Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Robianco said:

Give them a call to confirm. They'll let you know the status of your orders and cancel the second one of you don't want it... or at least confirm that you're not trying to cheat the system.

I did. Sat on hold for 45 minutes and finally talked to a lady who told me that their whole system was down and that they couldn't see anything or look at anyone's accounts. I asked if she could make a note, or if they would cancel just one, both, etc... all she said was that she had "no idea".... :-(

I kept trying to order this morning and the site was toast. I managed to get it in my cart, but it disappeared and I got logged out. By the time I was able to add it to my cart again the Falcon was in 'back order' status and I was able to place a back order, so I am just happy to be in line to get one.

5 minutes ago, Boston Terrier said:

I kept trying to order this morning and the site was toast. I managed to get it in my cart, but it disappeared and I got logged out. By the time I was able to add it to my cart again the Falcon was in 'back order' status and I was able to place a back order, so I am just happy to be in line to get one.

Same experience here. I ordered one, but only managed to get it "backordered, will ship in 30 days". Still, last time I got such a message (I cannot remember for what set it was), LEGO finally shipped it to me 2 days later instead of one month later.

I therefore believe there is hope, for those who managed to place an order online early today, that one might receive their UCS MF within a few days, even though the system says "backerdered, 30 days".

Personnally, If LEGO manages to find me one within a week, I will be happy. If not, I will cancel my order and wait for an interesting promotion before ordering again, no matter how long it takes. The thrill for me was to get one as soon as it comes out. If I have to wait a month, this does not matter anymore and I can wait much longer.

Waiting for new stock can literally mean anything. They might find new stock soon. They might not. It's purposefully vague. The only one it doesn't mean is "out of stock" because while they might temporarily be out you WILL get your Falcon I would think.

Anyways I elected to skip it for now. I'm getting TWO later. Hope I can find one before the new years. I'm moving back to the UK from the US in October it seems so it's just not great timing to buy a 25 pound set!

Just now, BrickG said:

Waiting for new stock can literally mean anything. They might find new stock soon. They might not. It's purposefully vague. The only one it doesn't mean is "out of stock" because while they might temporarily be out you WILL get your Falcon I would think.

Anyways I elected to skip it for now. I'm getting TWO later. Hope I can find one before the new years. I'm moving back to the UK from the US in October it seems so it's just not great timing to buy a 25 pound set!

Thanks for the help! Kinda bummed cause I managed to order it at 8:05 but after the s**t hit the fun I guessed my order must have been pushed back :/

Unless you are in a weird country with a strange economy, no reasonable company in the world will offer promotions, double VIP points, etc for the item, where demand far exceeds supply (naturally or with a trick, more of that later), take brand new iphone, where retail stocks are kept low to ease of burden bringing a new product into the production cycle and also used as a marketing gimmick, very similar of what TLG trying to pull with Falcon 2nd version here, you don't expect a discount/special offers for Iphone X anytime soon, right? So you should not wait for 'double hauls', by the time of such promotion, set # 75192 will be kept out of stock. Let them make some money and recover :) buy at full price when you can, i almost missed 1st chance myself, due to crash of their servers, anyway that's just my .02 cents. do not wait.

Edited by Gobbi

LEGO® VIP Early Access was available for LEGO® VIP members on September 14th 2017. It’s proved to be so popular with fans that we’re currently out of stock.

75192 Millennium Falcon™ goes on sale from October 1st 2017, however due to the overwhelming success of our VIP Early Access, it will remain temporarily sold out.

We know our fans are keen to get their hands on this amazing new set and we’re working hard to make it available again as soon as we can. We don’t have an exact date yet, but keep an eye on the product page on our LEGO® Shop website for the latest information.

If you already have a Millennium Falcon™ on backorder, we’ll ship it to you as soon as more sets are available.

From the horse's mouth.

Edited by madroskylo77

That is surprising, I assumed they sat aside a certain number for the early VIP and the rest would be available from the 1st but looks like they sold all they had so could be a while before more are available and IMO doubtful it will be available during the October double point promo.

Edited by Andyperkins

I think TLG move has been smart. Now they can say the biggest set ever was sold out on the first day to VIP members. Most people probably don't have a clue about VIP Lego members at all.

