Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

[OL - FB] The Turgut, 4A Xebec

The 4A Defender of Bastion was sent to be used in New Oleon, since the vessel couldn't even handle two smaller vessels. A suitable replacement vessel has come to fulfill role fresh from Rogian Sea along with a diverse crew featuring natives from the New Oleon region. No need to worry about their loyalties; they are all loyal to the king and gods.

100_6653.JPG

100_6649.JPG

100_6662.JPG

100_6684.JPG

The deck stayed studly mainly because I did not want to attempt too many advanced techniques with this type of vessel. The decks, stern, bow, and masts were hard enough to make sturdy. I don't have large enough material for large, lateen sails. I did find an art supply store that may have sail material I would like to use available in rolls. I just haven't had the opportunity. :grin:

I had used this large image for reference.

A really lovely Xebec Pred. The hull details are fantastic and the colour scheme works really well - especially the highlights (who would have thought, green and blue....!). I like that you managed to rake the masts. If I ever re-visit my Xebec I'll be sure to attempt this.

The crew themselves also look great - the mix of fleshies and yellow for different 'skin' colour here works and some of those combos are really cool!

Speaking of the crew, is New Olean populated by middle-eastern type people? I've been wondering for some time about the make up of the old world - very interesting.

That is a beautiful vessel! The shapel is superb. The sleek hull along with the angled poopdeck and the pointed bow are fanzastic and make this a very believable xebec. The mediterranian feel of the ship is supported by the well selected crew. I didn't know that New Oleon has such a cultural background. Good to know, now I have an explanation for my more exotic crew men.

Thank you for the complements. :pir-classic:

Speaking of the crew, is New Olean populated by middle-eastern type people? I've been wondering for some time about the make up of the old world - very interesting.

The mediterranian feel of the ship is supported by the well selected crew. I didn't know that New Oleon has such a cultural background. Good to know, now I have an explanation for my more exotic crew men.

I really have no idea if New Oleon, the surrounding area, and Rogian Sea have any correlation to the middle-east and the Mediterranean. :blush:

I never asked Ska. It just seemed right with the four factions having correlation to Europe, and New Oleon was in a similar area. :grin:

Great work on the long and narrow shape here, and I really like your choice of colors with the blue and dark green! The diamonds on the side are great too! :thumbup:

Woot! I love xebecs, and this one is excellent! The shape is wonderful, and you've properly angled the masts! There's a lot to take in here. Love it!

I just love this ship! Never thought that gray would look so sleek in a ship! I also love the exotic crew as i have always wanted to use those turbans and medieval coifs. Now gief me that tiler!!!!!

Great vessel !

Good colour choice. I've never think dark grey and blue could have done such good results.

I agree with Blackdeathgr on the crew. The exotic feel you gave to that crew is quite good. I like it.

Good job !

Phred, this is one hell of an awesome vessel. The shape, the parts you incorporated, the colors, the background story you gave her - just stunning default_wubnew.gif

I can only hope you get your hands on some sail material and decide to equip her with it.

Great job!

Thank you everyone for your complements. :pir-classic:

I like that you managed to rake the masts. If I ever re-visit my Xebec I'll be sure to attempt this.

For each mast, I had used two assemblies of

44224.jpg & 44225.jpg

to rake the masts. Each assembly is very rigid, and the use of two makes the raked masts even more solid solid. These click hinge assemblies were then attached to 1X10 technic beams, which were integrated to support the deck.

I really like your choice of colors with the blue and dark green!

I only have an old, crumby digital camera with terrible color balance. :cry_sad:

I would love to use dark green instead of dark bley. :cry_happy:

Now gief me that tiler!!!!!

Make your own tiller. :pir-tongue:

You want some ship wheels. Just stop by from Greece to the U.S. when you get a chance. I have a bunch of extra ones, seeing how I keep not using them for my ships. :pir-laugh:

Excellent ship Phred!

The shape is great and the use of the hinge panels is very creative! Did you model it after something real?

Thank you CGH.

Yes. :pir-wink:

I had used this large image for reference.

I love the Xebec - it has such a very rakish look, and a fascinating history of corsairs and pirates in exotic waters! Hence, it should come as no surprise that I love all the examples we see here, and this is yet another one for the hall of fame!

I love how the discreet, dark colours are offset with dark accents in green and purple, and the hull just has the right shapes, including that overhanging stern and the long beakhead.

The rigging is very good too, and I love the rake of the foremast.

The addition of an exotic crew from New Oleon is a nice touch too, Well done!

I really like that "dull" style of it with the colour choices, it really has a unique appearance. Great execution of the whole ship!