Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Why are none of the pics showing the MF directly from the rear? Maybe because the blue engine thingies are not brick built, but are instead made up of the same plastic tubes as in the 75105. You can really only see it in the new full video that the teaser video was edited from. Not yet made up my mind what I think about that, need to see a picture of it first.

The underside could be a little more detailed, and stickers are always nasty, but...

...an amazing set! Loving it! I was hoping for a lot, but they did really well with this one! Good Job, TLG.

Edited by Kalekko

2 minutes ago, brobert said:

probably not many are interested at this point but the new sets are up, and boy, the prices are disgusting *huh* 

the LJ sets are not visible by default by all the shops but if you open one in e.g .the german one where they are listed already, you can change at the set details

Good tip!

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

I just called the store and they said itll pop up tomorrow. Interestingly, they are also not completely aware of what the event is supposed to offer besides a few sets and x3 points which is weird since we never had sets pop up so late on the website. Must be because of that weird force Friday app thing they're trying to do.

The changing country tip works. Hope there's the trooper poly too :)

7 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Because apparently it's an overpriced rehash. People saying LEGO are bad because they've remade a set (like they do every couple years) and are charging a lot of money for it (thereby making them scummy cashgrab money makers).

even though its about $2,500 less than the last one right now.

It's basically whining kids and 20-something edgelords who thought something the size of a coffee table could be bought for their $200 Christmas money.

'But why isnt it Starkiler Base that wuld be more original lol Disney cash-grab zzzzz-SHUT THE F**K UP

Couldn't agree more.

UK pricing for the Resistance Transport Pod is very disappointing. In his (now taken down) video, Jang quoted £30, which for 294 pieces is reasonable. But it's actually £39.99 which is taking the mick really. Definitely one to get once discounted. 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

UK pricing for the Resistance Transport Pod is very disappointing. In his (now taken down) video, Jang quoted £30, which for 294 pieces is reasonable. But it's actually £39.99 which is taking the mick really. Definitely one to get once discounted. 

That set is a disgrace to begin with, but the pricing is the same in Switzerland. But everything costs more even in Euros than the previous waves. THe bomber is a lot less pieces and costs more than e.g. an X-wing

The MF is 899,95 euros here in Finland through Lego.com! Do we really make that much more money as a nation here to justify that, or what is this?! I think I'll have to lie to the Mrs. about the price and start cooking Heisenberg style.

Well, I told myself I'd get the Falcon, no matter what, and I'm sticking to it. I guess I'll pimp some wheels on it and drive it to work, since it costs about the same as a reasonably kept VW Golf. 

23 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

Have you seen that Tyrant Star Destroyer?

The MOC that comes apart in layers? - yeah - I have... It is pretty impressive. I supposed it would arguably be the best "build" ever.

Either way, this MF is amazing!

I can already hear the pissed off wives  when AFOLS with giants grins on their faces come home with this beast. :laugh: 

But Jesus that set looks awesome, 

It's music to my eye holes, what a gorgeous build!! How much does it weigh to hold that thing?? It's gonna take all weekend to look at this thing. Man!! Mah porgs! Mah mynocks!! OMFG, doodes. I don't know what's making me laugh harder... those porgs or the price of that Falcon! :laugh:  "Mah porgs!! I must have mah porgs! Porgs #1. Et cetera..."  

It borders on criminal negligence that there are only two porgs. Should we begin to petition TLG now for an all porg playset?? I want a hillside of twenty porgs on Ahch-to at Lego's earliest convenience. This must happen.

The UCS Millennium Falcon looks Fantastic and has blown my Expectations away. I still wish there was a Lando Calrissian and a Bespin Luke figure in this set, but the Falcon itself looks amazing.

75192 is the sort of sets people drop out of college for. Unfortunately I'm not going to drop out so I can spend $800 on this. I wonder how much it'll be to Bricklink what I don't have. Also stunned to see we get a pretty well done interior!

So, the prices for the regular System sets for TLJ in the UK are (prices are in bold, left some of my personal thoughts in regular font):

- Resistance Transport Pod (75176): £39.99 ---> This is an absolute joke. These days you can find the Resistance Troop Transport on Amazon discounted for the same price, which has better minifigures and a compressed version of the Pod itself included with it. This is one I doubt will sell like hot cakes here, even with Rose in there. Definitely one I'll pick up on discount, if I find I even want it, it's a pretty bad set anyway.

