Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Scalpers on BrickLink are already selling the Falcon for a minimum of $1,225 (looking at the sets located in the USA). I really wish I could get this set, but I just can't justify spending that much on a single set especially when I'm not a movie fan and I'm only a Lego fan. 

Already posted in the press release topic but finished my Falcon after 12 hours, and boy is this set worth it in my eyes. It is absolutely magnificent,  I'm just terrified I've done anything wrong in it as it turned out I missassembled the cockpit and couldn't fit in all the figures!

im not good at reviews, but I'll give a quick good and bad review of the set:

Good:

-long build that doesn't feel too repetitive, uses plenty of interesting assemblies to keep the build entertaining

-the interiors are small but really well done, they are not as messy in person as the pictures made them look, they look very displayabke

-the thing is just huge!

-the box presentation and overall care and quality of the set is just impressive, from the quotes on the white boxes to the amount of greebling that doesn't even repeat that much and uses a lot of unique pieces in different places, this set is how Lego should be for something in the Collectors Series.

Bad:

-some points in the assembly were difficult, notably when connecting large assemblies together I had some issues. When attaching the front 'slope' for example a 1x4 brick fell into the skeleton of the Falcon and I had to take all the panels off and tip the whole thing up to find it!

-cockpit is a bit of a squeeze for the minifigures

-a bit flimsy to move around, but to be expected with the size

overall this set is by far the best Lego set I have ever purchased and definitely best UCS set to be my first! You guys are not going to be dissapointed with this one!

4 hours ago, elederberg said:

Does anyone think that they ran out of the special VIP cards given out with the falcon? I know they said the first 20,000 buyers got it I'm just not sure roughly how many were sold.

I read somewhere (it could have been here) that they only allocated 1500 UCS Falcons for North America, their biggest market. That's an appallingly low number, if true. So I doubt very much that they have sold anywhere near 20,000 units. Although backorders will likely push the numbers way up judging by the reported wait times. Honestly, I doubt the black VIP card will be worth much, other than to provide incentive to spend more money on Lego! Like any of us need it :wink: 

8 hours ago, elederberg said:

Does anyone think that they ran out of the special VIP cards given out with the falcon? I know they said the first 20,000 buyers got it I'm just not sure roughly how many were sold.

Lego said that the cards were going to be given to anyone who bought a falcon between September 14th and December 31st of this year... so even if they printed up 20,000 initially, I wouldn't be surprised if they just made more as they need.

3 minutes ago, thorin said:

Lego said that the cards were going to be given to anyone who bought a falcon between September 14th and December 31st of this year... so even if they printed up 20,000 initially, I wouldn't be surprised if they just made more as they need.

It does say until stock last

40 minutes ago, mattyman said:

It does say until stock last

I took that as referring to the falcon rather than the card

@Whovastron thank you for sharing your thoughts! Glad to get some idea of what it's like. I've heard that all the panel are removable and that there is the ability to MOC in more interior, is this true?

28 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

@Whovastron thank you for sharing your thoughts! Glad to get some idea of what it's like. I've heard that all the panel are removable and that there is the ability to MOC in more interior, is this true?

There are 4 main empty sections inside the Falcon's main body, both on the right side of the ship (looking from the front) are used for interior areas. The forward left area is used to house the blaster canon feature, so could be removed easily for interior space. The rear left side is completely empty and has a studded floor area that could easily be used for interior.

another way this area can be used is to store the spare satellite dish and accessories for the mandibles, something I am using them for. I think that should of been something they advertised as it's quite handy to keep them hidden away.

1 hour ago, allstyles said:

I thought the falcon had his on topic  :devil:     :wink:

The set is too big for one thread, it doesnt fit into one :devil:

Its so large that it occupies this one, the Press Release as well as part of the Recent Purchases :grin:

My little bro got 75172 Y-Wing for his birthday, and it's a really excellent model. I've never had any of the previous versions of this ship, but he and I are both thrilled with this. It's really big- possibly the physically largest $60 set I've ever seen- and extremely durable. I was able to drop it from three feet in the air and it suffered no damage. This is also an extremely good-looking set, the cockpit is really slick but the rest of it is greebled to within an inch of its life and it looks phenomenal. Highly recommend this if you don't already have it.

Wow. The falcon showed up on my front step this morning at 9am local time... that's a 25 hour turn around. Points for TLG!!! Happy Weekend!

Falcon came with two thick outer cardboard boxes... no dents or damage this time!

15 hours ago, Markalus said:

I read somewhere (it could have been here) that they only allocated 1500 UCS Falcons for North America, their biggest market. That's an appallingly low number, if true. So I doubt very much that they have sold anywhere near 20,000 units. Although backorders will likely push the numbers way up judging by the reported wait times. Honestly, I doubt the black VIP card will be worth much, other than to provide incentive to spend more money on Lego! Like any of us need it :wink: 

So i was able to find some more info. Apparently if you buy the falcon between now and December 31st you get the black VIP card. Also I read that they had sold 6500 units in just North America in the 1st hour which is why the site crashed and why they are out of stock. But who knows at this point.

