hear Lewa uses trans apple green in place of keetongorange.

Same deal with Lewa, must be a strange way.

I'm not dodging your question, but I may to study over the pics again. I'm not much of a MoCist, so they're pretty alien to me. The bird one in particular uses a new(?) upper 'beak' mold with those robot minifig arms with spikes at the end of 'em as a lower jaw.

Oh, so the faces are like, built out of several components similar to the faces of the 2001 Rahi. Niiiiice. Thanks for the info.

Oh, so the faces are like, built out of several components similar to the faces of the 2001 Rahi. Niiiiice. Thanks for the info.

Reminds me Christian Stuart.

I'm not sure if its been asked but how does Onua's mask look now? Is it sleeker like his '01 mask or..? Also, I can't remember if I ever got an answer to this one, but does Lewa get a more dome shaped mask and retain his trademarked smile? More importantly though... The scorpion has good looking tail... right? I hope its a yes...

I'm not sure if its been asked but how does Onua's mask look now? Is it sleeker like his '01 mask or..? Also, I can't remember if I ever got an answer to this one, but does Lewa get a more dome shaped mask and retain his trademarked smile? More importantly though... The scorpion has good looking tail... right? I hope its a yes...

Around the same size, he doesn't have that 'O' mouth anymore but instead the lower mask looks like a Gundam's face-guard without the vents and slightly squished back. Lewa's mask has that same 'ol grin, but the overall mask seems smaller and more 2008-ish but without the fins. (the mask lewa had with the vehicle)

Scorpion has uses a projectile as it's stinger with double joints.

G'night btw.

Edited by Nekchir

Around the same size, he doesn't have that 'O' mouth anymore but instead the lower mask looks like a Gundam's face-guard without the vents and slightly squished back. Lewa's mask has that same 'ol grin, but the overall mask seems smaller and more 2008-ish but without the fins. (the mask lewa had with the vehicle)

Scorpion has uses a projectile as it's stinger with double joints.

G'night btw.

Thanks for answering those last questions, see ya!

Wow, thanks for all this nekchir!

Did Q&A session still open? If so:

1) is there an image on the catalog page that implies that the small creature can be combined with the respective toa?

2) did onua's drill pierce through the heaven?

If you don't mind me asking:

Do any of the sets appear to use parts that originated in the SW ultrabuilds this year? Like the shoulder armour etc. I read that the leg armour isn't there, but am wondering if any of the other pieces make an appearance.

And what colour schemes do each of the sets use? Any sign of Dark Blue anywhere on any of the sets? (I've been wanting Dark Blue CCBS shells since 2012 and all we got was a lousy Skull Spider in that colour :tongue: )

(apologies if these have already been asked and answered, it's my birthday today and I'm in a bit of a rush to be in other places so haven't had time to read everything :grin: )

These are the only things I'm to say about the sets:

1. Creatures have unique builds.
  2. New brain color.
  3. Toa have new masks, evolutions of the old ones.
  4. No new feet.
  5. New chest piece and under-armor.
  6. Less trans-parts then 2015.
  7. Umarak is sleek and bulky.
  8. Each set comes with a special item.

Do the new toa masks resemble the kanohi nuva?

Thanks for all the answers! I have just one more question:

Does the Toa still have exposed balljoints in their torsos?

Does Melum look like a 15$ set or even 20$?

He's part of a combiner set with Kopaka, a la Ekimu and Kulta, Maxilos and Spinax, Vezon and Fenrakk, etc. Ekimu is a tad bit larger than Narmoto, and I'm fairly certain the two would almost balance each other out. And then you've got Spinax, who was definitely on the scale of a canister set but was definitely larger than, say, Ehlek. Chances are, Melum is going to gobble up a small bit of what "belongs" to Kopaka, but it shouldn't be too much. So he's probably going to be worth about $12-$15, give or take.

I love the choice of creatures. Part of me wonders how they'll incorporate Akida into land-based storylines, unless Akida is a lungish or similar creature. Also, I'm starting to wonder if Pohatu, with the claws and (...beware my) stinger tail will resemble those statues everyone seems obsessed with. Also, couldn't the special number indicating the retailer simply have a black box photoshopped over it?

Also, couldn't the special number indicating the retailer simply have a black box photoshopped over it?

Maybe it's a huge or repeating watermark, covering most of the image.

Wow. I'm loving how the sets sound. I wasn't sure of having the small sets be creatures at first (as that would've prevented getting new masks/mask recolours in my eyes), but the creature choices are for once (aside from the obligatory scorpion) original. A CCBS bird finally! And a wolf too! And the idea of combining the creatures with the Toa sounds way cool, reminds me of Power Rangers for some reason.

Not hyped about the blended weapons, I prefer fully metallic ones as they're far more versatile, but it depends how they look I guess.

Since they're packed together, I'm guessing Kopaka and Melum aren't a large figure (20 Euro)+small figure (10 Euro) Toa/creature couple like Onua/mole* and Tahu/bird* but more akin to two ≈15 Euro sets. Otherwise the point of a combo pack would be kind of defeated.

Umarak sounds, ahem, edgy, but a good type of edge it would seem, and his weapons sound more original than the usual staff or sword big bads usually wield. Plus he has no red for once, thankfully. I built a black and titanium metallic MOC, and he looks super evil (well, his colours do, I'm not going to brag about the MOC's looks), so I'm glad they're trying this colour scheme out.

But wow, this stuff better be real, boy I'm hyped.

So Nekchir, did all Toa keep their 2015 colours aside from Lewa? Does Onua introduce any new tr. purple parts? And do all 6 Toa+Umarak use the gearbox?

* I still don't remember the Creatures' names, nor the Protectors', I guess HF kinda made me lose the ability to memorize wierd names. :laugh:

Edited by Shakar

Maybe it's a huge or repeating watermark, covering most of the image.

Well, if it's like that, maybe he could trace the pics from the catalogue to avoid the watermark.

Also, since I'm here, what does Gali's new mask look like? Is it as dynamic and curved as the 2015 one?