Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

19 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Wait, are there pictures of Thrawn yet?

Guessing that since these are prelims, they won't have any of the "new" characters - or just have jumbled together stand-ins as usual.

Staring at pictures of the PT separatist shuttle and also the Lego 8036 kit... I'm not so sure it is a separatist shuttle. Maybe one modified or a completely different shuttle altogether. The underside of a SHEATHIPEDE-CLASS SHUTTLE has a considerable slope and it is supposed to have spindly legs that jut out to land with. I can't imagine how it could dock with The Ghost without heavy modifications. Also, it's 14.4 meters long and apparently the Phantom is 11.63 meters long.

Edited by darththeling

56 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I think CM4Sci dosnt have part 2 and just did it for clicks 

I'm sure he does, he just doesn't want to share it with us yet. I could be completely wrong though because you have a good point.

15 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

I'm sure he does, he just doesn't want to share it with us yet. I could be completely wrong though because you have a good point.

I'm not so sure. Catalog with Star wars pics is in Italian (or Spanish) while the one  with rest (City, Elves, etc) was in German. It looks like Sci may not be author of Star Wars pictures.

Or he has 2 catalogs in diffrent languages and I'm crazy. :tongue:

Edited by Krulis

11 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

CM4 shared the SW pic it wasn't his own, although he claims having the other parts.

Oh, that makes more sense.

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Speaking of new sets, amazing bricks, didn't you say zeb was getting a comeback next spring?

Same time of the info about yoda' hut. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we got him in the summer wave with a new Ezra.

3 hours ago, Fives said:

Keep in mind, these leaks and EXTREMELY preliminary. Including a hood and cape for Obi-Wan and capes for Maul and Qui-Gon seems like a preliminary thing. LEGO has been pretty good with accuracy recently, so I really doubt there'd be such an oversight for the figs here.

When I said underwhelming, I meant more the build than the figs.

Part 2 is out!

Love the new Y-Wing, been waiting for a new one in forever. Now Lego just has to release an ARC-170 for my list of wanted starfighters to be complete, heh. Can't wait to see the new printing on the cockpit piece.

The bunker battle looks extremely underwhelming, but it's nice to get a couple of Shore Troopers.

The Landspeeder is okay, I guess. Might get this one since I passed on all the previous versions.

Same goes for the Sarlacc set. Seems like the speeder has a new front piece to make it more movie-accurate, which is great. And of course, Han with the new hair!

Looking forward to see the battle packs.

Edited by Aethersprite

The Y-Wing's an interesting one. If that cockpit piece is heavily printed, it could work quite well, but I fear there's a lot of room for it to go poorly. I think the cockpit looks too big for the body, but there's room for that to just be up to the photography. Also apparently the 5 years since one was released is forever, which is interesting.

The bunker battle is way less disappointing than I anticipated based on the description, although still entirely unappealing. The sarlacc is interesting, those pieces do represent the shape of its beak incredibly well, but it would be nice to see more wall around them, as its way too exposed. 

Edited by Magmafrost

2 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

The Y-Wing's an interesting one. If that cockpit piece is heavily printed, it could work quite well, but I fear there's a lot of room for it to go poorly. I think the cockpit looks too big for the body, but there's room for that to just be up to the photography. Also apparently the 5 years since one was released is forever, which is interesting.

The bunker battle is way less disappointing than I anticipated based on the description, although still entirely unappealing. The sarlacc is interesting, those pieces do represent the shape of its beak incredibly well, but it would be nice to see more wall around them, as its way too exposed. 

I can't tell what piece the Y-Wing cockpit is using. At first glance I assumed that it's the new X-Wing cockpit piece but on a closer look, it looks too round for that. A new piece, perhaps?

Oh, boy. Yeah, at first glance it looks like the Y-Wing's cockpit is a bit too big, but I'm sure it's actually rather fine. Also, there seems to be a lot more greebling on the body, which is always nice.

As for the Desert Skiff... that Sarlacc looks worse than the previous one. I agree that the beak is more accurate, but it's not buried enough. The pit itself should be a bit bigger.

15 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

I can't tell what piece the Y-Wing cockpit is using. At first glance I assumed that it's the new X-Wing cockpit piece but on a closer look, it looks too round for that. A new piece, perhaps?

I'm pretty sure its the 2011/2014 v-wing cockpit, but I'll throw something together real quick to check of its the same size

*edit* Yep, same length. It could have a different shape, but it looks pretty similar

Edited by Magmafrost

I can't really see much detail because the pics are blurry.... But of all the part 2 leaks I am most interested in the Y-Wing.

3 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

I'm pretty sure its the 2011/2014 v-wing cockpit, but I'll throw something together real quick to check of its the same size

I was thinking that the V-Wing cockpit might be it, but wouldn't it be a tad too big? Hopefully it comes with generous amounts of white printing to make it movie-accurate!

Is the fifth figure in the Y-Wing definitely an Imperial Officer? It looks like it has tan legs and a grey torso, so it looks more like a rebel figure to me.

8 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I think xxxxx dosnt have part 2 and just did it for clicks 

I know part two has come out, but I just wanted to point out that he doesn't have to do what he's doing right now and he's taking a risk for our sake. He's also not doing it for clicks because the site he's posting the leaks on doesn't even have a view counter. 

11 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Another set with White Shirt Han and Boba Fett? That's one every year since 2015. Good God.

Not just any white shirt Han, White shirt Han with new hair!

Is that Weequay I see fighting on the skiff deck?

Skariff bunker looks good, especially since it has 2 Shoretroopers, new Kassian and another imperial minifigure. It's hard to say something about bunker itself, since the picture is blurry, but it looks like it's just a front entrance.

Luke's Landspeeder is almost identical to the version from Cantina set in 2014, Luke and Obi-Wan are identical to previous versions, as are C-3PO and Tusken. Overall a really good set for me , since I don't have Ep 4 Luke yet.

The real surprise is new Desert Skiff, Han already uses new hairpiece! But it's more than just this, the build itself looks bigger and better than the last one! The front  apparently uses big ship piece and it looks really nice. Also since this set is in normal catalog, does it mean it's not a retail exclusive?

Y-Wing is kinda meh to me. Never liked this ships in-univers, so Lego set based on it doesn't really interest me, but minifigures look good, so maybe once it goes on sale, I'll consider buying it.