Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

It looks great, and everything I would've hoped for. It's good to see they'veachieved a smoother surfaace on top as well.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:32 AM, AussieSamurai said:

Obscene pricing for that market, feels like Lego is not even trying re issues with Lepin and the like

I think in China Lego is only targeting at people "above middle class", which are typically people whose annual income is above ¥200k in Metropolitans like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen ... or above ¥100k in some other big cities. For Lepin, they actually did quite a nice advertisement for Lego because they let the people with lower income also have the chance to get a touch with Lego designs, and those people will buy Lego as soon as they can afford it because everyone knows Lepin is illegal and of no value at all.

Edited by phoenix416

The Falcon has to be real as we would have seen a moc this good before. It uses way too many of the recently released modified tiles and macaroni pieces and just has that lego design about it.

Love the way the docking ring is constructed as the sloped nature of it is tricky to replicate and the stepped approach looks good. The greebling in general looks top notch along with all the piping.

If this is the actual release, I can't wait to get my hands on it and start modding. First task is to redesign those blocky fins at the back made from 1x2 slopped bricks.

The new MF looks great! Part of me is a bit disappointed that it wasn't revealed with great fanfare just next week though. Lego's done such a good job with keeping images under wraps and they were so close to the finish line. Ah well - the set looks great anyways. Surprised to see the rigging again, but I guess it works.

This is freaking nuts. It looks incredible; almost like the dreams that I had for a UCS MF. I feel bad for TLG that images of this got out before the intended announcement.

Edited by Azani

That looks amazing, and I'll be ordering one on the 14th September! 

If it's a fake someone has gone to a lot of effort, as it doesn't seem to be a lifted from any MOCs that I've seen.  In addition, if you look at the docking ring, it looks remarkably similar to the fragment that's (briefly) visible in the 15 second teaser.  They've balanced the level of greebling and studs perfectly; it will make a stunning centrepiece to my collection.

Awesome work LEGO! :wub::wub::wub:

I think it's gonna be 699 EUROS guys. :sweet:

Edited by LOBOT-OMY
euros, not dollars.

Awesome! :grin:

Size and scale-wise, a length of 840mm / 8mm (one stud) = 105 studs

105s / 34.75m (in-universe length) = 3.0 studs per metre

Just now, DEAD1974 said:

so finally the MF is here and we can move to other more interesting sets for future

While I agree that it'll be nice to talk about something else, what exactly is more interesting than a freaking UCS Falcon?

1 hour ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

Shame that the top hatch is just a round tile, was hoping that it would be able to be opened. Freaking amazing looking model though! :D

I was thinking the same. Maybe the plate under the round tile can swing open? But not likely. 

The set is simply monumental!

Just now, TheRealDickDastardly said:

While I agree that it'll be nice to talk about something else, what exactly is more interesting than a freaking UCS Falcon?

don´t take me wrong, I have nothing against the MF even I don't care about it at all, but imao there are plenty of possibilities for new never seen motives from SW universe. So I hope LEGO can make more creative things than recycling old sets

Just now, Bantha Fodder said:

I was thinking the same. Maybe the plate under the round tile can swing open? But not likely. 

The set is simply monumental!

I think it's mounted on one of those 2 x 2 tiles with a single, central stud.. so, unlikely I fear. Also means that it's slightly out of scale with a minifigure too. This is such a minor gripe though, I won't care when this thing is sat on my kitchen table! :D

I have to say, I'm disappointed....

That it got leaked. From what looks to be a gorgeous set, and all the trouble they have gone to, to keep it under wraps, it would have been nice for it to be revealed for the first time, by TLG.  Sure, a lot of people will still see it for the first time by TLG, but for us, we are outside of that... Oh well. 

As for the top hatch, I'll simply be finding a way to mod it to open!

All that was leaked was one picture. We still haven't seen the minifigures, if it has interior, seen hi-res detailed photos, etc. I think there is enough for Lego to reveal next week still to make it somewhat special.

Meh! 

Looks too bumpy to me.  If you look at the studio models the dome is pretty smooth.

I think the docking tubes are too small.  Should be same diameter as the cockpit.

Could have done something different with the engines.  The fins on the old lego set look like the real model better. 

I like the use of slopes for the cockpit tunnel and the brick built turrets look better.

Will continue to work on my own design.

Steve

45 minutes ago, doclord said:

Eh, isn't it just a $800 model if you can't open it? Can't you buy a MF that large for much much less?

And nothing is stopping anyone from buying a model of one instead of the Lego version. I'll be buying the Lego model instead of a cheaper non Lego version.

I like everything about it except that corner:

Spoiler

0f332da04c2dc322f139a4c3659f0e0f.png  c4776c0b862abbb9f21712e7c7b066d7.png

looks very sloppy. I'm sure they could have done it better

Edited by AndrewShun

If that isn't the real one, they did a good job at incorporating the partial structures shown in the teaser video. 

1. At the left of BB-8 one of the 6 circular structures of the back, with the same size and shape and no studs shown in the upper part.

2. The lateral structure has the same shape without studs and three surfaces: internal cylinder, external cylinder and hexagon with only two studs at the top. Also the shape inside the inner cylinder.

3. The cockpit is the best one... The same number of studs in the three axes, separate sections at the cockpit lateral: 6 studs for circular pieces, 1 stud open, plus 2 studs for circular pieces  (the pieces flying from the left to be inserted, already inserted at the botton right), using the same Saturn V technique at 45 degrees. The vertical studs and position to attach the cockpit may also be identified. Even the lightsaber piece at the end of the cockpit, just in the angle.

MF vent.jpg

MF lateral.jpg

MF cockpit.jpg

Just now, AndrewShun said:

I like everything about it except that corner:

looks very sloppy

That corner is near impossible to get right as its a curved corner meeting at a difficult angle. You could spend a lifetime trying to get that right to no avail.