JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #151: Send the Pain Below

Ellaria looked at Sigil's lifeless body and couldn't help but to picture her friend Hybros in his place. She felt miserable despite their success.

"The Crimson Crown has to be stopped, once and for all. The alchemists are not in favor of using magic, but this is going to extremes. We could all live together, side by side, if we only so wished. I for one hope the gnomes and the imps find a new home to continue with their lives. I have an apothecary to myself on Marlin Street, I can host as many of you as fits in the house comfortably."

While waiting to hear if the imps or gnomes would take her offer, Ellaria dealt out the loot:

Ellaria: Level Up Mushroom, Mulled Wine, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, 35 gold

Ezeran: Level Up Mushroom, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Etherium Pauldrons, 35 gold

Goliath: -

Hunkan: 2x Level Up Mushroom, Mead, Mulled Wine, 35 gold

Petaldan: Level Up Mushroom, Baron's Oversized Hat, Nostrum, Etherium Ore, 35 gold

Kid: Level Up Mushroom, Mead, Smelling Salts, Etherium Handcannon, 35 gold

OoC: Thank you for the quest, it was short and sweet, and seeing a lot of familiar faces from other quests was a treat!

"Oh, dear, this didn't end all that well, did it? I feel terrible for the poor people of Zylstra."

Receiving, the loot, I accept it graciously, and then hand the Nostrum to Hunkan.

"Here, you can probably use this more than I can.

"Thank you. I hope luck will favor us all in future quests."

" With those intruders fleeing Doctor Culas assembly and now the destruction of the imps home we could sure use some luck from here on..." Ezeran hang on to the words while dusting soot of his satchel. The lips of the sleeping symbiont formed words in a language unknown to most men as an afterthought.

Ellaria looked at Sigil's lifeless body and couldn't help but to picture her friend Hybros in his place. She felt miserable despite their success.

"The Crimson Crown has to be stopped, once and for all. The alchemists are not in favor of using magic, but this is going to extremes. We could all live together, side by side, if we only so wished. I for one hope the gnomes and the imps find a new home to continue with their lives. I have an apothecary to myself on Marlin Street, I can host as many of you as fits in the house comfortably."

Tyrfrix's eyes widened.

imp2.jpg

"Your kindness is unmatched, Ellaria. I will speak to my people of this matter, but I can say that we would be most grateful to be your guests, at least until we find a home of our own."

Tyrfrix addressed all the heroes.

"Again, thank you for your help. I hope to see each of you again some day."

With that, he took Sigil's body in his arms and headed down the alleyway, leaving the heroes to find their way back to Heroica Hall. Only a faint stench of smoke exuding from the sewers would be of any indication to outsiders of the disaster.

Party:

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpg Ezeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)

42 year old male human Mage

Level 15 *Immune to wood and fire* *Absorbs Darkness* *Enemies that hit Ezeran become slowed*

Power Bonus: 0 (+2 spellpower)

Defense: 3

Health: 19/19

Ether: 16/19

Gold: 38

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:8, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Sneezing Demon (SP:2; enemies that hit the wearer becomeslowed; immunity to wood and fire; suitable to Ezeran only; bodywear.), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone),

Inventory: Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Scroll of Blindness, Remedy X2, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Pick Axe, Trickster’s Baubel (WP:6, each hit causes one random effect: stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed or confused; wand), Grand tonics X2, Potions X5, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Level Up Mushroom, Etherium Pauldrons (SP:3, immune to sealed; backwear)

22476602193_881303c9d6_q.jpg Hunkan Silvertoss (BountyBeast)

53 year old male dwarf Rogue *Immune to Blinded*

Level 8

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 1/14

Gold: 231

Equipment: Sharpened Fang Dagger (WP:8, deals Bleeding-4; dagger), Goggles (Provides immunity to Blinded effect, Headwear)

Inventory: Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2x Mead, Nostrum, Mulled Wine, Remedy, Fire Bomb, Wooden Sword (WP:7; Suitable to Anyone), Shovel, Pickax, Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP: 5, dealsPoisoned-by-3), 2x Level Up Mushroom

ava-ellaria5.jpg Ellaria Arbour (Sandy) ~Party Leader~

25 years old female human Alchemist

Level 35 *Immune to Fire* *Three rolls for Mixture* *Transfer poisoned and bleeding upon being hit* *No Free Hits for 3 rounds*

