yg33

Backdrops and ground scenery for sets?

Has anyone ever designed or printed backgrounds to display behind or underneath your sets, in order to make them look like the box art? Many sets look great on the box due to all the extra scenery/colors in the background, but it would be a brick wasting, time consuming pain in the a$$ to replicate this. As far as i know Lego does not release box images in any downloadable form, but I would love it if they would either make the background images available, or include posters with large & USC sets to give a nice backdrop. The same can be said for the ground floor area. I know Lego has released playmats, but a poster to show ground and paths would be a welcome addition to many sets. What do you guys think?

At a Lego Movie event, they had a diorama type thing to allow you to take a picture of your creation in Bricksberg. I'm just not sure how many people would use a poster like you describe. It probably would be more useful to release an image file online. Then people could take a picture against a solid color, remove it from the image and add the background image.

Not a printed background, but I used a combination of a scanned box, some real background and Photoshopping to create the background for this MOCed virtual box:

lego-elf-impulse-moc2.jpg

I think this would be cool, especially for classic sets. It would be a great way to display these sets. I always liked the castle and town catalog backgrounds from the 90's.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:17 PM, yg33 said:

Has anyone ever designed or printed backgrounds to display behind or underneath your sets, in order to make them look like the box art? Many sets look great on the box due to all the extra scenery/colors in the background, but it would be a brick wasting, time consuming pain in the a$$ to replicate this. As far as i know Lego does not release box images in any downloadable form, but I would love it if they would either make the background images available, or include posters with large & USC sets to give a nice backdrop. The same can be said for the ground floor area. I know Lego has released playmats, but a poster to show ground and paths would be a welcome addition to many sets. What do you guys think?

Yes 

We create and sell awesome, easy-to-use, free-standing foldable backgrounds or dioramas for toys like LEGO or Shopkins or action figures that engage imagination and promote social interaction and creativity.

You can find us at www.bakkubackgrounds.com