Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

14 minutes ago, poppakap said:

When are the 2017 sets expected to be announced? 

They should announce them closer to November or right when Rogue One comes out. That is when the 2016 Winter wave was announced last year.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

They should announce them closer to November or right when Rogue One comes out. That is when the 2016 Winter wave was announced last year.

Thanks. I'm really hoping for an updated 10179. 

4 minutes ago, poppakap said:

Thanks. I'm really hoping for an updated 10179. 

A new UCS Falcon? Hmm, doubt that'll happen. They only did the £100+ TFA Falcon last year, I doubt they'll do another one for a few years.

4 minutes ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

A new UCS Falcon? Hmm, doubt that'll happen. They only did the £100+ TFA Falcon last year, I doubt they'll do another one for a few years.

And they only retired the Death Star at the beginning of this year................

19 minutes ago, mickywrx said:

And they only retired the Death Star at the beginning of this year................

So you're saying theres a chance!

Based on the general cycle of sets then there's a chance. The last system scale OT X-Wing was on the shelf the same time as the Red Five UCS X-Wing. 

There was probably a system scale Falcon on the shelf at the same time as 10179. Having a TFA system scale Falcon released last year won't be the reason a new UCS Falcon wouldn't appear.

Wihout any kind of rumour or knowledge to suggest one is on the way would just leave mention of a Falcon to guesswork and wishlisting.

I think a second UCS Millennium Falcon is more likely to come in 2018 rather than 2017. The current Falcon will probably still be on shelves into the first half of 2017, and in 2018 we'll have the Han Solo movie, making a natural fit for it.

If the second 2017 UCS set is a vehicle (rather than another playset), I think a Rebel Blockade Runner/Tantive IV would be a better fit for 2017, given it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars, the prominence of the ship in Rebels, and even the possibility that it could show up briefly at the end of Rogue One. The Tantive IV was also a much earlier UCS set than the Falcon, making it more ripe for a redo.

22 minutes ago, poppakap said:

He's saying you can't apply logic to their choice of releases. So the fact there was recently a release of a system scale set, bears no difference on if they would release a UCS.

2 hours ago, mickywrx said:

True, but that was one massive, one of a kind set (of course, until they re-made it for this year). There's usually a Falcon every 2 or 3 years, and like I said, since we only had one last year, I doubt we'll get another for a while.

4 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

He's saying you can't apply logic to their choice of releases. So the fact there was recently a release of a system scale set, bears no difference on if they would release a UCS.

So what you're saying is there's a chance then?

Did you notice that every trilogy of the saga, if you see ithem not in chronological order but as they were screened, show us lightsabres with more and more blades. The first trilogy (1977- 1988), Vader - 1 blade. The next trilogy (1999-2005) D. Moll -2 blades. And now Kailo Wren - 3 blades. I have just see an exclusive picture of a battle pack with these characters and words: Forse will be strong with these three guys in 2017. I guess it'll be a present to fans on the 40th anniversaryof the saga.

2 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

Did you notice that every trilogy of the saga, if you see ithem not in chronological order but as they were screened, show us lightsabres with more and more blades. The first trilogy (1977- 1988), Vader - 1 blade. The next trilogy (1999-2005) D. Moll -2 blades. And now Kailo Wren - 3 blades. I have just see an exclusive picture of a battle pack with these characters and words: Forse will be strong with these three guys in 2017. I guess it'll be a present to fans on the 40th anniversaryof the saga.

Just...what?

28 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

We're getting Kailo Wren in a battle pack?!

I'm guessing he was multitasking whilst typing this seeing as some things have come out muddled, but I think he's either saying they'll be some kind of 40th Annerversary set/polybag which will come with all three figures of he's seen something along the lines of this - so an advert advertising that all three mini figures will come out over the course of next year.

On 22.10.2016 at 2:35 AM, poppakap said:

2017 is 40 years Death Star, MFalcon, ISD, X-Wing - Nr.1 is already ticked and some secondary stuff like Y-Wing and Landspeeder just get non-ucs sets. It doesn't look like they are going to pull off a Blockade Runner,

but apart from that as much as possible of EPIV will be there in UCS boxes over the next 1,5 years. Especially the stuff which is easily to re-release without much updating necessary..

Edited by Chief Togusa
typo

Well either way with episode VIII around the corner, there's another chance we would see another Millennium falcon suited for that movie's characters.  I have the last two recent ones, the 2011 and the 2015 version, I built the 2015 and used the radar dish from the 2011 version and it still looks boss, I mean what more can they update the falcon to?  Plus they still haven't released a Star Killer/death star sized playset from the movie or the Star Destroyer FInalizer's sized from the 2014 star destroyer, so many sets left to do. Plus the Rogue One after movie releases, I know we will get a set with Jynn Erso's dad since I want him, Krennic is already super cool, maybe they'll release a death star miniset in the future, this line will get crazy, but if they do redo the 10179, I am so selling some older sets to make room for that beast. 

Edited by eldiano

Outa curiosity (I know this is an awful long way off still), should we be getting prelims for the ep VIII sets next year? I wasn't on this forum for the TFA sets last year; I know we got those set descriptions and names about 3 months before the sets came out, and then those hd leaks about 2 weeks before release, but did any prelims show up for the TFA sets before their release?

If so can we expect the same this year?

Nope, there never were any prelims of the new movies first wave sets. Only final pictures were leaked.

4 hours ago, Chief Togusa said:

2017 is 40 years Death Star, MFalcon, ISD, X-Wing - Nr.1 is already ticked and some secondary stuff like Y-Wing and Landspeeder just get non-ucs sets. It doesn't look like they are going to pull off a Blockade Runner,

but apart from that as much as possible of EPIV will be there in UCS boxes over the next 1,5 years. Especially the stuff which is easily to re-release without much updating necessary..

If they actually have a plan and will (and this i think is far from certain regarding the other choice of snow speeder) relate the other USC next year to ANH, I think the most likely USC in terms of relevance to the actual movie, SW universe, lego themselves and the fans are X-Wing, Mos Eisley or the Rebel base at Yavin 4. I don't really see that anything else that would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

If they actually have a plan and will (and this i think is far from certain regarding the other choice of snow speeder) relate the other USC next year to ANH, I think the most likely USC in terms of relevance to the actual movie, SW universe, lego themselves and the fans are X-Wing, Mos Eisley or the Rebel base at Yavin 4. I don't really see that anything else that would make sense. 

I'm confidant you can cross off X-Wing from that list right away, Seriously doubt they would re-release a recently renewed version this soon for a 40th anniversary. 

Edited by Fuppylodders
Can't spell the word 'off' correctly...

3 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'm confidant you can cross off X-Wing from that list right away, Seriously doubt they would re-release a recently renewed version this soon for a 40th anniversary. 

Unless they just reissue red 5. TBH at this point I wouldn't put it past them.