- First Order Heavy Scout Walker (75177): £49.99 ---> Definitely one of the better priced sets of the wave. 554 pieces for £49.99 is pretty good going. Though, not one I'll personally pick-up, too strange for me.

- Kylo Ren's TIE FIghter (75179): £74.99 ---> Not the best in terms of price per piece, however I think it's just about acceptable enough, since the build is pretty substantial in itself, and it's a very cool set nevertheless, that'll probably sell pretty well.

- BB-8 (75187): £84.99 ---> Really, that's an absolute bargain. £84.99 for 1106 parts is very good going.

- Resistance Bomber (75188): £99.99 ---> Not the greatest price, 780 parts for £99.99 isn't great, but it's a pretty hefty build with two great minifigs in the form of Poe and Holdo, so it just clears it, I think.

- First Order Heavy Assault Walker: £129.99 ---> The walker is a big, incredible build, and it does well in terms of price per part, just below 10p per piece, and with a great figure selection I think this is pretty fair.

- First Order Star Destroyer: £129.99 ---> I could not be happier with this price. I was expecting something in the £140-£150 region, but this exceeds all expectations. Definitely a set I'm going to strongly consider picking up.

Also, for those who haven't seen, the Falcon is £650 here in the UK, which, quite frankly, is an absolute bargain.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

7541 pieces, £650/$799 prices all but confirmed... 

I guess Lego decided to adopt a business model of making less money.... That we're getting the best deal ever and peoples expectations were realistic... 

I'm also not understanding why people are obsessing about the 'disappointment' in minifig selection. This set was never to be about the minifigs, it was never going to be one of its selling points, just a nice addition/inclusion. They have also surprised us with the mynok and 2 porg's  which are awesome in themselves... If you are wanting this set for its minifigs, you're wanting it for the wrong reasons and not for why they updated it. 

I'm happy they did.  I've already said I think they did a great job.  Not sure why you felt the need to make a snarky, gloating comment.  But whatever makes you happy.

well in light of the UK prices it's all the more disappointing seeing the Swiss prices.

The star destroyer and the walker are not even in the same price here. If I apply my VIP discount that I already collected, it comes out about the same price. That's an average 15 chf more for all the sets than what you have to pay. wtf

But the bomber is just ridiculous....nothing justifies that price. 

What is wrong with The Last Jedi set prices? The Star Destroyer and Heavy Assault Walker are $10 more than the prices I had heard. A Ninjago Movie set that's the same price as the Star Destroyer has almost 900 more pieces and 7 full minifigures! I know they can't really be compared because Star Wars is licensed, but it's ridiculous. I want Kylo's TIE fighter, but I'm going to wait for a huge sale. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A Ninjago Movie set that's the same price as the Star Destroyer has almost 900 more pieces and 7 full minifigures! I know they can't really be compared because Star Wars is licensed, but it's ridiculous.

There's the problem right there. LEGO can get away with selling Ninjago products cheaper because it's not licensed, whereas all this Star Wars stuff which is licensed and will also likely be sold like hot cakes is going to be a bummer when it comes to money.

I think i'll dream about ucs falcons tonight. What a sweet set. Sadly out of my price range right now, but i wish all the first day purchasers a super brickbuilding experience. Don't forget to play the star wars soundtracks while building. #jealous

The republic bomber is wonderful and I can't resist an AT-AT...but this TLJ wave really doesn't impress. The prices aren't great but I think the killer is the boring figures. We know TLJ has interesting new characters but little of that shows through.

Wow! Too many posts here...

Probably it has been posted before, but in any case, posting the designer's video URL for this soooo special set twice I expect it won't hurt too much ;)

It's just impressive!!!1!!!

Edited by dvogon
just hope this link is ok...

In the background of the designer video there's a UCS version of Darth Vader's Advanced TIE Fighter. Obviously there was one released years ago, but considering every other Star Wars set in the back was from the past 2-3 years or so could that mean that's the next UCS set for May 4th with the speculated Imperial Star Destroyer this time next year?

Edited by elederberg

1 minute ago, elederberg said:

In the background of the designer video there's a UCS version of Darth Vader's Advanced TIE Fighter. Obviously there was one released years ago, but considering every other Star Wars set in the back was from the past 2-3 years or so could that mean that's the next UCS set for May 4th with the speculated Imperial Star Destroyer this time next year?

Not everything is a clue. 

2 hours ago, Kalekko said:

I think I'll have to lie to the Mrs. about the price and start cooking Heisenberg style.

Bricking Bad.