The hype worked well and it's a very good advertisement of the VIP program, which gives TLG much more profit than conventional stores.

24 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

That is surprising, I assumed they sat aside a certain number for the early VIP and the rest would be available from the 1st but looks like they sold all they had so could be a while before more are available and IMO doubtful it will be available during the October double point promo.

You don't need the set to be available to be rewarded of the x2 vip points, just need to purchase it.

3 minutes ago, dvogon said:

I think TLG move has been smart. Now they can say the biggest set ever was sold out on the first day to VIP members. Most people probably don't have a clue about VIP Lego members at all.

The hype worked well and it's a very good advertisement of the VIP program, which gives TLG much more profit than conventional stores.

Yeah... especially when the VIP concept means absolutely nothing as the card is free and only gives exclusivity access of an 800€ already out of stock set.

Several sets popped up on a Dutch auction site today. (stupid) People are paying up to € 1100 for a set. :laugh:

What's not funny is that both the scalpers AND the folks who pay these prices are destroying the market.

The hype around this set reminds me of when the Disney Castle came out, only that set's demand was seemingly unprecedented by Lego and they knew this set would have a very high demand. And of course the hype around the Millennium Falcon far exceeds that of the Disney Castle. On the US site, there's a red paragraph underneath the "Temporarily out of stock" message that says they were thrille by the positive response and they are doing everything they can to make more sets available. 

I just finished building the TLJ sets and now I'm wondering why the FO Shuttle pilot is called that when in reality it's just a FO Crew member with the visor folded up :head_back: I can't believe I haven't noticed that before :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

19 hours ago, madroskylo77 said:

This might be a silly question, but are VIP accounts region specific?

I live in Australia but travel to Germany every few years to visit in-laws and have been able to both earn and redeem VIP points in German Lego shops with the VIP account I established from Australia.

VIP accounts aren't region specific. If they have trouble finding your account in their database tell them what country the account originated in and they should find it.

10 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Several sets popped up on a Dutch auction site today. (stupid) People are paying up to € 1100 for a set. :laugh:

What's not funny is that both the scalpers AND the folks who pay these prices are destroying the market.

Look on eBay... that's ridiculous. Even the free presentation leaflet is sold at 5€. I'm gonna be rich I took 2 at the store lol

Just now, G59 said:

I'm gonna be rich I took 2 at the store lol

Hence why scalpers exist. There are better things to sell for profit, ill never understand why people choose lego out of all of it

Noones getting rich on one extra Falcon. They're selling for £900 on eBay. Take your 10% EBay fees + PayPal fees and you're getting less than £800 for it. With £650 outlay you're making less than £150. Nobody that's laid out £1300 in one shopping trip at a Lego store considers that 'rich'. Factor in that most people on this thread would then consider the person doing it a bit of an ar**hole and I wouldn't say it was worth it.

It's silly that people are paying almost £5 for the leaflet but for some reason I get the feeling people think it's the instruction booklet.

Just checked my account and my Falcon that was backordered and scheduled to ship before 1st October is now showing as "In Warehouse", so looks like they're getting new stock in fairly quickly (or there were cancellations\failed orders and I happened to be fairly near the front of the queue for backorders). 

I don't know if anyone else got one but I got a code for free 2 day shipping for the Millennium Falcon. Now as good as it is, it is unusable and probably will be useless even on October 1st. Instead of a code for free shipping LEGO could have done something much better for people who missed out and were standing in line hoping to get a set. There are 125 Lego Retail Stores in the country and for each store they should have given out around 10 codes for people who would not get it physically. The code will take you to a special website where only 1250 Falcons will be on sale because of the amount of codes they will hand out to you. Also any sets not sold before October 1st would be automatically moved to the general release to the public. This idea may sound stupid to some people, but I think it would be a lot better than having people waiting hours in line for disappointment of not getting a Millennium Falcon until 2 months later.

For that price point l am not sure the restricted stock strategy is the best. Getting caught up in the excitement l was ready to purchase but every day of reality and bills saving will make the purchase harder to justify, its not a status symbol like an i-phone people can show off. Agree 1 per customer for a VIP sale would have been sensible. But l am sure they will make a fortune

Does anyone think that they ran out of the special VIP cards given out with the falcon? I know they said the first 20,000 buyers got it I'm just not sure roughly how many were sold.