I have been waiting for this set for quite a long time. When I saw when it was being released, I couldn't wait. I knew exactly what I was going to do with this. The Sinister/Insidious Six vs Spiderman and his Amazing Clones!

And for the non purest, look away, some villains have made their way!

Edited by Krikkit

Minifigures.

Spider-Man.

Nothing out of the ordinary for this minifig. Your standard run-of-the-mill Spider-Man. As seen in the sets over the past 4 years. Nothing to write home about.

Spider-Girl.

A very nice figure. From a newer age of costume, Ultimate series. I think that many of us would have preferred to see a Spider-Gwen or the Spider-Woman (in Black) with this set instead. The print on the figure itself is great and the back print is nice. The fig shares the same head print as...

27337850476_3a66b04f91_m.jpg27337856756_2a907e5238_m.jpg

Scarlet Spider.

A lot of people hate this version of the Spider-Man. Most prefer Kane to Ben Reilly. I, however, loved this costume! Ever since I was a child and saw that hoody on the front cover of my comic. So biased... Yes. Yes I am. Now with that being said, this fig looks great. It has printing on the arms showing the web shooters and the Wildstyle Space blue hood folded down has been used to full effect.

27371558135_8253c8f495_m.jpg27273811742_34286aa9c6_m.jpg

Scorpion.

This is done very well. The tail connects using the new two stud bib that has become so very popular. Great printing all round. And the face is well portrayed. You can see Gargon's anger through and through. The tail is a great new molded piece. Might not see this piece ever reused for any characters.

27300920921_5f3d79847c_m.jpg26763932054_74b0d43b0c_m.jpg26763939844_b9ea4c4c5e_m.jpg

Kraven.

Again a very well thought out character. The leg printing is brilliant and the newly molded lion fur is incredible, quite saught after for some Sabre-tooth customs I am sure. The re-use of the new Superman hair is OK, I would have used the flattop, but this hairpiece works well. Dual faces completes this figure.

26763972254_a8380dce9d_m.jpg27300973541_8848074ff8_m.jpg

Green Goblin.

A lighter pink than the purple we gained in the Juniors set. Dual molded legs is a plus. The goblin bomb is great, and although people have complained that the flames can not be removed, it is really well done. Big improvement over the Jr's set. The face looks much more menacing and more in fitting with the usual minifig line, this is dual sided. He also comes with a purple satchel.

27300999431_364a50ab6a_m.jpg26763974524_132c4967f3_m.jpg

Aunt May.

Pretty bog standard minifig. Really should have been a Gwen Stacy minifig. Wasted slot, but unless you had and old set, this is the only official way to get an Aunt May. Simple fig with white hands, dual face, torso print on back and front.

Spider-Man 4/10

Spider-Girl 8/10

Scarlet Spider 10/10 but I am biased...

Kraven 9.5/10

Scorpion 9.5/10

Green Goblin 9/10

Aunt May 4/10

Very glad that the Sinister Six are being implemented in this wave.

Edited by Krikkit

The Builds.

Random Police Go-Kart type thing.

Going to start with the ugly sister in this set. This was just a waste of parts that could have been used to improve the Taxi. There is no minifig for this, no police officer. If the intention is for Captain Stacy to use it, I get it, but I doubt that a police Captain would ride in on a golf buggy.

27371624165_e464903448_n.jpg

New York Taxi.

This is quite nice, if slightly small. Two of these do fit on the bridge, but you can only fit a single minifig inside with no passenger, which does defeat the point of the vehicle. However, based solely on the location of this set, it fits right in.

26763920844_8744c72f80_n.jpg

The Goblin Glider.

Simple to put together and using stud shooters. This is clearly designed for the younger collector. However the parts can be used to build a more accurate glider if you choose. The glider for the hobgoblin set looks a bit more thought out, which is a shame. Colour should have been purple instead of the green, but we will take what we can. This will bug quite a few AFoLs, but you will find yourself redesigning this to look better.

27371526675_95cc391788_n.jpg

The Bridge.

What we darn well spent our good money on! The Brooklyn Bridge!

This is one of the most iconic scenes in the Spider-Man universe, not to mention the Manhattan skyline, this set was a long time coming. There have been many stories in the Spider-Man lore revolving around this location.

The build is really fun. Technic pins and bricks hold the framework together, with angle brackets allowing for a lot of the detail. There are quite a few lamp style bricks which adds playability for the Spider-Powered figs. Will probably set you back 2.5 to 3 hours of build time, not including the stickers. Colours and design are great and you can tell that the designers wanted the option of expanding this set with a second bridge to help scale it up. The suspension adds no stability or structural function than being cosmetic, it does however, add to the playability.

There are some play features. A trapdoor that you can drop characters through. A street sign that breaks and bends if your goblin glider crashes. A section of bridge that bends out due to a collision. Several hidden compartments, including a Spider-Man tracking terminal, used by Kraven. Finally, a net that can drop onto figs under the archway.

26721834854_43a37145a4_c.jpg

All in all.

Police cart 2/10

Taxi 5/10

Goblin Glider 6.5/10

Bridge 10/10

Set value 9/10

Pros. Scarlet Spider, Scorpion, Kraven, dual molded legs on the Goblin and of course, the actual Bridge.

Cons. Aunt May should have been Gwen Stacy, Goblin Glider could have had more thought put into the design, The same Spider-Man we always get.

Edited by Krikkit

Roll on Wednesday morning! I've been selling off minifigs and older sets to fund picking up two of these. Cannot wait!

And for the non purest, look away, some villains have made their way!

I much prefer the knock-off Rhino figure as well.

I much prefer the knock-off Rhino figure as well.

Which custom Rhino figure is that? I'm new to the Marvel theme.

Which custom Rhino figure is that? I'm new to the Marvel theme.

That is out of topic for this, however, if you go to the bootleg section in Community, you will find the information you seek there!