Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Another "leaked" image of the Falcon is over on Reddit. 

Personally I don't see it being real, but who knows... It claims 6274 pieces 

Edited by nikhkin

As I posted on reddit: It's fake. The distances between logo and the information text isn't correct and LEGO would never put anything with such a bad lighting on the box. Ever. You can also see some artifacts from cutting the model out of a photo, and the background is way too plain.

If that one isn't real whoever made it sure knew what they were doing. There are movement lines behind the ship, the gold borders look just like the other UCS sets and is that a new cockpit piece?!? 

On the other side that looks very similar to 10179, but if there are 6200 pieces maybe they found a way to rework it a bit and give it an interior? 

Just now, Alexastor said:

As I posted on reddit: It's fake. The distances between logo and the information text isn't correct and LEGO would never put anything with such a bad lighting on the box. Ever. You can also see some artifacts from cutting the model out of a photo, and the background is way too plain.

Font is way too of and of course... It's not even a cloud city backdrop. Just an orange sky, knowing Lego would make sure you see Cloud City in the distance.

I've had a look at quite a few images, and I can't tell the difference between the old version and the new, looking at details like smooth plates and greebling.

Plus, you can buy a Force Awakens radar dish with what appears to be an identical build on eBay.

To me this seems to just be someone taking an old image of the UCS Falcon, putting it on a box design and taking a blurry picture. 

Just now, Commander Turtle said:

Shame, really. One of these days, LEGO will indulge us. Making a new Falcon would be printing money, right?

It's been said by fairly reputable people that it is coming. We just don't have any official images or details yet.

Just now, nikhkin said:

It's been said by fairly reputable people that it is coming. We just don't have any official images or details yet.

I've heard this said before. Who are the reputable people?

17 minutes ago, Commander Turtle said:

I've heard this said before. Who are the reputable people?

@Stash2Sixx I was pretty sure he mentioned it was coming (apologies if I've incorrctly attributed it to him) pages back, I couldn't be bothered wading through all the 50+ pages of crap to get there...

2 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

@Stash2Sixx I was pretty sure he mentioned it was coming (apologies if I've incorrctly attributed it to him) pages back, I couldn't be bothered wading through all the 50+ pages of crap to get there...

I don't think anyone remembers at this point. But people got latched on to it pretty quickly...

33 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I believe CM4Sci was the first credible person to suggest it, saying it was "likely" over on reddit. That was some time before Stash2Sixx said anything about it. There were one or two other reliable leakers in-between who said we'd see a new largest set ever this year, but I've forgotten who.

2 hours ago, xSilent-Commando said:

Font is way too of and of course... It's not even a cloud city backdrop. Just an orange sky, knowing Lego would make sure you see Cloud City in the distance.

I assumed it was a Jakku background as the MF has the TFA radar dish, wouldn't make much sense for it to have that in the image against a Cloud City background.

3 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

I assumed it was a Jakku background as the MF has the TFA radar dish, wouldn't make much sense for it to have that in the image against a Cloud City background.

But the image has the MF with the classic radar dish, so Jakku wouldn't make sense. 

@Andyperkins I think you're referring to the image from yesterday - the small and blurry one? Another "leak" popped up on the lego and legoleaks subreddit (legoleaks seems to have taken it down) and it shows the set's box over an orange sky. 

To those calling it fake - sure it could be, but what if the leaker deliberately posted it the day after the last fake to throw everyone off? Not saying I believe it, just a thought...

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

@Andyperkins I think you're referring to the image from yesterday - the small and blurry one? Another "leak" popped up on the lego and legoleaks subreddit (legoleaks seems to have taken it down) and it shows the set's box over an orange sky. 

To those calling it fake - sure it could be, but what if the leaker deliberately posted it the day after the last fake to throw everyone off? Not saying I believe it, just a thought...

Legoleaks is taking posts down now that I have time to work on it. No one follows post formats and I've given all the posters a chance to reupload those pictures as rumours as long as they followed the first rule of the subreddit.

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

But the image has the MF with the classic radar dish, so Jakku wouldn't make sense. 

Wasn't aware there was yet another picture just the blurry one with desert background.

I just saw a leaked image of the tie bomber on one of the FB groups. Not sure if it's fake or not, but the box art is from the Rogue one wave.

Edited by madroskylo77

Yeah, I think that one is fake, especially if it is using the Rogue One box art - the Episode VIII sets have the image of Rey, Poe and Finn in the top right corner on the box art, not the Deathtrooper.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I know the image you're speaking of. That one's fake too.

It isn't "fake", it's a MOC that somebody created boxart for. It has the set number "2016". You can't find the flickr images of it from 2016.

Just now, nikhkin said:

It isn't "fake", it's a MOC that somebody created boxart for. It has the set number "2016". You can't find the flickr images of it from 2016.

Just noticed the 2016 :P. Should have been more careful.

3 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Yeah, I think that one is fake, especially if it is using the Rogue One box art - the Episode VIII sets have the image of Rey, Poe and Finn in the top right corner on the box art, not the Deathtrooper.

It wouldn't be an episode VIII set though, would it?

Just now, madroskylo77 said:

It wouldn't be an episode VIII set though, would it?

Even if it wasn't, if it's coming out with TLJ wave or in 2018 Winter, it would certainly have moved on from the Deathtrooper art.

*Snip*

Sorry if you knew it

Edit - Links and images removed - please follow EB Guidelines about confidential images (link):

'Images: Don't post images that are over 1,024 x 768 (or 768 x 1,024 for pictures with a portrait orientation) or are LEGO confidential. Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. Avatar images should be 100 x 100 (and under 20k if hosted on EB), and may not be more than 400 x 400 (and 100k, even if hosted remotely). No animated GIFs are to be used as avatars. Before registering, please familiarize yourself with these tutorials to learn how to reduce your own images. Also, when quoting, don't quote images unless it is specifically needed. This just fills up posts with repeat images for no reason.

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material'

Edited by Lobot
: Confidential images & link removed

14 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Ok now I wanna see that pic lol.

Anyone in private?

R/legoleaks