49 minutes ago, elederberg said:

So i was able to find some more info. Apparently if you buy the falcon between now and December 31st you get the black VIP card. Also I read that they had sold 6500 units in just North America in the 1st hour which is why the site crashed and why they are out of stock. But who knows at this point.

Did they mention anything about canceling orders on their end?

Edited by madroskylo77

52 minutes ago, elederberg said:

$5.2 million in revenue in 1 hour...

That's incredible.

44 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

Did they mention anything about canceling orders on their end?

Not that I could find. But a couple of people who ordered and who's orders say backordered have been saying their order is being shipped on October 11, first week of December and the first week of November, so it seems like it's anyones guess as to when it will be back in stock. Maybe Lego will surprise everyone and have them back on October 1st but its definitely looking doubtful.

1 hour ago, elederberg said:

Not that I could find. But a couple of people who ordered and who's orders say backordered have been saying their order is being shipped on October 11, first week of December and the first week of November, so it seems like it's anyones guess as to when it will be back in stock. Maybe Lego will surprise everyone and have them back on October 1st but its definitely looking doubtful.

Mine just says waiting on new stock. I haven't received an email about a possible ship date.

2 hours ago, elederberg said:

I expect they are prioritising the production of the UCS MF over other sets right now just to cope with the apparently surprising (to them) high demand. They are getting savaged online for their handling of the release, even the Lego S@H wesbsite has really bad "reviews" of the set, just because people are angry they didn't get one! That's a PR disaster. You don't want your flagship set, which is clearly incredible, to have a 2-3 star rating. Hopefully, they have stock ready to go on Oct 1., I reckon it's a fair chance orders get fulfilled quicker than anticipated.

What's this about a black VIP card? When I bought the Falcon someone in store mentioned it gets posted to you? Didn't seem to be any way to get one then and there.

Edited by DrasticPlastic

1 hour ago, madroskylo77 said:

Mine just says waiting on new stock. I haven't received an email about a possible ship date.

I haven't ordered mine yet, I was planning on getting it during the double VIP points but thats looking less and less likely, but a bunch of people on the press thread had said they got in touch with Lego either through phone or email I think and those dates were the response they got.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:37 PM, SCREDEYE said:

Hence why scalpers exist. There are better things to sell for profit, ill never understand why people choose lego out of all of it

Consistency in profits.

Making profits from a hobby and a passion.

It's really easy to understand why people choose Lego out of all of it.

Anyone who reviews something they don't own with a low rating simply because they were unable to buy it is a special kind of idiot.

11 hours ago, Markalus said:

I expect they are prioritising the production of the UCS MF over other sets right now just to cope with the apparently surprising (to them) high demand. They are getting savaged online for their handling of the release, even the Lego S@H wesbsite has really bad "reviews" of the set, just because people are angry they didn't get one! That's a PR disaster. You don't want your flagship set, which is clearly incredible, to have a 2-3 star rating. Hopefully, they have stock ready to go on Oct 1., I reckon it's a fair chance orders get fulfilled quicker than anticipated.

I think for almost any other company it would be a massive PR disaster.

But as far as Brand loyalty is Lego's is incredibly strong.

I would say that it is too strong, and thus they are less likely to learn valuable lessons that other companies have to.

I have seen some people defending Lego as if Lego was some amateur organisation running a bake sale.

Between this and the beautiful Saturn V, operationally (distribution and stock prep) Lego has had a very poor year. 

58 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Anyone who reviews something they don't own with a low rating simply because they were unable to buy it is a special kind of idiot.

It is a shame.

It is certainly one of the challenges with providing feedback of different aspects related to a company.

ie we would want the ratings of sets to be based on design and pricing v distribution approach, but the challenge is how do you effectively and publically provide feedback related to very poor operational issues and the website.

4 minutes ago, AussieSamurai said:

Between this and the beautiful Saturn V, operationally (distribution and stock prep) Lego has had a very poor year. 

I imagine those claiming lego would provide adequate stock, and shouted down any that said otherwise, want to reassess their position.

In all seriousness, this set isn't released for another fortnight so stock issues have to be seen in context and all companies underproduce 'risky' products to manage the risk and to enhance the perception of demand 'shelves cleaned out? Wow, this must be an amazing set!'

We tend to forget that the biggest UCS sets are really marketing tools and not standard sets at all. Major news outlets have covered this release - they don't do that for Yoda's Hut playsets (TM) - the Falcon is on shelves to 'wow' people, to get people that have never bought a Lego set to start thinking about Lego (if you buy a £650 set, you'll come back for more) and the set works to 'inspire', to show what's possible with plastic bricks. It's a way of marketing that's much more effective than posters and adverts at getting across some key messages.

Oh, and the set is incredible and so much bigger in person that any picture can convey. It's also virtually impossible to lift. Anyone have a spare hour to help me move it ?

How long are usually the UCS sets on sale 5 years or more? So everyone who wants the MF will be able to buy it, sooner or later so wheres the problem ?