SilentWolf

[COR - FB] Captured Ship, HMS Bagg of Bolton

The Corrington warship, HMS Bull Shark, captured the pirate vessel, Bagg of Bolton, during last month's merchant runs. Due to the losses the empire suffered, Her Majesty has commissioned that some of the captures be refitted with all haste in order to defend the merchant fleets from the pirate scourge infesting the seas. The WETEC aided in outfitting several ships. HMS Bagg of Bolton was one such ship. Due to the need for haste, the ship was left with the cannons it was captured with even though the vessel would have been better fitted with smaller guns. Captain Bryon Belton was given command of the ship and assigned a suitable crew to man the ship and its guns.

26676550094_82f54c631a_c.jpg

27213639641_05d0b87645_z.jpg

27213648151_1bbf9dd9e1_c.jpg

27213643741_bc95402188_c.jpg

HMS Bagg of Bolton sailed out of harbor for the first time with the HMS Hunter which was also a captured ship.

27213640471_95d72c44cc_z.jpg

Previous builds

Edited by SilentWolf

Nice build(s). I like how the captured ships look like they belong together.

First of all, I really like the story. You manage to include the full MRCA story, plus adding your own interesting narration to it. Well done!

The schooner (This is definitely a topsail schooner! pirate_tong.gif ) is very nice too. I like the inclusion of gun ports in the bows for chasers, as well as the guns in the cabin, and the use of the pony for the figurehead is great too.

The general shape of the hull is quite good. I would suggest a bit more curvature on the bow railings, but the shape of the cabin gives her a very sleek and fast look.

The rigging on El Bellos and the Golden Filly was already quite good, but it is nice to see that you have listened to the suggestions. The topsails (over the spankers) are much better now.

Your square topsail would look better and more realistic if it was narrowing a bit more towards the top, as it is almost rectangular now, which looks somewhat odd. I like the inclusion of three head sails.

If possible, I would space out the masts a bit more, and make the spanker sails larger, as well as bringing them all the way in to the mast, as the current gap between mast and sail will do nothing good for her handling.

All in all, a very nice addition to the Corlander Fleet! Well done! pirate_wink.gif

Great to see some of our captures make it out of drydock, they are well needed!

The ship itself is very nice, a clean and efficient look, great sails and an interesting sail plan. Although the armament may be a little oversized, those big cannon sure make her look intimidating!

Great work SilentWolf, keep it up!!

Nice work! These are quite big! These will probably be 6FA or 7FA in the new rules, very pretty!