Defense: 6 (1+5)

Health: 56/56 (9+33+10+1+2)

Gold: 224

Equipment: Mythril Mallet (WP: 20, wood- and darkness-elemental; Hollow [-]; hammer), Rubber Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear.), Robe of the Magi (SP:1, suitable for mages, clerics, alchemists, chi monks, decamon drafters, necromancers, regulators, scholars and weather mages; bodywear.), Spider Helmet (SP:5, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; immunity to fire; headwear), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear)

Inventory:

Weapons Ignis Fatuus (WP:13, permanently poisoned by 15, fire- and lighting-elemental staff), Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10, wood-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1, fire-, wind-, water- and earth-elemental staff), Wormtail Whip (WP:15, earth-elemental, whip)

Artifacts: Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors; backwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages, bodywear), Cherokee Rose (Doubles potency of both incoming and outgoing restorative consumables and healing; suitable for Ellaria only; accessory.)

Spell Items: Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song)

Consumables: 7 Grand Potions, Health Core, 4 Tonics, Diluted Arc Tonic (Restores 10 ether to all allies), 3 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 2 Hyper Arc Tonics (Restores full ether to all allies), 2 Elixirs, Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.), Remedy, Purifying Water (removes negative effects from all allies), Purging Water (removes positive effects from all enemies), Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence, Last Resort (revives all knocked allies to 1 health), 3 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, 2x Mulled Wine, 2 Smoke Bombs, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, Holy Rain Bomb (Causes 20 water-, wind- and light-elemental damage to all enemies), Baffle Bomb (15 damage and Confused to all enemies), Bad Breath (Poisoned by 1-effect to all enemies), Feather of White, Demon Repellent, Ancient Bone (Can be thrown at monsters to distract them for 3 rounds. Worth nothing, except in magic shops where it is worth 50 gold.), Level Up Mushroom

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Chemistry Set (Allows the user to use Mixture outside of battle, costs 2 Gold Bars/un-modified roll, suitable for alchemists; tool), 7 Gold Bars

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric)

5-year-old male "wonder" Knight *Immune to Stunned, Bound, Petrified and Earth*

Level: 12

Power: 16

Defense: 9

Health: 1/23 10+10+2*

Gold: 188

Equipment: Brine Blade (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger a Flood (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Longsword), Shield (SP: 5; Shield), Gloves of the Boy Wonder(SP:2; immunity to *Stunned*, *Bound*, and *Petrified*; suitable to Petaldan only; handwear), Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Earth)

Inventory:

Weapons: Slimy Sword (WP:12, can be split into several weaker Slimy Swords or combined with other Slimy Swords to increase WP and split apart again at any time, Longsword)

Artifacts: Baron's Oversized Hat (wearer is permanently Encouraged and Slowed; headwear)

Gems: Emerald

Consumables: 2x Grand Potion, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia, 2x Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Level Up Mushroom

Tools: Bedroll, Etherium Ore (may applied to one weapon to allow it to deal the Sealed-effect permanently)

tpFsWtT.png?1 Goliath (Goliath)

Automaton Barbarian

Level 3

Defense: 0

Health: 8/12 (8+2)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear)

Inventory: Potion x4, Mead x3, Plasma Cutlass (WP:3; Greatsword), Magma Maul (WP: 6, 1/6 chance to trigger an Inferno (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, hammer), Tonic x2, Bunch of 10 Cherries (Each cherry restores 1 ether when eaten), Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Blind Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Rusty Pickaxe (tool; 1/3 chance to break with each use)

Debts: 20 Gold (Torald)

reddson.JPG Kid Reddson (dum)

19-year-old Male Human (1/4 Leprechaun) Ranger

Level 6 *Aims become Hits*

Health: 1/11

Gold: 37

Equipment: Crossbow (WP 3), Quiver of Homing Arrows (Rolls of AIM become HIT; can only be used with a bow or a crossbow; backwear.)

Inventory: Etherium Handcannon (WP:10, deals Sealed), 3 Smoke Bomb, 2 Potion, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Fire Bomb, 2x Mead, Smelling Salts, Sterile Gloves (Grants Immunity to Poisoned and Bleeding effects, Handwear), Bedroll, Level Up Mushroom