Fugazi

LEGO Photography Index

LEGO Photography Index

Since many of our members are involved in LEGO photography, we have decided to provide this handy index to the many existing reference topics pertaining to photography and photo editing. Do let us know if you think there are relevant topics that we might have missed.

gallery_8966_241_958.png MOC Photography

gallery_8966_241_958.png Photo editing

Eurobricks Photoshop School - image editing tutorials

gallery_8966_241_958.png Your photos

banner_reviewers.png

For those of you looking to further perfect their photographic and set reviewing skills, please consider joining the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy where detailed tutorials and personalized teaching advice is available for the benefit of all students.

banner_brickflicks.jpg

Likewise, if LEGO comics and films are your thing then don't miss the Brick Flicks & Comics forum. The Brick Flicks & Comics Academy is where you can sharpen your artistic skills with the help of tutorials, lessons and feedback.

Thanks, added! :thumbup:

I don't know if you want to consider including the army/collection threads? The focus is usually on the content but some very nice photos sometimes.

Sure, I can have a look at them.

Thanks Fugazi for doing up this well compiled index. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Thanks for then index Fugazi!

Gideon and I are working on a photo guide that covers everything from choosing a camera, aperture and ISO to photo editing.

We should have it finished by the end of the month.

Edited by BrickCurve

Gideon and I are working on a photo guide that covers everything from choosing a camera, aperture and ISO to photo editing.

We should have it finished by the end of the month.

Sounds awesome, looking forward to your contribution! :thumbup:

What do you think about a "photo of the day"-style thread? What I mean is mostly non-lego photography, because the Lego photography is pretty well covered already. But since there must be many photo hobbyists and probably also professionals, how about sharing some of the day's mood in a dedicated thread? The way it works on some of the other forums is that there's a new topic for each month, started the 1st day. Then there's a link collection pointing to each of the earlier threads in the first post. It should not be a competition and there are no themes. Anything is fine, as long as it's Safe for work and follows the rules of the forums.

I didn't want to rush in and just create such topic, because maybe you moderators have an opinion on whether this kind of thread fits the forums.

This has interesting potential for Lego photography of medium to small size MOCs, although it isn't cheap.

It is essentially a portable, easy to setup light tent with inbuilt LEDs for lighting the subject of the photo evenly. It measures570 x 490 x 150mm. More information on it can be found here- https://www.dpreview.com/articles/8781378731/sooc-studio-is-a-portable-foldable-photography-studio-with-leds

3241750697.jpg5520636223.jpg

Overall, I think it is just too expensive for what it is, but I am sure there will eventually be a cheap, Chinese knock off!

Hi, I'd like to ask a photographic question: As I am a general toy / Lego photographer with no specialty, is it possible for me to create a single main topic to share all of my pictures in one designated place? If so, where should I add it? Thank you in advance for your reply :)

Hi, I'd like to ask a photographic question: As I am a general toy / Lego photographer with no specialty, is it possible for me to create a single main topic to share all of my pictures in one designated place? If so, where should I add it? Thank you in advance for your reply :)

Hi!

Actually it depends by your photo(s) theme as there are some photography thread:

But, if this about all of your photos, i think it would be fit in this forum.

Edited by KamalMYafi

To LEGO photographers who use a light box tent/EZCube and additional day light bulbs, I have a question regarding size.
What size and lamps are you using and do you have recommendations what to do and don't?

I'm thinking of getting a light box tent in size 30 inch/ 76 cm. It's for small MOCs (Minifig scale Landspeeder) to big MOCs (UCS Slave 1 size). Or should I go for bigger? I want to use 2 to 3 lamps with day light bulbs.

Depends which colour your model is and how big it is in size. Usually, neutral colours like white, shades of grey and black work best. But some other colours might fit well.

Does a natural background have the same crisp clean affect as a backdrop, or does it look tacky  

Question about photo sharing sites. Which one is best to download to and be able to share photos to this site? I was using one for a while and I cannot seem to be able to upload now to it (they probably changed something and it got more confusing...) Thanks!

On 7/17/2023 at 5:31 PM, JohnsLegos said:

Question about photo sharing sites. Which one is best to download to and be able to share photos to this site? I was using one for a while and I cannot seem to be able to upload now to it (they probably changed something and it got more confusing...) Thanks!

Here you got 10gb free storing space:

https://internxt.sjv.io/KedRMn

IMGBox is also free (if nothing changed).