Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga (5): Family Dinner

Exetrius Saga

1: Fallen leaf

2: Message in Kyrrath

3: Equipment upgrade

4: Subjection of a legend

Episode 5: Family Dinner

While testing new magic spells against opponents that actually rival your own strength is fun, it can’t compare to the pleasure of coming home after the job has been done, Onicius thought. The North of Mitgardia had been horribly cold and the way back wasn’t any better. Four days of almost continuous flight, through freezing winds, on the back of the reborn and therefore unpredictable dragon Fulminante. At the end of the journey, they descended from the clouds and were embraced by cushion of warm air. Swooshing through the valleys that lead to Zotharith; what a fantastic feeling…

Katara Musei-Centario (mother)

"Can I offer you the best of wine of the house, my dear?"

27185278232_9e2894934d_z.jpg

The Centarios celebrate the reunion of the family with a festive dinner. Onicius reveals to his children the mysterious business adventure he had in the North, a story that took their breath away. Or maybe it's just the delicious rice meal that keeps them quiet...

26675076534_7595c199bb_z.jpg

Exetrius reports his visit to aunt Alicia in the beautiful city of Kyrrath, and some other things he saw along the road.

Onicius Centario

"... Rambar Armafur, you say!? Are you absolutely sure that's what it read, my son? ..."

26675075144_f8c29883f3.jpg

Yukino, Exetrius' sister, chats with her mother about the martial arts training she had and gets updated about the latest news that has been carried to Zotharith from all across Nocturnus in the course of the last couple of months.

27248386826_ba6bfcfc2f.jpg

Onicius Centario

"Who wants a slice of mother's olive bread?"

And the feast went on for several hours. However, the days of relaxation would be over quickly, since the Festival of the Ranks kicks off in only two weeks. Exetrius is determined to climb at least five places on the boards this year, but therefore he should start training shortly!

To be continued.... in the next episode: Attack of the Hunters

Yay for filler episodes! :grin: A fun build to do and this time I had some sort of infinity backdrop, which made editing a lot more pleasant. More colour corrections then usual, due to bad lighting. Character previews of the next episodes can be found on my Flickr, feel free to have a look. :wink:

Thanks for reading/viewing, C&C much appreciated, as always! :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Looks like a cozy family dinner! I like that knife sheath at the end of the table, and the bottle rack is clever :thumbup:

Very Nice build indeed, with a warm, familiar and cozy feeling! Great part-usage (e.g. The knife sheath) :thumbup:

Very nice build, Exetrius! All the food is great and I like how you used the window frame for the bottle rack :thumbup:

Looks like a cozy family dinner! I like that knife sheath at the end of the table, and the bottle rack is clever :thumbup:

Very Nice build indeed, with a warm, familiar and cozy feeling! Great part-usage (e.g. The knife sheath) :thumbup:

Very nice build, Exetrius! All the food is great and I like how you used the window frame for the bottle rack :thumbup:

Warm inviting build sir!

Great build, I really like the posing of the figs

Nice lively build.

Thanks, all, for the positive feedback! :classic:

I hope to bring the next episode in two to three weeks.

Just caught up on the last three episodes of your story, and it is great! Loving the builds and the characters! :thumbup:

Neat scene, friend. And your writing skills always make your work more enjoyable.

Just caught up on the last three episodes of your story, and it is great! Loving the builds and the characters! :thumbup:

Neat scene, friend. And your writing skills always make your work more enjoyable.

Thanks a lot, Umbra, Jacob! I'm happy my contributions to the lore are so appreciated! :classic: