Sign in to follow this  
Bricky Dee Williams

New Legoland coming in Upstate New York?

So, this was very welcome news to me, but I heard this morning on the local radio that the Lego Company Inc. has bought numerous plots of land in an area off the interstate in Goshen, NY. There was a statement that Lego plans to join New York's slew of theme parks to compete with New Jersey tourism by opening a new Legoland here, the third one in the US. There are no Lego Shops in upstate New York (though we have four in NYC), so this is a very welcome attraction. So, what do you guys think? Is this welcome news to any members stateside?

Update:

May 27--GOSHEN -- Merlin Entertainment, which owns and operates Legoland Parks, hopes to appear before the Town Board in the coming days to begin the approval process for a theme park.

The company confirmed its choice Thursday, six months after it began exploring locations in Orange County.

"Merlin Entertainments plc has an interest in land within the Town of Goshen in Orange County, New York," Julie Estrada, a spokeswoman for Legoland said in an email. "We would hope to bring an application to the Town Board for the re-zoning of the land in due course, as part of our aspiration to open a third LEGOLAND Park in North America."

http://www.4-traders...oshen-22429702/

I cannot hide my sheer excitement....reports have it that they are in early stages of development here, but hope to open by the summer of 2019.

Edited by Aegis2000

May 27--GOSHEN -- Merlin Entertainment, which owns and operates Legoland Parks, hopes to appear before the Town Board in the coming days to begin the approval process for a theme park.

The company confirmed its choice Thursday, six months after it began exploring locations in Orange County.

"Merlin Entertainments plc has an interest in land within the Town of Goshen in Orange County, New York," Julie Estrada, a spokeswoman for Legoland said in an email. "We would hope to bring an application to the Town Board for the re-zoning of the land in due course, as part of our aspiration to open a third LEGOLAND Park in North America."

http://www.4-traders...oshen-22429702/

I don't know by whose standards Orange County is upstate, but okay...

My thoughts exactly! It's the old "everything north of New York City is upstate." :laugh:

Anyway, it's still very welcome news. I'd love to work as a model builder at one of the parks someday, but Florida or California would be too far a move, so I'll be keeping an eye out for hiring news.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

Same :laugh:

Still, it's closer than NYC...

Yeah, old standards. I myself live in the Lake George region. This is still hours away, but it's less than 1200 miles, I suppose. :laugh:

so I'll be keeping an eye out for hiring news.

Absolutely, I'd move if that's what I got out of it!