Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

P.S. new photos of FO Special Forces Pilot appeared and he's so good, why wasn't he included in 2015 TFA Tie?

I bet they didn't realize the fan appeal for them and so made up for it by putting it in Kylo's TIE.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

I bet they didn't realize the fan appeal for them and so made up for it by putting it in Kylo's TIE.

Probably, but putting regular Tie pilots in SF Tie was a mistake since only SF pilots use SF Tie's. Well at least now my FO Tie will have accurate pilots!

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It is also possible they planned to spread the figure choice out, starting with the regular FO pilots then moving along to the Special forces. It works in a way, because there will probably be no new Tie Pilot variant.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

or ... disney/lucas changed the pilot after the design was released and approved and manufacturing had begun.

reading this board it is painfully obvious that very few understand the level of detail that goes into manufacturing something, especially in the volume needed to support a worldwide release, prior to the movie even being finished.

at the risk of getting a time out or even banned, 90% of the people in here can't even read between the lines when a mod/admin posts about shutting the eff up about opinions and speculation and such.  take that !!!! elsewhere. and to anyone wishing to say something to me about 'mini-modding' or whatever you millennials call it, ****.

i come here for info and news, not to hear your comments about this that the other being wrong or whatever.

Edited by Tidy

30 minutes ago, Tidy said:

or ... disney/lucas changed the pilot after the design was released and approved and manufacturing had begun.

reading this board it is painfully obvious that very few understand the level of detail that goes into manufacturing something, especially in the volume needed to support a worldwide release, prior to the movie even being finished.

at the risk of getting a time out or even banned, 90% of the people in here can't even read between the lines when a mod/admin posts about shutting the eff up about opinions and speculation and such.  take that !!!! elsewhere. and to anyone wishing to say something to me about 'mini-modding' or whatever you millennials call it, ****.

i come here for info and news, not to hear your comments about this that the other being wrong or whatever.

oh wow, someone takes the heatwave worse than others I guess...I don't know what the whole mini-modding millennial part is but I'm sure you'll have a nice conversation with Stash :classic:

you're right about the reason for a "wrong figure" though, that might be the cause. But as I can see you're not here that long yet so I'll just spare you some rage and give an advice: let it go. If TLG "messes up" a figure/set, there will be endless moaning. Just do what I do in times like this, bite your lip and wait for the mods to make order. Trust me, it works better than rants :wink:

but then again..I'm just an everyday potato quality expert :classic:

Edited by brobert

28 minutes ago, brobert said:

oh wow, someone takes the heatwave worse than others I guess...I don't know what the whole mini-modding millennial part is but I'm sure you'll have a nice conversation with Stash :classic:

you're right about the reason for a "wrong figure" though, that might be the cause. But as I can see you're not here that long yet so I'll just spare you some rage and give an advice: let it go. If TLG "messes up" a figure/set, there will be endless moaning. Just do what I do in times like this, bite your lip and wait for the mods to make order. Trust me, it works better than rants :wink:

but then again..I'm just an everyday potato quality expert :classic:

No, he's actually right besides really escalating his tone. While I do agree with him completely he does need to chill out, this issue isn't just in EB, it's everywhere. What makes it worse is that people pick out favourites and will only listen and support those community members and the star wars community is by far the worst offender.

Here's hoping stash really kicks things off in the 2018 thread 

14 hours ago, Criss said:

Looks like a picture of the AT-M6 pilot appeared...

I'm not sold on this minifigures to be honest. It just looks a bit like a flame trooper helmet on an older AT-AT pilot torso to me. Loving Smoke, Kylo and all the other figures we've seen so far though. 

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm not sold on this minifigures to be honest. It just looks a bit like a flame trooper helmet on an older AT-AT pilot torso to me. Loving Smoke, Kylo and all the other figures we've seen so far though. 

Agreed.

I'm not sure if anyone here knows the truth behind this, but am I the only one who thinks this looks legit? Found it on google images. It's likely a custom judging from the shinyness of his hand. 

IMG_0486.JPG

13 hours ago, Tidy said:

Are you sure about that? Hasbro released a FO Special Forces Tie Pilot with red markings at the same as the LEGO FO Tie. 

Edited by jdm44

8 minutes ago, Fives said:

I'm not sure if anyone here knows the truth behind this, but am I the only one who thinks this looks legit? Found it on google images. It's likely a custom judging from the shinyness of his hand. 

IMG_0486.JPG

Looks really good but most likely custom or from a promo of some kind given how shiny that hand is. The face and body printing is top notch.  

37 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Looks really good but most likely custom or from a promo of some kind given how shiny that hand is. The face and body printing is top notch.  

It's a Phoenix Custom figure. Not lego official.

In related news, a picture of the Resistance Bomber pilot is circulating Facebook and the figure appears to have a similar double-sided face to the Resistance Bombardier, with the breathing apparatus.

Lego Phoenix Customs Episode VII Luke Skywalker For Sale

Phoenix Customs Luke figure as mentioned by Brickweiser. Not official in any way shape or form. Just putting this here in the interest of ending the need to build any kind of conversation around it.

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Didn't someone mention lukebeing in a poly as well as a set or was that the troll, honestly can't remember

A troll if I remember correctly.

Just now, Jedi-Bendu said:

A troll if I remember correctly.

I mean it was the same person who uploaded the three bigger sets so not entirely

15 minutes ago, legojeroen said:

Okay I know wild guessing is not that appreciated, but the trans blue piece on the back of this new Ninjago set looks like it could be a future UCS MF cockpit piece.

Or am I going nuts now? 

The link takes you to yahoo sign in. 

44 minutes ago, legojeroen said:

Okay I know wild guessing is not that appreciated, but the trans blue piece on the back of this new Ninjago set looks like it could be a future UCS MF cockpit piece.

Or am I going nuts now? 

The proportions on that look spot on, not as pointy at the end like the other MF cockpit, something tells me you are on to something there!

Looks about right to me... there's are a few other views of the set around, but the ones I saw on Brickset weren't giving anything else away...

7 hours ago, legojeroen said:

Or am I going nuts now? 

Not going nuts at all... that was my first instinct too! The Ninjago Movie sets are actually looking pretty interesting, but those trans blue pieces are screaming to be used as cockpits - if they come in trans clear :look: Hopefully this means something, gotta love what look like the x-wing canopy up front too!

Edited by slacker int

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Does that piece go from an 8x8 stud area to a 6x6? The currently-used cockpit goes from 8x8 to 4x4. 

I believe you are correct.

6w6o9oJ.jpg
Seems like a better fit.