Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Leak or not, TLG has no obligation to serve all the pictures in a timely manner people deemed as necessary. They control the schedule. You'll know it's official if it starts showing up in press release or on their own website. 

Patience padawan. Patience.

Back to topic.... Hothbricks is on a roll releasing 2017 sets picture so I should watch and monitor them instead of moaning about the leaks here.

Agreed. But then again, it happens every single year.

Hothbricks Flickr feed does seem to be pretty comprehensive once those images are released.

9 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

One my friend said, that he could buy this sets in Russia next week. Can it be true?

Russia usually gets sets super early. Wouldn't be surprised.

Possibly. 75164 is a presumed Battle Pack, 76160 ---> 76163 are presumably Micro-Fighters and 75171 and 75172 are the presumed Phantom and Rogue One Bunker sets. I wouldn't say it's completely out of the equation for these sets to be released soon. I'd also assume the Yoda set will come in this wave, too, since a few weeks ago someone had the full set, so I don't think it's out of the question for that one to be coming soon either.

Has there been any updates on the new UCS 75144 Snowspeeder? I was hoping for a January/February release once it officially got pushed back to 2017, but not hearing anything about it makes me worried I'm going to have to wait for a May 2017 release. Sadface

1 hour ago, romulan said:

Has there been any updates on the new UCS 75144 Snowspeeder? I was hoping for a January/February release once it officially got pushed back to 2017, but not hearing anything about it makes me worried I'm going to have to wait for a May 2017 release. Sadface

You know what, I don't think it was ever gonna happen.

Heres a brief summary of this rumor: I think I discovered the name last year during the S@H link leak. Brickset listed it and then put it as a UCS. Nothing has happened since then. 

Edited by CM4Sci

I would be surprised if we got a snowspeeder next year. I am curious to see what TLG do next year, Hasbro have hinted something big for them, I couldn't see TLG not being involved.

From Disney's perspective their IP will never be more heightened than this period in time.

Yesterday - the rest of the creator sets. Today Junior sets. Besides to SW I think just the Elves & Marvel pictures haven't been revealed yet. Just wanna look at the Thrawn figure :cry_happy:
With TLG's lacking love for Rebels it's 50:50 that Thrawn could be a horrible figure or not...

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

I would be surprised if we got a snowspeeder next year. I am curious to see what TLG do next year, Hasbro have hinted something big for them, I couldn't see TLG not being involved.

From Disney's perspective their IP will never be more heightened than this period in time.

As much as I think the 40th anniversary will be (or should be) a big deal, I'm already looking forward to the 50th anniversary in 2027. But I am really curious how they will celebrate next year. I'm hoping for some high quality polybags. 

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

As much as I think the 40th anniversary will be (or should be) a big deal, I'm already looking forward to the 50th anniversary in 2027. But I am really curious how they will celebrate next year. I'm hoping for some high quality polybags. 

Well, I hope the next 10 years will just pass in no time.... I mean there won't be much fun there between

6 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Hi Darth Malgus, what has Hasbro hinted at for the 40th anniversary? That sounds interesting, but I can't find anything about it on google

Reps from Hasbro said they have some special things lined up for the 40th anniversary in various interviews following their presentations at SDCC, NYCC, etc. No specifics at all. And, I wouldn't read a lot into it. Their focus is now on 5POA figures and out-of-scale, overpriced vehicles loaded up with Nerf blasters. There's very little left that is collector-oriented, though they've been teasing the return of the Vintage Collection for years now... my guess is that the 40th would be the optimal time to make good on that promise. But don't expect coordination between Hasbro and LEGO for the 40th. They've never coordinated before and they seem to be diverging in the markets they serve.

Edited by jdubbs

8 hours ago, just2good said:

Russia usually gets sets super early. Wouldn't be surprised.

In my opinion it sounds fantastic. Usually Germany gets new wave first. Maybe something went wrong?XD

2 hours ago, jackster99 said:

Hi Darth Malgus, what has Hasbro hinted at for the 40th anniversary? That sounds interesting, but I can't find anything about it on google

Some of the fan sites did a Q&A and hinted in it that big things were planned for it and they'd been planning for it for some time.

Try Rebelscum or JTA possibly around NYCC from memory (don't quote me on it, it was definitely audio as well).

50 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Found this photo! We can see that most of the sets have been released already. Maybe this is a new snowspeeder?XD

http://www.hothbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/lego_com.jpg

There's tons of stuff there that will never be released at this point - the Watto, the UT-AT, the Clone Wars AAT variants, that weird yellow Naboo ship from TCW...I think the picture is from 2012 or earlier.