Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O - G10] Catching up with Odus Dillberg

Tags: Civil Building, Science

Planet: Onix

//"This is Dr. Martenz contacting the O.C.S. Axle. Please Direct me to Dr. Long's office."//

27327796366_3ddba5a365_z.jpgDrMartenz by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

27270245701_98472a7aea_z.jpgCatching up with Odus by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Odus: "This is Dr. Long's Office, Odus Dillberg speaking."

Dr. Martenz: "Hi. Look, I've got a very tight schedule, so I'm going to make this quick. Transfer me directly to Dr. Long. This is Dr. Martenz, from pathology, and I urgently need to speak with her."

Odus: "Ooh. Sorry, I'm afraid that's simply not possible."

Dr. Martenz: "What?!"

Odus: "Yeah. She's on sabbatical at the moment. I'm currently managing the administrative side of things on the Axle, and Dr. Black is running the sciency stuff."

Dr. Martenz: "Kodan Black?!"

Odus: "Yeah, that's the one! Fine chap, very nice."

Dr. Martenz: "... Kodan... Black?"

Odus: "Yep!"

Dr. Martenz: "Ok. Ha ha. Now please, transfer me to Dr. Long. I know she doesn't take sabbaticals. She's never missed a day of work in her life. I understand she's a busy woman, and she's probably in some meeting, but please don't disrespect me."

26733508544_34f2575df9_z.jpgCatching up with Odus by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Odus: "Huh? I'm being super serious right now. Dr. Long has been on leave for months now. She was... uh.. Well, I guess I'm not supposed to say why, but there was an incident, and, well, she hasn't been able to come to work."

Dr. Martenz: "Great Scott! You're serious! And... That Kodan thing is serious too?! Great Scott!.. I should'ave been nicer to the kid. When's she coming back?"

Odus: "Should be pretty soon. I just heard back from her doctor that... oops. Shouldn't've said that! Soon."

Dr. Martenz: "No kidding. Well. I'd like to leave her a message then. Tell her that I'm calling in a solid 'you-owe-me.'"

27307350516_06f74ca378_z.jpgCatching up with Odus by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Martenz "I need more people on the ground here. The Oni-Ren are making a pathology report on Onix damn-near impossible. They won't let me anywhere near their settlements. This is made even more frustrating by the fact that they are currently dealing with an epidemic of something they refer to as 'Black-Eye.' "

27326157036_3922a3774b_z.jpg 26753070483_707ef70cb9_z.jpg

If I had more men... possibly some peace-keeping troops, I could conduct my report with far greater efficiency... and hell... we might even profit by selling them vaccines for their illness. Please convey my message to Dr. Long as soon as she gets back... I don't know how much longer I can do this all by myself and with these stupid interns I keep getting sent. Seems like they all outrank me in a year anyways. [inaudible grumbling noises]"

27340597905_379e63b3d1_z.jpgCatching up with Odus by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Odus: "Ok, I'll let her know. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Dr. Martenz: "No, that'll be all. Thank you. Dr. Martenz out."

27270245701_98472a7aea_z.jpgCatching up with Odus by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Robotic voice: "You have _27_ calls waiting on hold."

Odus: "Oh bother. There's just so much work to be done. How ever did Danielle manage so much!?"

Robotic voice: "You have _28_ calls waiting on hold."

Odus: "What would Dr. Long do? Oh! I know! I'll consult the Dr. Long AI!"

27361093635_e632848a96_z.jpgHello Holo-Long! by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Odus: "Dr. Holo-Long, I've been answering phone calls all morning! My other desk is piled full of paperwork so high I can't even work there! All the other Secretaries are all swamped just like me! What ever should I do?!"

Holo-Long: "Get back to work."

Odus: "Ok, boss!"

Anyways, More updates on affairs without the good doctor.

Please keep in mind that I am very open to constructive criticism. I'm not entirely satisfied with how my surface-of-Onix build looks. I was aiming for a rocky landscape without Lava (because there can't be Lava on every square inch of the planet) and I tried to incorporate some elements from previous builds on Onix (Kai's green biomass crystals, Black and dark grey rocks) along with some of my own (Nugget moss/fungus, dark tan soil/moss) but I worry I may have gone too many places all in the confines of one very small build. Tell me what you think, :classic:

Edit: also the picture is not flattering.

Also, for those of you wondering why so many builds without Long, well, I'm setting things up. This, for instance, is setting up a story arch I have planned. Stay tuned for "The Invasive Species" Coming in like 3 weeks.

~Insectoid Aristcorat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Good looking landscape and those aliens really do look alien :laugh: I enjoyed your story, and am looking forward to seeing it continued :classic:

Thanks for the feedback Soccerkid! I really love that Alien design! :laugh:

Also, better pictures are up, as is an additional little bit of dialogue I had planned. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

The alien design is so great! I never would have thought to use that Ninjago piece that way. I really like the bit of landscape you've built, and as always, scorpions :laugh:

Liking the way your story is unfolding, too, and its always good to have Odus.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Great story! I do feel the landscape on Onix is a bit overcrowded with things, but the rocky formations are great! (I can't build large rocks well) I'll be awaiting the next installment!

P.S. I like the Holo-Long!

Edited by TheUtilityBelt Productions

The alien design is so great! I never would have thought to use that Ninjago piece that way. I really like the bit of landscape you've built, and as always, scorpions :laugh:

Liking the way your story is unfolding, too, and its always good to have Odus.

Thanks! I just stumbled upon it while fiddling with some parts on my desk... kinda the best way to figure out things, if you ask me! :grin:

You may have picked up on a plot point...

Thanks! I hope the story is enjoyable.

Great story! I do feel the landscape on Onix is a bit overcrowded with things, but the rocky formations are great! (I can't build large rocks well) I'll be awaiting the next installment!

P.S. I like the Holo-Long!

You agree? Good to hear. I'm not sure whether to stick with black rocks or grey. Grey looks better with the tan and nugget, but black is more volcanic. I suppose I can use the two in separate builds on Onix, but won't try to mix the two in the same build again.... unless it's a very large build...

Thanks, and Thanks!

~Insectoid Aristocrat