VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

This may be second wave though.

I'm 99% sure these are first-wave set names. Not sure why every one thinks we're getting leaks of sets that will arrive a year from now. The leak confirming BIONICLE's return was incredibly early and still six months before release, no where close to a year.

Searching for Hunter on Lego shows "Product not Available" instead of "Page not found". Test it out. This 300% confirmed everything for me

Oooh more names I like. These are so much better than G1's post 2006 "Hey let's take English words and add a few Xs" stuff. Like Kulta (and the Protectors' names, to a lesser extent), they feel like names of MNOG Matoran.

On a sidenote, I'd like to see them try some toy concepts from G1 that were sadly axed (Toa of Shadow, Baterra, cyborg dinosaurs...).
Yup, I thought the same thing. More than the Baterra though, I'd like to see if they can reuse the Element Lords. Those would be awesome counterparts to the Toa.

Oh and come on guys, no way they're skipping Kopaka lol.

Edited by Shakar

Full list so far

Small sets (9.99 Euro)

71300 Uxar Creature of the Jungle

71301 Ketar Creature of Stone

71302 Akida Creature of Water

71303 Ikir Creature of Fire

71304 Terak Creature of Earth

Medium sets (14.99 Euro)

71305 Lewa Unifier of the Jungle

71306 Pohatu Unifier of Stone

71307 Gali Unifier of Water

Large sets (19.99 Euro)

71308 Tahu Unifier of Fire

71309 Onua Unifier of Earth

71310 Umarak the Hunter

Basically, like the 2015 Winter wave, minus LoSS and with Umarak replacing Kopaka as the third large set. It feels weird that they keep Onua as a large set while Kopaka either disappears or gets downgraded to a medium set (since I somehow doubt they'd make 4 large set in one wave). Aren't Ice sets supposed to be super popular?

Full list so far

Small sets (9.99 Euro)

71300 Uxar Creature of the Jungle

71301 Ketar Creature of Stone

71302 Akida Creature of Water

71303 Ikir Creature of Fire

71304 Terak Creature of Earth

Medium sets (14.99 Euro)

71305 Lewa Unifier of the Jungle

71306 Pohatu Unifier of Stone

71307 Gali Unifier of Water

Large sets (19.99 Euro)

71308 Tahu Unifier of Fire

71309 Onua Unifier of Earth

71310 Umarak the Hunter

Basically, like the 2015 Winter wave, minus LoSS and with Umarak replacing Kopaka as the third large set. It feels weird that they keep Onua as a large set while Kopaka either disappears or gets downgraded to a medium set (since I somehow doubt they'd make 4 large set in one wave). Aren't Ice sets supposed to be super popular?

In Hero Factory, protagonists oftentimes appeared alongside antagonists in the same waves.

Though I'd first assume it's a fluke that Kopaka has yet to be shown, there's also the chance that he'll be released in the summer 2016 wave.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

The absence of Kopaka is quite worrying, but I'm sure he'll show up as he was in the original list. Ice creature as well...

I want masks to be included in the creature sets, but not as their faces because I think that'll take away from the "Rahi" aesthetic. Perhaps something like LOSS with a creature and an accompanying mask. (But hopefully with better heads/faces than LOSS had)

I've tried 298, 299, 311 and 312 under both "uniter" and "unifier". Can't find him either.

I'm calling it, if he's a set he must be a titan and have a different title.

I've tried 298, 299, 311 and 312 under both "uniter" and "unifier". Can't find him either.

(bit weird for a first post, but w/e)

wouldn't/couldn't that just mean Kopaka might go under a different title?

"71311 Kopaka, Uniter of Ice vs. Badguy, Villain of Evil", something like that?

:wink:

http://shop.lego.com...r-of-ice-71311?

This gives some serious doubts...

Okay, fair enough. In the interest of being fair, that's not looking too good. Regardless, I can't think of a reason for him to have been listed in the initial source if he wasn't actually going to be in this wave. No other "Summer 2015" set candidates were listed there, just this wave in its entirety. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Okay, fair enough. In the interest of being fair, that's not looking too good. Regardless, I can't think of a reason for him to have been listed in the initial source if he wasn't actually going to be in this wave. No other "Summer 2015" set candidates were listed there, just this wave in its entirety. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Because he was listed in the original source, I agree with what others are saying in that he must be a $30 vs set. I see him facing off against some sort of evil creature? Or even a combo set, with him and Ekimu fighting skull spider-esque (in terms of size) enemies...

(bit weird for a first post, but w/e)

wouldn't/couldn't that just mean Kopaka might go under a different title?

"71311 Kopaka, Uniter of Ice vs. Badguy, Villain of Evil", something like that?

I agree...

(Also, is it just me, but does "Ikir" sound more ice related than fire related... I know the name isn't wrong, but it's just funny to me...

Edited by legozebra

My assumption is that this wave will involve these (possibly sentient) creatures being hunted by Umarak. I figure the Toa will have to protect them and may be able to combine with them a la 2008 matoran, hence the Unifier title. Hope that made sense.

What? No ghosts??? I'm astounded!

Don't exhale just yet, there's still the summer wave.

Also, is Akida a psychic who shall posses one of our Toa, perhaps?(if anybody gets this reference)

Edited by MakutaOfWar

What? No ghosts??? I'm astounded!

Never believed that but how the creatures will look shows if the 4chan leak was right.

It seems that way, but he was actually resurrected at Ekimu Tower as the Toa of Titanium, and then captured by Master Makuta to use as bait so the other Toa would enter his Tournament of Elements.

Er, on second thought, let's not jump to conclusions. He might be coming out later in the year as part of a co-pack or vehicle set.

And the toa of titanium was rescued by onua and conquer his fear and unleash his elemental dragon

Maybe Kopaka shares a set with the supposed Ice Creature a la MMvSG? It would be kind of strange, especially if the creatures are friendly (like I hope), but... :shrug_confused:

Neat finds. Uniter? Absolutely LOVE that as a title (although I'll probably have to stop using Masters as their team name, which'll make Aanchir happy =P). Glad they're not dropping that concept from the series, regardless.

And actual names! Cool.

Just to try and help/clarify the Kopaka situation, using the same search convention GK733 used for Kopaka, I was able to reach the "Product Not Available page" for each of the reported sets and numbers (e.g. tahu-uniter-of-fire-71308). With regards to kopaka, using the uniter term, I tested set numbers 71250-71299 and 71311-71400 (using the convention kopaka-uniter-of-ice-(NUMBER)) and none of those numbers returned me to the "Product not availble" page, but rather the "Page not found". Its likely to assume that either Kopaka is in a 2-pack with the set # 71311 and cant be confirmed without the name of the supposed "Ice creature". I also checked some of the numbers in that search range on the amazon link posted, and couldn't find any results. Just thought i'd post this to save anyone else from trying to look up those set number ranges.

-Star